Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

How do you feel about death/dying ? Lately i get death anxiety

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 9
File: hungrydoge.jpg (102 KB, 616x960) Image search: [Google]
hungrydoge.jpg
102 KB, 616x960
How do you feel about death/dying ?
Lately i get death anxiety making me not able to
sleep and my heart pounding like crazy when i over think of death
>>
It'll happen when it happens, i'm cool with that.
>>
Everyone dies man, it's life. life it's just a game..you live for a couple years, then you die and 10-30 years later nobody will remember you.
>>
Read the new testament.
>>
don't you love the feeling of finally going to sleep after a hard day? like those few hours of rest are the only break you get from life?

death is just a hella long nap my dude
>>
>>686292203

God, by your definition, does not exist.

Jesus and Peter fucked each other in the ass, which led to God fucking them up.

Pussies like you follow this religion because you can't accept death.
>>
>>686291342
Think of it like this: If you can continue your existence after death in some form that is great. If you die and nothing happens that is great also because nothing fucking happens it's over.
>>
>>686291342
Op are you in your early 20's by any chance? I went through it. My girl friend is now. My friends did. I thinks its just normal. Its how we get over it or deny it and become religious.
>>
>>686292573
I love you
>>
I dont care I want to die

>2edgy4u
>>
>>686292756
yes, i am 22 almost 23
>>
I used to get anxious over death but hadn't in quite a while until today. One of my good friends died of bone marrow cancer today and now my bullshit existentialism is back
>>
>>686292203
Religion is a lie and an easy way out for pansies like you who wanna pretend they are going somewhere when they die. You rot in the ground and go back to nothingness like because you were born. Deal with it pussy.
>>
>>686293531
BEFORE* FUCK.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 650x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 650x363
Ya know whatever man, just don't think about it
>>
>>686291342
Might be because I'm young, but I'm literally afraid 0% of death and the process of dying itself. I think eternal life is a much more terrifying thought.
What I indeed am afraid of, is being at the end of the line and not having accomplished anything I can look back to proudly.
What in particular are you afraid of, OP? Death is (what a surprise) a very broad term.
>>
File: Allisvanity.jpg (389 KB, 800x1219) Image search: [Google]
Allisvanity.jpg
389 KB, 800x1219
>>686294116
I disagree. You should face the fact that you are mortal regularly. Without dying, life has no purpose. Why try to accomplish anything if your life won't end?
Also, suppressing your fears is the most unhealthy way you can handle this kind of thing.
>>
>>686294666
Satan has spoken,
>>
>>686294777
kek. Allow me to check back, kind sir
>>
>>686292756
But I've accepted it and am religious.
>>
File: king of the forest.jpg (762 KB, 851x850) Image search: [Google]
king of the forest.jpg
762 KB, 851x850
>>686294666
thank you for the great advice satan
>>
>>686291342
I'm just waiting for its sweet embrace. No joke, I would kill myself but I'm a coward, I would do it but I feel others would be affected by it too uch
>>
>>686291342

Accepting death needs to happen.

Idk how you'll come to terms. Everyone has differnt ways of getting there.

It comes down to if you believe there is purpose to life or its all just floating about.

Either way death is ganna happen.
>>
It comes a goes but it usually happens when I'm just about to fall asleep. It's like my brain can't determine if I'm just falling sleep or dying. It's pretty fucking annoying. I've also got some minor health problems that I'm always afraid are going to snowball into some huge catastrophe at any time, it doesn't help that they've worsened over the years. The idea of spending a year or more hospitalized and still dying of whatever put me there bothers me more than dying itself. I don't want my family go see me like that just for me to go out on a whimper.
>>
>>686294965
Then you might not be afraid of death itself, but of the consequences of your life here on earth. Tell us, what do you think about when you are too afraid to sleep?

>>686295293
Firstly, don't think of suicide as bad because of the others. Suicide is not primarily bad because of the pain of your dearest, but because of the fight you are losing at the moment you jump.
And secondly, tell us your problem.
>>
>>686295483
Preach it.

>>686296021
Ever thought about it maybe being something physiological, not mental?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>>
>>686294666
Satan is wrong, life has no purpose anyway
>>
>>686296324
Yes, maybe it doesn't. But what remains after discovering life may have no purpose, no goal? Only freedom. Freedom to do whatever you want, with the thought in mind "I am going to die someday".
So you better do something wortwhile.
>>
>>686296025
I'm not really afraid of anything when I'm about to fall asleep. I decided when I was young that whether or not there is a God, I'd rather take my chances believing in it and lose an hour every Sunday. It seems logical to me that there is a creator, and since I can't know what creator is the real one, I'll believe in the one that makes the most sense to me.
>>
>>686296528
That's a logical solution and I congratulate you to it.
>>
>>686296184
I've read about that before and that sums up what happens to me fairly well, but have no idea what to do about it. Sleep aids usually end up keeping me awake so that kind of sucks.
>>
File: welp.gif (513 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
welp.gif
513 KB, 500x293
>>686296184
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
Not that anon but thanks, now i know what that is.
>>
>>686297451
>>686297658
EHS mostly appears in young adults (18-30), so you have the right age to possibly suffer from it, and recent studies prove it's far more common than previously thought.
I suggest, go see your doctor and speak to him about it. Maybe he'll send you to a neurologist who can help you with that.

>>686297658
No probz.
>>
>I'm afraid of death
> I have anxiety

You sound like every girl on my Facebook

Ofc death is scary but I guess you will accept it in the last few moments before you die
>>
>>686291342
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. (...) Take heed, do not squander your life."
>>
>>686297898
>>686297658
>>686297451
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150409-i-have-exploding-head-syndrome

Here's an article about that if anyone's interested (fairly popular scientific, but welp what are you gonna do about it)
>>
>>686298260
I like that, source?
>>
I want to die, but I'm too retarded to kill my self. Guess I'll wait until I get cancer or something
>>
>>686296324
>>686296324
It has the purpose you give to it.
>>
>>686298569
You are exactly right.
>>686298509
Why do you want to kill yourself?
>>
>>686292573
what do you mean, can't accept death?
>>
>>686298463
Eihei Dogen Zenji Sama
>>
>>686291342
If you're enjoying life and doing what you love, you could die at anytime knowing everything is good and how it should be.

It's how Nick Menza died on the weekend, playing drums live on stage with OHM, and had a heart attack in the middle of the set.
At least he died doing what he loved.

Stop worrying about death and start loving life anon.
>>
>>686298707
Thank you. I adore Zen, and honestly think it is one of the most intelligent religions.
>>
>>686298669
Believe that life continues after death, is not accepting the ultimate end in emptiness and nonexistence. AKA Death.
>>
I wanna go out like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_z4IuxAqpE
>>
>>686291342
i just accept it as an inevitable part of life. once you accept it, the anxiety disappears. i got other things in my life that i need to worry about.
>>
>>686298970
You can practice. Find a Zendo. Sit in Zazen. Enjoy your life.
>>
>>686299025
Ultimately, we have no proof at all if there is or isn't a god or afterlife. Tagging a belief system as "ignorant" or "non-accepting of death" is absolutely pointless. As we can't see who is right until our bell tolls, we should live in the moment and not choose the belief system which "is the most probable" but which comforts us the most. You wanna be an atheist? That's cool, as long as you're not rubbing it in other's faces. You're an orthodox Christian? Great, but don't try to convert anyone. Be happy for yourself.

>>686299303
I've tried it once, there actually is a Zendo in my home town, but I wasn't in the right mindframe at the time and sadly didn't return until now.
>>
>>686299025
would you say that there's a difference between can't and won't?
>>
>>686299743
Oh wow, an intelligent human being. How did you come down here in this shithole?
>>
I can't wait for it to happen to me
>>
>>686299743
i like you. unfortunately conversion is part of the great comission, and it's part of who we are. we just can't "try not to convert anyone".
>>
>>686300050
Thanks.
I don't really consider it a shithole, it's just a place where everyone can say anything they want (Well, except for posting cp). And I find that pretty cool.
You could say people are just shitty, but oh well.

>>686300176
Yeah, maybe. Although there are gradients. You can at least try to keep it down.
>>
>>686299743
But we know that there is life . And it is limited. Do not waste time with digressions about afterlife does not make sense . Spend your valuable time devoting to it makes even less sense .
>>
>>686291342
Do you remember the time before your birth? No?
It will be exactly the same after death, no god, no allah, no heaven, no bullshit you need to be afraid off. You will not be able to see, to taste, to whatever... You will also not be able to think, so it can't get borring.
There is littarly nothing to be afraid off.
Whenever it comes, I will be ready, I dont need to prepare myself in any way. I don't have to belive in anything like god, or pray or live in an special way.

Just enjoy life and dont think about death, whenever it comes to you you can't change it anyways
>>
File: 1464152587815.jpg (13 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
1464152587815.jpg
13 KB, 337x450
>>686291342
If thinking about how it felt to have not been born yet doesn't make you anxious or bother you, then death shouldn't either. Simple as that.
>>
>>686300269

>it's just a place where everyone can say anything they want

That's exactely what I like about this place aswell.

>You could say people are just shitty, but oh well.

I like you. Where are you from?

>>686300176
But you can try to keep it down. I know it's not possible to convert noone, but you can try not to rub it in everyones face.
>>
>>686299743
If one day you're trying zazen again. Just sit in the present moment . Enjoy the moment as it is. Do not like or dislike , just enjoy . You'll be fine. Enjoy your life friend .
>>
>>686300350
>>686300501
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

>>686300320
Well why does spending your life devoting yourself to the afterlife makes less sense? As I said, there's no proof if there's an afterlife just as there is no proof that there isn't. Ultimately, in a cosmic sense, everything is meaningless until we die and find out. But that's missing the point. What matters is the meaning to you, not to the universe. In a universe where nothing makes sense, your "own meaning" is the only sense there needs to be.

>>686300736
Thank you. Germany.

>>686300748
I will try.
>>
>>686291342
Death happens. It sucks Man. But some day you die. There is nothing yiu can do about it. You just have to accept it. Thats why you should try to enjoy life to fullest.
>>
>>686291342
I realized i will die with the age of ~12. I thinked about it, had some weeks nightmares and then I accepted it. Deal with it
>>
>>686300850
>Thank you. Germany.
oh, me too.

your posts are golden. I hope I see them more often.
>>
>>686300269
>>686300736

it's hard. we want to convert because we genuinely don't want people to die (hell). it's the same way how buddhists try to enlighten others, because they don't want them to reincarnate as a bug.

but i do agree that if there are less effective techniques, like brute force or door-to-door, that is off-putting. we do try to be more discreet and intimate and personal with trying to convert. it's not about numbers, after all.
>>
>>686300850
The question is not about whether or not there is life after death. The question is exactly about doubts . Life is unique, it can not be worn with the promise of a future. There is only now. Life has its meaning based on after death, but in the present. And it only matters the meaning you give to it , however does not mean that there are no "bad meanings".
>>
>>686291342
i had the same thinking and reactions.

what did u feel when u weren't born?
are there feelings
there was nothing.

u will be the same before u were born.
so chill and stfu.

the live is a game and if u are dead there's nothing.

like before ur birth.

u didn't feel none before and u won`t feel none after.
>>
>>686291342
Worry about it when it's time.

When it's time, you won't worry. Your body goes through physiological changes and you'll be ready when the time comes.
>>
>>686301430

And yet, strangely (or perhaps not), joining a religion (at least one of the major ones) always boils down to obeying a bunch of guys in funny clothes who need my money every week and exhibit a great interest in where my dick goes.
>>
File: scm_chart.gif (6 KB, 349x181) Image search: [Google]
scm_chart.gif
6 KB, 349x181
>>686291342
Just understand that life is only the physical part of the human experience. Our consciousness recycles into a more sutible for current life form. Kind of like evolution for our minds if that makes sense. Yet the only way to progress, with our minds we need to strive to push forward and better ourselves not individually but as a whole. So suicide only "resets" your consciousness but its a gamble at that since you're recycled with so many others. Animals have a form of consciousness that is a obviously a primitive version of our own. Just remember life and death are inevitable you cant destroy energy and you are made up of energy your thoughts are made of energy. Goodluck try to keep sane.
>>
>>686301268
Thanks anon <3 Aus welchem Teil Deutschlands kommst du?

>>686301430
Yup. Not about numbers, but about happiness.

>>686301441
Every meaning that hurts people more than it comforts them is bad, I agree with that. "Churches" like Scientology, Heaven's Gate or the People's Temple do/did more harm than good, because they try/tried to force feed meaning into people's life by fear. But if someone chooses to believe in an afterlife to be able to live better IN THE MOMENT, what is wrong with that?
>>
>>686301430
In fact not all Buddhists are reincarnationists . In fact we do not believe in a separate self that reincarnates or live forever . We believe in " recycling " or rebirth . And no Buddhist will try to convert you or something .
>>
>>686301808
then maybe you should not go for a major religion. Ultimately it's your life that matters, so following your own beliefs might be the right choice.

>>686301866
Bayern, nahe München. Du?
>>
>>686291342
I actually like. the idea that it could be over at any given moment. Makes me feel less shitty since, if you think about it, this everything I do has less meaning in big picture.
Also I dont feel trapped in life like I once did. I got peace out just now, but for some reason I dont. Probably a shitty life is worth living after all.
>>
>>686301843
You give your existence too much credit. You some kind of narcissus?
>>
>>686291342
take away a man's friends, his family, his clothes, his heart, and leave nothing but himself, for most that is not pleasant company
>>
>>686291342
hello,OP,i have cancer of the pancreas.at most i have 3 years left.stop thinking about it..it wiil consume your thoughts and eventually make you unhealthy..just live your life and be happy for everything you have.and try to get whatever you dont have,that you want..
>>
>>686302150
>so following your own beliefs might be the right choice.

I've already made my choice and I'm happy with it. I was making a general statement about major organized religion(s)
>>
>>686301866
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but...will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

It's not about being wrong. It's about the opportunity that is lost.
>>
>>686301843
Consciousness isn't something that can be primitive or advanced. It's the brains in different organisms that determines intelligence and capacity for complexity. Consciousness is universal, no different levels, something is either conscious or it isn't.
>>
File: 1445324646919.jpg (538 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1445324646919.jpg
538 KB, 960x720
It makes me nervous yeah. I don't know how I'm gonna go but I want it to be quick. Fuck that wasting away in a hospital bed shit.

Of course I get anxious about death. When I die do I see nothing but black? Is it like an eternal sleep? What if I get stuck in a nightmare. God forbid religion turns out to be true and I go to hell.

You can live with the knowledge that you're going to die sure but anyone who says it doesn't scare them is flat out lying.
>>
>>686302150
Bayern, nahe Nürnberg. Kleine Welt...

>>686302207
There is no such thing as a "shitty life". Life is what you make out of it. In our western societies, where we got used to having so incredibly much, we tend to forget what struggles there really are. In most western countries, you can't starve anymore (because of social safety nets, unemployment benefits and what not). We are born into the wonderland, where we can buy shiny things and never have to fear real dangers. But, oh wonder, apparently being filthy rich is not everything there is to life. So we make up problems.
>>
>>686302709
>Is it like an eternal sleep?

It's like before you were born. Do you remember anything from that time?

Yeah, that's what death is like again.
>>
>>686302709
It's the same as before you were alive
>>
>>686302709
You are right, as I said in the beginning, my lack of fear of death might stem from my young age. I guess everyone gets scared the nearer he gets to the end. But still, there are a lot of ways to conquer fear.

>>686302974
How can you know? You have no proof for that.
>>
>>686301866
Plot twist. I'm both the "against life afterlife" guy and the Zen practitioner.
>>
File: Worldleaders.jpg (78 KB, 400x597) Image search: [Google]
Worldleaders.jpg
78 KB, 400x597
>>686302301
Not really, im not saying we are the pinnacle of existence. Im saying we are beyond animals and we have this ability to discuss and ask direct questions about other things. If you can believe in Darwins theory of evolution, then why can't you believe the mind and consciousness would evolve as well?
>>
>>686302661
Do you believe the theiry of biological evolution?
>>
>>686291747
>10-30 years later nobody will remember you.
YOU Wish
>>
>>686303526
Because there is zero evidence that supports your theory unlike evolution
>>
>>686291342
I crave for her sweet relief every day.
>>
I am not really afraid of death itself, but of the concept of infinity. If there is some form of life after death, it will probably last forever... and ever... and ever...

Being reincarnated is similar, because you continue to travel along the path of time.

I hope that it's either nothingness.. you die and it's over, there is nothing after that, no eternal dream, nothing.

Or go back to the beginning, and start your life again. Of course without know that this is your nth life.
>>
I think that when Im old as fuck I wouldn't care to be honest.
>>
sometimes when I think I'm finally ganna die I get excited and happy but then I just get bored and angry when it doesn't happen.
>>
>>686304309
And now? And tomorrow?
>>
>>686304266
what's the problem with being infinitly?
>>
>>686303914
Yeh, why?
>>
>>686291342
Until im dead im alive, when im dead i wont give a shit.
>>
>>686304800
Can´t argue with that logic
>>
>>686303524
shieeeeeet

>>686303526
True, people do undoubtedly have a higher state of consciousness than most other animals, but that doesn't mean that we are special in some cosmic way. Compare your house/flat to the magnitude of the observable universe. It is an insignificant speck. And inside this speck or some other specks you move an insignificant distance to several times you spend your life. Concerning this, your proof for humans consist of energy becomes insignificant as well. Just as insignificant as any proof for people not consisting of energy.
>>
I can say it doesn't bother me, but I've been on this cusp of death various times for it to incite horror in me.
I think most people who say it's inconsequential are intellectualizing the subject from a comfortable vantage point.
>>
>>686304582
The fact that you enjoy life enough to even ask that makes me hate you
>>
>>686304582
Death is natural. Afterlife is fear.
>>
>>686304553
Right now I don't care either. I used to care about death when I was like 11, the thought of not been alive to see the future and that I will stop existing fucked with me, hard. But not anymore
>>
>>686304582

Because there is no end. I don't think the human mind can really grasp "infinity". When we think of infinity we think "yeah it's probably a really really really long time". But even a really really really long time seems like less than a nanosecond when compared to an infinite amount of time.
>>
>>686304968
hate away. I have a physical depression, I cannot be happy for prolonged periods. Eternal sadness isn't that bad once you learn to live with it. So how bad can it be?

>>686305011
please explain why. I am very interested in that topic.

>>686305255
this is correct. and? I think if you are eternal you will learn how to live with it.
>>
>>686291747
Unless you die a serial killer, in which case you'll be remembered forever.
If you pussy out and an hero you'll probably be forgotten in a few years
>>
>>686304911
Being softer, I really think that attachment to eternal life is harmful to live a full life. Clinging the uncertainties of life cause unnecessary suffering. Subjugate cultures through conversion also causes suffering. Answer the deaths of family members with "a better place" is an illusion, which causes suffering. Life and death are the same. Brothers.

Accept life as it is, makes room for growth and happiness.
>>
>>686305591

Of course you will. Like most fears, there is no real reason behind this one. It's just that I'm afraid of the unknown. "What is it like to probably do nothing and everything during an eternal amount of time without your human shell".

Won't it get boring one day? And if it does, how can I end it? Unlike actual life, you probably cannot end it. You are trapped in eternity.
>>
>>686304084
Hmm... so you say, animals haven't shown any signs of improved intelligence and or awareness through the entire theory of evolution from a blob of goop to us humans?
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 9

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.