Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Hey /b/ros, Any words of advice or wisdom for an Army hopeful?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 225x225
Hey /b/ros,
Any words of advice or wisdom for an Army hopeful?
>pic related
>>
File: 220px-Bioniclemask.jpg (18 KB, 220x308) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bioniclemask.jpg
18 KB, 220x308
Gain military strats from this training film
>>
>>685681909
>for and army hopeful
>what is grammar

you're right where you belong, anon
canon fodder while we fuck your gf
>>
try not to murder anyone

it wont make you a hero, just spark more fire
>>
>>685682189
I love you anon
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 510x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 510x645
>>685682312
In what fucking thread does it say and?
I think you misread.
>>
>>685682843
oh and autism too I see? typo's mess with your brain a bit eh champ? the sentence still doesn't make any sense
>>
Armyfag here, don't do it. Join the Air Force instead.
>>
>>685681909
Former 13M (HIMARS Crewmeber) Army National Guard. It has its pros and cons. A lot of cons. When I got recruited back in 08 I was told the army national guard doesn't deploy except for like natural disasters and civil disturbances which in my state both are highly unlikely. A year later I deployed to Iraq as a machine gunner in an MRAP turret, which was not even remotely close to my military specialty. I did make bank from deployment at Annual Training sessions and get wicked drink and partied after training day. Also have a sick civilian job because of experience . But being ordered around is gay, the people above you are normally incompentent, and you'll just end up in some shithole fighting for some bullshit cause since America goes to war every 10 years or so. I heard regular active army sucks but the parties and debachuery is awesome. Go ask a soldier in person.
>>
>>685681909
don't waste your money and start applying for government jobs, you're gonna need it when you get out, check out customs, tsa, USPS etc. once you get in, start applying for FBI, CIA, secret service etc. also get your degree if you don't have it yet, and put at least 10% in to your TSP. do this shit and you'll be set for life
>>
>>685683224
Literally I just cropped the word 'for'.
I'm fairly certain
'Any words of advice or wisdom for an Army hopeful?' Is a logically flowing sentence.
>>
>>685683552
>/thread

Dont waste all your pay check the night you get it like i did... great memories though
>>
I was a Army grunt for 5 years. I have nothing to do for the next 20min. Ask questions
>>
>>685683391
They're the only branch that will take me
>>685683516
I've spoken to a guy in the Air Force, one in the national guard, and my recruiter (obviously). I can't really seem to meet people who have been in active duty.
>>685683552
I have a year of college as a Comp-sci major. I don't think school is right for me though.
>>
File: 2015-11-17 10.01.09.jpg (353 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17 10.01.09.jpg
353 KB, 1200x1600
>>685684071
ask a ParaCdo anything
>>
File: IMG_20160520_063830.jpg (443 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160520_063830.jpg
443 KB, 1440x2560
>>685684143
Army fag here, took this a couple days ago, dont do it
>>
>>685684143
>i dont think school is right for me
even a better reason to start applying, at CBP you can make 80k a year with no education, it's not amazing but it will get you through life with money to fuck around with, there's lots of other shit you can do depending on your exp in the army too
>>
>>685684143
You're better off going to school and applying for a government job in my opinion but, if you're dead set on joining then don't be a dumbass and pick a deadend MOS that won't do jack shit for you once you get out. Pick a cushy office job that will benefit you in the future; admin, intel, comms, etc.
>>
>>685684529

>at CBP you can make $80k a year with no education or experience

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>685684071
How bad is BCT? Mostly I'm just wondering how throughly I should be prepared for it.
Is it worth the pay?
What's combat like, if you've seen any?
What was your MOS?
How long were you deployed for, if you hold vet status?
What was MEPS like?
>>685684272
My question would be what is a ParaCdo? Nice abs by the way.
>>685684396
I literally don't know what the fuck else to do. I'm smart, yet have no direction or desire to do anything right now.
>>
>>685684733
whats funny about that?
>>
>>685684711
I'm guessing laundry technician is a job I shouldn't take huh?

But seriously any field-orientated MOS that you actually need some intelligence to do? I'm not really interested in a cushy office job.
>>
>>685684821
Im the one with the picture of my middle finger, dude basic training is easy as fuck, the only thing i hate is the "new army" you get things get "counseling statements" where its a piece of paper that says you did something bad and you sign it. You need 5 to get recomended to get chaptered out (kicked out). I got one for leaving my locker open in ait
>>
>>685684821
ParaCommando. Commando units that have airborne capabilities. different nations have different names for them I believe. elite combat units. and now my buddies (I got out 2 years ago, entrepreneur now) are guarding the streets of Brussels and securing Belgian prisons because strikes. highly trained combatants in a fucking babysitting job. I'm glad I went out before that started. still have 4 years active combat experience though, 3 abroad deployments and 4 abroad long training sessions all in EU or Africa.
>>
>>685685287
Also the nco's can give a fuck about you, all they care about is making e-7
>>
>>685684821

firstly, why did you say the Army is the only branch that will take you?

>How bad is BCT? Mostly I'm just wondering how throughly I should be prepared for it.

I went through 14 weeks of Infantry OSUT. So my basic training was 14 continuous weeks. It sucked dick when I was going through it. But once you have been in a few years and look back, it wasn't that bad.

>Is it worth the pay?

Don't join the military expecting to make money

>What's combat like, if you've seen any?

I went to Afghanistan toward the end of the war, I didn't see a whole lot, mostly just IEDs.

>What was your MOS?

I was a Infantryman (grunt)

>How long were you deployed for, if you hold vet status?

I was deployed for 1 year. yes, I have 5 point veteran preference for Fed jobs. Although it hasn't done jack shit for me since I've been out
>>
>>685685178

I know that CBP Officers and BP Agents don't make jack shit. starting is $39-45k/yr out in the desert. He'd have to have some really specialized experience like being a pilot to get $80k/yr
>>
>>685685233
Intelligence is subjective. Guys in combat arms are smart in certain things just like guys in desk jobs are smart are certain things. I'd highly advise not going combat arms though cause a flashy MOS like infantry sounds great right now, but after a couple years your body will betray you and you'll realize that everything you learned in that MOS won't do shit for you in the civilian world.
>>
>>685686131
intelligence is subjective
>what is IQ
>>
>>685686206
A measure of how good you are at taking test...
>>
>>685685287
Ill keep that in mind, thanks.
>>685685501
Well, I'm a tranny, and I'm on hormones. Navy/AF told me I can't be on any meds for two years prior to enlistment. At least with the Army I can [apparently] get a waiver for them.
>>685686131
So it's not worth it in the long run? And I want implying that foot soldiers were stupid, I really don't believe that at all.
Probably shouldn't fuck myself over for the civilian world then.
>>
>>685686206
that's what people say that score bad at those tests.
>>
>>685686765
meant for >>685686519
>>
active here

dont do it. trust me
>>
>>685686602
Do as you please, but I'd highly advise picking an MOS that will help you in the civilian world cause most people don't make it to 20.
>>
>>685686987
Why not?
>>685687153
I'll take your word for it. I'm not really sure where I wanna go with my life, right now I don't want to live past 40. Is there a safe MOS you reccomend in particular?
>>
>>685686816
I can't say I got a great score (123) but, then again I can't say I got a terrible one either.
>>
>>685687660
I'm an intel weenie and I absolutely love it. If you got the scores for it then I'd suggest that.
>>
always ALWAYS secure your shit.

go officer or air force.
don't buy into the "who is tougher" BS, even the most hardcore motherfucker specops I met regrets busting his back and knees for a shitty pension and little to no prospects when the army spits him out.

lookout for your own interest, NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER.

take your time, don't get bullied into anything and don't assume something is going to be fair and balanced (services, contracts, resource dispersal etc)

take what you can when you can, hoard gear and equipment, ammo and food when you can without hurting the overall effort, if there's a surplus, secure that shit and put it away.

2 is 1, 1 is none

don't bitch about anything, just remember what not to do to get pulled into the suck.

if someone fucks up, you find a moment to kick their fucking ass, the DS will tell you not to, blah blah blah, you beat their ass.

apply for every single program and rebate you can, ask every career counselor and DEROS center you can get to about perks and specials for service members, invest your shit (savings plans etc, you pay into it and forget it exists besides the payments, make an alltment right away, you WILL blow all your shit, make it your "I don't touch it until I'm out fund"
>>
>>685687673
tested 3 times, once as kid twice in highschool when I was 14 and 17. 153 on average. I did have some personality disorder (ODD) as a result but overall often I'm the one that always flashes with the problem solving skill and logical reasoning. I'm content with it.
>>
>>685686602

>Well, I'm a tranny, and I'm on hormones. Navy/AF told me I can't be on any meds for two years prior to enlistment. At least with the Army I can [apparently] get a waiver for them

Don't join the military. Seriously.
>>
>>685688085
That's great /b/ro, I'm content with my score as well.
>>
>>685688085
>>685687673
allow me to instantly clarify that I was tested by 2 different psychologists, one of which was a professor in my homecity of Leuven. the tests happened as a result of my weird behavior as a kid
>>
>>685681909
Go coast guard instead and actually do things that help America instead of the military industrial complex and Israel
>>
>>685687660
I'm going to bed. Good luck OP.
>>
>>685687660
getting treated like youre 12 isnt worth it.

What MOS were you looking at?
>>
>>685686602
>I'm a tranny

So stop being a tranny. It's in your head, it isn't fucking real.
>>
keep your stuff simple and practical, have a purpose in mind, all your fancy shit will get ruined in the moves or fucking stolen by your buddies.

you will make bros you can trust with your life, but not your money or your wife. just the way it is.

your gf/bf WILL fuck jodie, I don't understand your love, your ove is not like others blah blah blah STFU, they will be on all fours getting pounded.
have your fun and do NOT get married or commit to anyone until you're out

get the cushiest, easiest assignment you can grab, NO ONE will recognize your efforts, if you actually want to climb the ladder you have to be the biggest loudest self aggrandizing kissass you can possibly imagine
>>
Wanna be a pawn in a chess game?
>>
>>685688213
I heard the DoD was changing things to accomadate trans people.

If not I'd be going in as a man and basically not being a chick for awhile.

>>685688027
Good fuckin advice, thanks mate.
>>685688443
I will definitely look into that.
>>
>>685688850
maybe, but it is real fucking.
>>
>>685681909
Join and get a good MOS in Air Defense Artillery. If you're smart, get in the 14 series, as an 14E or 14H, but if you just want money, like me, be a 14T. I got a $25,000 bonus, joined as an E-2, and honestly the shits easy.
>>
>>685686519
When will the "IQ tests only measure your test taking ability" meme die? There's a small nugget of truth to that but for the most part it accurately tests deductive reasoning, pattern recognition, logical reasoning skills, etc.
>>
>>685688085
You belong in r/iamverysmart friendo!
>>
>>685689013

just know you're going to be naked around other men, a lot. if you have like legit tits from hormones, expect to get treated differently.
>>
>>685689298
no I like it here between the plebs :)
>>
>>685681909
Make a better choice than selling your soul to the government. I guess, just realize that they're taking advantage of you. It's why they advertise to young people who will take a plunge.
If you do still enlist then at least take the least dangerous, easiest, and highest paying job offered. No one gives a shit if you do infantry, no one gives a shit if you're a trombone player either. Do whatever you can to ensure the success of yourself. And get ready to deal with a lot of insecure bravado because it's rampant in the army and marines.
>>
>>685688943
I wouldn't expect anything less of an SO. Kissing ass is a specialty of mine.
>>685689117
Will keep this MOS in mind. Thanks!
>>685689498
There's a shadow under them yeah, they're noticeable.

Although I heard ya can't take meds in BCT anyway so hypothetically I'd look just as mannish as every other recruit because hormones don't have lasting effects.
>>
I was an 11B (infantry) and was in for two years before getting a medical discharge. The main thing you have to remember is everybody's experience is different, but it is pretty lousy for most people all around. A major reason is that the people that stay in the army long term and the ones who are too incompetent to work regular jobs. Also, there's a culture of machismo that kind of permeates everything and it gets unbearably annoying. Here's the main things I would say I learned:

1. Basic is different from OSUT. Basic is for the guys who take regular army jobs. Your job will be way cooler than mine was because infantry doesn't do anything in the garrison since we have no translatable job skills (untrue of medics, MPs, and etc.).

This being said, it's not that hard and it'll be over pretty quickly. Just try to always remain somewhere in the middle, don't be the slowest guy, don't get into fights, don't be the guy everyone gets mad at, and you might actually have a good time. You're going to meet some interesting people.

2. Pick a job that has translatable job skills so that you don't have be like my stupid ass going back to for education for the second time since infantry doesn't translate into anything useful and a bachelors degree in psychology is equally worthless.

3. Go to sick call when you get injured. That way there's a record of your injuries in the case that things get worse when you're a civilian so you can file for disability.

5. The girls in the military have higher rates of STDs then the general population because there is such a low ratio of girls to guys, so be careful who you're fucking and wear a condom.

6. Don't rush into getting married. You'll make more money, but it won't be worth it when you get your divorce.

7. Don't buy into the messages of the Army. You're part of something bigger than yourself and it will likely made demands of you that will make you mature, but don't become brainwashed into the nationalism.

DON'T DRIVE DRUNK!
>>
>>685689591
I guess I just think being a pawn is some kind of purpose to live? Which I don't have right now.
So everyone's trying to out-man one another?
>>
>>685690071
Fuck an old mans war
>>
>>685686206

Such a pretentious dickface.

IQ is an old model that wasn't created to see how "smart" someone is. It's good for identifying deficits and aptitudes. People get wrapped up in it, but there are many different kinds of intelligence.
>>
>>685689818
Won't have to worry about fuckin with girls, but everything else here looks like great advice. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>685686602

>Well, I'm a tranny, and I'm on hormones. Navy/AF told me I can't be on any meds for two years prior to enlistment. At least with the Army I can [apparently] get a waiver for them.

No offense, but I think the people responding to this thread haven't seen this part.

Do not join the army. You won't have a good time.

The army is like a giant highschool, except the ratio is 90% jocks to everyone else. If you're showing up there transgender based off of a recruiter's promise that it'll be okay, you're making a fucking mistake.
>>
>>685690071
Typically yes, not sure about army but in the marines there's definitely an atmosphere of "we are killing machines, we're tough guys, don't be a pussy" which leads to guys trying to prove their worth especially in combat roles. It tends to wane over time as they come back down to earth and may be less common in technical fields
>>
>>685689737

Dude, don't try to change what you are. What you ALWAYS will be. Regardless what you do to yourself. Your DNA is male.

Just accept what you are. Drive through and be successful.
>>
>>685690408
I guess. I definitely won't get invested in it, like mentally at least. Nationalism is a load of shit.
>>
>>685690525

Like I said, I was MOS11B for two years. Ask me anything while I'm still here.

In fact, if you wanted to talk on the phone about it, you can email me and I'll chat with you. Maybe even skype.

No homo though.
>>
>>685686602
>Tranny

Don't join the military. It will be a VERY unfriendly environment for you.
And if you do, especially don't join any kind of of field/combat type MOS. Those will be dangerously unfriendly for you. Seriously.
>>
>>685690718

The Army is the same way, but it's more so in Combat MOS. in Infantry you continuously have to prove your worth. My squad leader told us one time, "you have to keep earning the right to wear that Blue Cord on your shoulder every day you're in the Infantry"
>>
>>685691074

This is a fact OP. This is very real
>>
>>685690633
>The army is a giant high school, except the ratio is 90% jocks to everyone else
Fucking truest statement in the thread.

And hold on my nigga OP ARE YOU TRANSGENDER? You will have a hard time in the armed forces. How far along are you? If you can't pass as a female, you'd be fucking up to join as a male. The recruiter doesn't know shit. The recruiter is blowing smoke up your ass to get you to join so he can get his commission.
The army has a real nice bureacracy where you can't get shit taken care of if the superior guy doesn't like you.
>>
>>685691151

This is so true. Another older 11B here.

The thing is that the Infantry runs on pride because that's all you'll have. I've had friends die. I got out and couldn't find a job. I've had the president cut my GI Bill. I had the army try to fuck me out of my school benefits (that I paid into). I had the VA fuck me over when filing for disability. I've had the government swear up and down they'd get me an interview after college, only to find I was unemployed for like two years.

My point here isn't to pretend that I'm entitled to anything because I'm a vet, the point is that you're promised all those things and they almost never follow through - so all you have to fall back on is "WELL MY BALLS ARE SO GREAT BECAUSE I WAS INFANTRY."

And honestly, a lot of the infantry guys I met were fucking pussies.
>>
>>685683391
I concur. As An army vet, 35q, join Air Force or coast guard
>>
Keep your nose to the grindstone and don"t give up. Good luck OP.
>>
>>685683391
>>685691678
Thirding this to join AF or coast guard. Use your smart brain OP, don't sell it out and become a mule.
>>
>>685691954
Dont sell out and join thearmed forces
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 960x960
>>685690633
I could honestly a glint of "Holy shit in ruining her life" in his eyes, not gonna lie. Would be a real big fuckin mistake but it wouldn't be the first one I've made.
>>685691052
Not a homo, just a tranny
>>685690797
Yeah I'm more than certain I'll be invalidated and brainwashed a million times over if I have the nerve to go in as a man.
>>685691480
With effort I could pass. See below.
>>
>>685681909
As a former 97E/35M, join the Air Force instead if you want to serve,
>>
>>685692082
The first sentence of my first post said to do something other than "sell your soul to the government" so I agree but OP should be aware of all advice and options
>>
>>685691678
>>685691954
I stated earlier they wouldn't take me. I'm trans.
>>
OP see this thread

>>>/k/30009553
>>
>>685692130

So skype me and I'll tell you all about it.

Do you have skype?
>>
>>685691533
That's some bullshit then. You should get what you were promised.
>>
>>685692130

>go in as a man

YOU ARE A MAN
>>
>>685692604
Enough of this trans argument shit and let's focus on OP's life here for just one second. It's probably not a good idea to join as a man given OPs status.
>>
File: 1463719916447.jpg (955 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1463719916447.jpg
955 KB, 1000x1500
>>685681909
Whatever you do OP, don't quit/give up during Basic or AIT. I know it'll be rough, and your life will be changing quickly (the realization that people's lives will depend on your actions, for example), but DO NOT give up. There's nothing out here in the Civilian World, and the military's going to coddle you until you either fuck up and get kicked out, or you retire. Stay in for as long as you can, make rank, and do your job.

//don't be like me
>>
>>685692600

Vets never get what we're promised. That's why most of the homeless population in the US are veterans.

I graduated high school early, went to college, left without finishing a degree, joined the military, honorable discharge, got accepted to a mini-ivy, told that they didn't want me because I was a veteran ("We don't even have people who handle the GI Bill at this establishment. I think a state school would be more your price."), declared two majors and a minor at a state school, cum laude honors/officer in three clubs/ president's commission on gender/ all this prestigious bullshit nobody cares about, was unemployed for two years (couldn't even find a job waiting tables), finally got a job at a hotel cleaning toilets, got accepted into a programming boot camp that boasts of 98% job placement on a full scholarship
>>
>>685692824

>let's focus on OP's life

That's exactly what I'm saying! The military is all about masculinity. If OP thinks he's a girl, he's I for a VERY rough time. Not only that, but he's not going to click in male dominated groups. Regardless of his MOS. he's going to be in a hell of a time being accepted. Hell, even if he was able to join as a chick. Do you honestly think that the females in his platoon would want to shower butt ass naked with a person with a penis? They are not going to give him a special shower. He WILL be in very close quarters with people butt ass naked. No way around that.
>>
>>685692864

I think this is bad advice.

The civilian world has something the military doesn't - the right to be treated like an adult. There are opportunities out there, it's just that the job market is unforgiving and insanely competitive. Like the president said, "Just getting by is the new American dream."

There's still a way though. One of the army's major tactics is trying to scare people into believing there's no jobs out there when you get out. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>685693228

This is the old 11B. I hate to rain on everyone's parade and don't want to get into the transgender argument, but this is absolutely correct. He's going to get is fucking ass kicked, be ridiculed, mercilessly bullied, and possibly killed.

I'm not exaggerating. They feed on weakness and feed on difference. You don't want this.

Seriously, Skype me OP /b/rother. We can talk about this.
>>
File: 1448560461625.png (148 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1448560461625.png
148 KB, 600x900
>>685689580
>implying this mongolian manscaping anonymous image macro board is for plebs
UUUU
>>
>>685693432

>One of the army's major tactics is trying to scare people into believing there's no jobs out there when you get out. Don't fall for it.
They weren't lying. The job market is shit. There really isn't many jobs
>>
>>685693116
>13D
>went to kabul
>Later nat guard 68W
>works at lenscrafters.
>use post 9/11 to go to school for optician licensce
>optician
>mfw wasted my 20s
The financial aid is nice, I guess.
>>
>>685693432
>treated like an adult
Yeah, *after* you get the (hypothetical) job and some seniority. Until then, employers will look down on you and treat you like dirt, even if they hire you.

If I could do it all again, I'd have stayed in the first time, in the Air Force...or, depending on how far back I could go, I'd push even harder to have gotten into the Navy from the start. I literally (verbally) fought/argued with my AF recruiter every time my parents took me to him, outright telling him I didn't want to be in, and would much rather go next door to the Navy (which did happen once). And yet, I still got into the AF, and washed out less than 2 months later. I regret everything I've done since, pretty much.

Didn't really have a choice in the matter anyway.
>>
>>685693751

They are lying. The job market sucks and it's highly competitive, but there are better options than literally selling yourself to the government to be their property. Even if you're making significantly less money, at least it's your own life.
>>
>>685690633
Why are you so concerned anon? U jst hav 2 bee urslf ;)
>>
>>685692593
Yeah, I have one. My skype name is CordialRookers.>
>685692824
Never thought I'd see a comment like this on /b/. Highly appreciated, anon. I'm not asking for trans validation or any of that bullshit. Just as a rule of thumb it would be psychologically jarring to try and force myself to be hyper masculine again. Also my name is legally changed so how fucked would that be? Being addressed as sir with a clearly feminine name.
>>685693116
I'm right about where you were, holy shit if that's my future
>>685693228
From what I understand they're going to accomadate trans people (segregation? I'm not sure how it will work. Tbh I don't want to be with girls, I know I'd creep them out.
Ideally I'd be able to stay on hormones and just be considered a guy. I'm more than okay with that. I just don't want to become a fuckin hon.
>>
>>685693957

no they are not lying, my nigga. I did 5 years in the military. I'm full Civ now and the job market is shit. Sometimes I wish I just had stayed in and reclassed my MOS. I probably would have gotten 2 more deployments if I had stayed in. Fucking shit
>>
>>685693660
What's your skype?
>>
>>685693934
>treated like an adult
>Yeah, *after* you get the (hypothetical) job and some seniority. Until then, employers will look down on you and treat you like dirt, even if they hire you.

No, I'm not even talking about in the job world. I'm talking about in general. You don't have to ask for permission to be within 50 miles of your house. You are allowed to exercise your right to criticize military decisions. You don't get penalized or get your pay taken away for getting sunburned or getting an STD. You don't have to ask for permission to get married or publish books.

These are all things that are fundamentally not available to you if you stay in the service. I don't dispute that employers typically look down on new hires and entry level jobs, but that typically dissipates as your work becomes more skilled or the employee becomes less replaceable. They'll treat you like shit at McDonalds because you're really replaceable. Generally they don't treat computer programmers, professors, and engineers as shitty.

Seriously, don't buy into the hype.
>>
>>685694086
You'll need to work out, a lot. And build muscle. Is that going to cause problems for you, will the hormones affect muscle growth?
Have you done fitness challenges yet? You have to be able to pass PFT.
>>
>>685694440
shawn.brev
>>
>>685694086

>accommodate trans people

They said they are looking to see if it's even possible. Look, the military is very real. If your unit gets sent over somewhere you're probably not gonna going to have shit. You can't expect a special shower, special barracks, special everything. They will expect for you to act like a man and be exactly like every other man in your platoon. That's the point of basic training, the shaving of heads and everything. It's to show that you all are the same. But you, you're trying to be something different. As the fellow 11B said, "being a individual" is highly criticized. Highly unwelcome. you literally have to prove your worth everyday.

I'm not trying to talk down to you or degrade you. I'm giving you a legit warning that joining the military is going to be very bad for you.
>>
>>685694684
I'm in rather good shape.
It's not much harder to build muscle for me personally.
>>
>>685694252

They are lying.

It's not a lie that the job market is shit.

It is a lie that it's impossible to succeed outside of the military, which is what they tell you.
>>
>>685694502
Yeah, I get what you mean. I mean *sometimes,* I like the fact that I washed out, because I can do just about *anything* I want, any time I want.

But it's mostly the lack of structure that I hate. The never really knowing what to expect, not knowing if you'll be able to eat next week, having to "get in the know" to survive out here, and if you don't know anyone or weren't smart enough to be an engineer or Computer Scientist...you're pretty much fucked with no condom or lube. Try as you might to do the right thing, you'll be living paycheck to paycheck, having to pay for something to be repaired, replaced, or whatever any time you THINK you've got some money saved. Not to mention the feeling of not being able to measure up to one's parents or other relatives who served.

If you told me I'd be able to go back in time and change everything if I died now, I'd shoot myself in the head with the nearest gun. Preferably suicide by cop. My parents know very little about how the world works outside of the military, but lucky for them, they don't have to; they have their retirement checks from their service.
>>
>>685695125

It's not impossible. It's just really hard
>>
>>685681909
im in the army and i havent worked out in months bro its pretty cool tbh. im aviation so i dont know what pogs and the foot soldiers do usually. im 3 years in and so far im milking this shit i already paid off one of my cars and i soon to be married and milking more money. shit is easy, but annoying. learn to cook and skate when you can, and know how too
>>
>>685695668

What country are you from?
>>
Navyfag with 8 years in here.

Don't do it. Go to college.
>>
File: nzQqhBz.png (220 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
nzQqhBz.png
220 KB, 500x382
>>685696121
america my friend
>>
>>685695668
>>685697052

Then you're full of shit.

Because there is no way you've skipped PT for a month unless you're broke dick.

And you refered to "POGS and other foot soldiers"

You're a fucking pog. and you're full of shit if you say "I don't know what other foot soldiers do"
>>
future 68w or 35m army fag here, any advice as to which one i should do and im planning to do 2 or 4 years of college while in. not too sure about what i would do after my contract is finished
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.