Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

What do you think happens when you die?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7
What do you think happens when you die?
>>
>>684339221
your consciousness finds a new host
>>
shit keeps moving
>>
>>684339717
Literally This
>>
elaborate?
>>
I think we're all part of one bigger conciousness that projects itself into individual bodies in this world.

When we die, we stop existing as ourselves, but the higher concious remembers everything we learned/did when we re-join it.
>>
>>684340549
So, we're basically part of Demiurge?
>>
>>684340949

Basically, yeah.
>>
We die we move up the the good place heaven or down to hell. Most here will be in hell the good thing is most here love it in the ass. So they going to love the devil putting his cock in their asses
>>
>>684339221
like everything that happened before you were born, nothing.
>>
How do I deal with overwhelming obsession with existential issues, causing extreme anxiety and dysphoria in my life... Anyone? Happened after my gf broke up with me.
>>
>>684339221
You rot
>>
>>684342128
[italic] memento mori [/italic] bruh
>>
>>684339221
your debt is dissolved
>>
Can please someone just give me a (you) and say it's all gonna be OK.
>>
>>684339221
Cells that build up your brain, center of your personality turn off & die. Everything that person was, his personality, memories, dream will be lost forever as he dies with his body.

There is no greater power.
There is no "soul".

Humans are just very complex biological machines that can generate personality based on their experience. When they die they just die.
>>
I think that you go into your own personal heaven/hell. You choose what it will be like, like either a lucid dream or a nightmare.
If you go to "hell" its because of the consciousness of people you knew while you were living, whether they are alive or dead also. By that i mean if you will be tortured by your evil deeds in the next life. Not for eternity (since time is just something we made up so that our lives on earth make sense), but until you and your victims feel that you have learned your lesson. Then you level up, but not yet to your own personal heaven. You have to stay in limbo (i believe limbo is being a ghost on earth) until you have done enough penance to make up for the evil you did before.
Not all ghosts are in limbo because they were in hell before, many are stuck here because they refuse to let go, and/or are too afraid of the unknown.
If you are ready to cross over when you die, you might have an out of body experience first and get to check up on some things before you go. then once you feel ready, youre taken on something like a DMT trip, meet beings of higher consciousness (sorta like angels i guess), have a life review, and then live in your own personal heaven. You can visit or even merge heavens with friends/family who are also dead.
You can check up on earth a sometimes, but are only able to interact passively, which will mostly go unnoticed by the living.
I think that eventually you get bored of never having any conflict or challenges, so you meet with the "angels" and discuss reincarnating back to earth. Our mission in this life is to raise our level of consciousness as high as we can so that when we come back we will already be at an even higher level
>>
>>684343588
This basically
/thread
>>
>>684343588
>>684344111

Keep in mind it's very hard for the human brain to wrap it's head around 'not excisting'. The ego comes into play here and plays tricks on you.

terrifies the shit out of me to never excist again, but it's probably not that bad.
>>
>>684344550
existing*
>>
>>684342052
but how do you know that anon?
>>
File: 1439341114361.jpg (50 KB, 334x332) Image search: [Google]
1439341114361.jpg
50 KB, 334x332
We unplug from the simulation and then uh... who knows.
I kind of look forward to it.

>>684344097
So you think this process happens infinitely, or for a purpose? Until you get bored and press the reset button?
>>
File: 977.gif (670 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
977.gif
670 KB, 400x225
>>684344550
>>684344612
Damn would have to agree with you there, anon.
>>
>>684342610
It's all going to be fine bruh, you know why? Because you are the only person in the whole universe that can be the man that you are today, and in some way that's winning in life
>>
>>684339221

Whats lost when a person dies is information. All the atoms that make up a person still go on existing after they die. According to information theory information cannot be destroyed which might imply that whatever is lost when a person dies also goes on existing but is inaccessible.
>>
>>684343588
Are you me? Seriously.
>>
Usually one of two things:

God notices that you're without foreskin, thanks you for keeping his covenant and admits you entrance into the kingdom of heaven.

OR

God laughs at you for the sad looking, droopy bit of extra skin on the end of your pecker, flicks a smegma ball in your face and flushes you straight to hell for being a thankless, Godless, unhygienic faggot
>>
I personally think nothing. You're brain quits firing all those impulses between synapses and your consciousness ceases to be. And just like what you experienced before were ever concepted, you rest in peace in the abyss of nothingness.
>>
have i got a better chance of being frozen until there is a way to be immortal than there be an afterlife
>>
Having watched a family member have a stroke that resulted in brain surgery. That person basically begame a vegetable. Couple that with years of visiting my grandmother in a nursing home full of people with dementia, reinforced my atheistic beliefs.
>>
>>684344856
Not the guy you're responding too, but I don't think it's about *knowing* that there's nothing. It's just that there's no good reason to think otherwise.
>>
>>684339221
>What do you think happens when you die?
The world keeps turning.
Life goes on for everyone else.
Soon, you are forgotten.

>asking /b/ existential questions
>expecting they know anything that you don't
>???
>fucktard
>>
>>684346709
Concieved I mean
>>
>>684342610
it's all gonna be okay
>>
>>684339221
There's a funeral then they give away your stuff
>>
>>684346700
>Delusional fag detected
>>
>>684342610
Here's a (you) for ya, my /b/ro
>>
>>684347052
>gonna get a huge smegma ball flicked in his face when he dies
>>
>>684347268
I won't care I'll be dead.
>>
>>684346774
aye
>>
When you go to sleep, your mind has no sensory input, so it creates a reality for itself
While you're awake, it goes "Oh, this is easier, I don't have to worry about that dream stuff"
But when you lose your body, the effect is multiplied to infinity. Dreams become real
Dreams are a taste of the afterlife. Make sure they're good. Fix it if they're not
>>
>>684347571
shut up fag
>>
>>684347672
no u
>>
>>684347571
>Logic
=
>Emotions
What the hell???????
>>
>>684347429
Here's a fun fact:

Did you know smegma accumulates exponentially after one's death? In fact, it accumulates so quickly that morticians and funeral directors often have trouble closing the casket.
>>
>>684345318
me too, i cant wait to die

Hmm well the purpose of reincarnation is a totally different topic, which i'll try my best to summarize without getting too off topic

Basically we humans used to be at a much higher level of consciousness (think of Atlantis), we were psychic and could create things in the physical world just by thinking about them. We were the stewards of Earth, and Earth is the goddess which our lives depend on. This planet was like a living library of information which could be easily accessed by beings from other planets. It was a harmonious and peaceful place. Then the martians came in and took over because they destroyed their planet with war and pollution. The changed our DNA, which shrunk our pineal glad, and erased our memory of what Earth was before. They used us as slaves to mine materials for their space ships. They intoduced the concept of money, which is the root cause of all turmoil on our Earth now. They control us and the Earth by feeding off our negative emotions/thoughts. The "system" is what they have created to stay in power. Now all we care about is money. We've lost our way and are not fulfilling our purpose as a species.

so I believe that the reason we reincarnate is to come back to earth with a higher consciousness, so that we can raise our vibration and save our planet from the martians
>>
>>684344550
In my case it is harder to think about "greater power" than to think about brain being just a bunch of cells making humans personality.

Greater power even as a concept does not seem possible while brain being center of everything human is just seems right and makes sense.

You are still right and that's why people have created religions.

Currently only way for human or anything in that matter for excist after death is trough ideas, memories, beliefs, innovation and so on they left behind.
>>
Everything that humanity has ever accomplished beyond basic survival has been motivated by a fundamental and irreducible fear of non-existence. Our conception of self and self-esteem generally is simply a buffer against the anxiety that comes with recognizing that we will cease to be. Culture is just a massive shared delusion to mitigate our fear of the unknown and ultimately of death. Thus we want to imagine certain works of art as timeless or to place value in family lines and offspring, to project ourselves beyond death. We take comfort in our value systems and the structures that arise from them, whether that’s through conceptions of biological kinship, national/ political identity, religious faith, etc. This includes belief in the inherent value of ensuring the future of humanity through scientific progress. Indeed much of modern western life is devoted to the avoidance of death, the various euphemisms and stock phrases in mourning, the entire funeral home industry that serves to remove death from the ordinary course of life, from the home and onto the embalming table or into the crematorium. We build up the artifice to avoid the brutal reality. In short, everything that we’ve ever done and will ever do is motivated by nothing more than our existential terror in confronting death.
>>
>>684347861
Nice little fun fact there.
Again I won't care about this if I'm dead, faggot.
>>
>>684348308
fuck off jordan
>>
>>684339221
i know this one, you die.
>>
>>684347571
or maybe your waking life is the dream, and your dream world is reality. There's no way to prove that its not...when you're dreaming, everything feels just as real as when you're awake
>>
>>684347571
thruthish but neary
>>
>>684346700
>God notices that you're without foreskin

what if its Allah though ? Then your fucked if you've ever had a beer or a ham sandwich.
>>
Well, I think it depends on a lot of things. If you live a good life, you get reincarnated into a decent situation. If you live a terrible life in this life, I think you either get reborn into a nigger, chinese child laborer, a cow, or a polish jew in 1941.
>>
>>684348308
Do you actually believe that's true?
>>
>>684339221

Will have myself cyronically frozen. Technology advancement is exponential.

I will fight death with all the rage I have!

I dream to one day be able to transfer over to a computer of some kind and be able to explore the universe
>>
>>684349429
look up spirit science on youtube, it's literally this.
or better yet, don't.
>>
>>684349447
don't be stupid, transhumanist, you'll die and rot like the rest of us
>>
>>684339221
You shit yourself
>>
>>684348481
i dont think so. Our achievements as a species have all been accomplished for the purpose of making our lives easier. And look how far we've come! Only problem is that now we have so much time to sit around and do nothing that we've become so self absorbed that almost everyone has some sort of mental illness/personality defect. Our technology has advanced so much that we dont have to follow any of our human instincts to survive. The human DNA has not changed in more than 80,000 years. But we live as though we can just use up all of our planets resources and move on to the next, like we are not just another animal who lives on earth. Our these instincts are what keep us sane, they're what make up human. We don't do any of the things we as a species are meant to do, like living in a close knit tribe, hunting, having an intimate connection with the earth, etc. There was no such thing as social anxiety, depression (exept that caused by grief/trauma), ADD, etc 300+ years ago
>>
>>684347571

Your brain mkght be in a vat and you are not aware of it, who knows?
>>
>>684339221
Same what is before you're born. Comfy inexistence. So go kill yourself. It's fun. All the kids are doing it. You don't want to be a dork, do you?
>>
>>684349838

Open your mind up!

Read "The Singularity Is Near" by Ray Kurzweil.
>>
>>684350611

I think that is true while we are in the valley between primitive living and advanced tranhumanism level. Easy but not advanced enough causing a few problems for us.

Once we attain the singalurity, a little bit past that, we will have gained mastery over ourselves meaning we can nuke all these problems with ourselvs that you mention due to not evolving for 80,000 years.
>>
>>684351442
>Open your mind up!
ditto
You'll die and rot in the ground. Deal with it.
>>
>>684339221
Cessation of brain function, then you are either burned or fed to worms in a way that makes it unnecessarily hard for the worms.
>>
>>684339221
the same thing that happened before you were alive
/thread
>>
File: smashed maggot.gif (2 MB, 156x117) Image search: [Google]
smashed maggot.gif
2 MB, 156x117
>>684339221
you'll think, 'why the fuck did I not believe in life before death?!'' ;(
>>
>>684352124

For now yes. You did not read the book did you.

Get back to me when you are done reading it!
>>
>>684349429
Yes but its much more complicated than that, I was trying to summarize. Thats just the jist of what i believe. The martians have control of the planetary grid. I also believe that the higher consciousness beings are trying to help us, because what happens on earth will affect our entire universe. Its like how every living thing has chakras and meridians, including the earth itself (because she is alive as well). When all of these points are aligned that being is able to raise their vibration high enough to transcend into other dimensions, and bring back that energy to this planet. When that happens, it's a meridian of the Earth that gets back in sync. We cannot return our planet to its original harmonic state until the whole grid is aligned. And the only way to fix it is on an individual level. If we as a species become in tuned with ourselves, we can meditate together and literally heal the earth in an instant.
the universe is a grid, and we are all significant. If we cannot reconnect with the universe, we will be lost in the void. All of these mystical magical amazing things will be beyond our reach, as they have been since the martians took control. We can take it back if we all put our minds to it
>>
>>684339221
Singularity happens
>>
File: WP_20160514_001.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160514_001.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
You stop living dude
>>
>>684339221
You niggas either go to heaven, purgatory or hell
/thread
>>
>>684339717
>your consciousness finds a new host
quantum bullshit?
>>
>>684339717
elaborate
>>
>>684339221

you body decomposes down the very atoms that make it all up. those atoms go on to make other things, like a dogs dick, or a nigger's turd. etc.
>>
File: kYPppX8.jpg (19 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
kYPppX8.jpg
19 KB, 550x366
>>684339221
why dont you find out?
>>
>>684347571
When you die your mind has no input at all, because you're dead.
>>
>>684352765
>Newfag
>>
>>684352780
idk man, i think that the argument which proves the soul exists beyond death is much more convincing than saying it does not exist at all, and nothing happens when you die. Anyway, even if there is no life after death, theres no harm in beleiving in this type of metaphysical stuff. It does not harm anyone, because that would completely contradict the core values of it. Cant say the same for organized religion though...
>>
My mother claimed she saw family members past, my friend claimed to experience an unconscious bliss reminiscent of sleep. I say it depends on what you believe happens. Your DMT experience before death depends on what you believe happens in order for your body to prepare you for a more comfortable death then, after, nothing.
>>
you return to whence you came. no one knows where that was but religious dickheads think they know where they go. fucking lol
>>
>>684343588
OP asked what happens when you die?
not 'what happens TO YOU when you die'
you unimaginative cuckbrained spastic.
>>
>>684339221
When you die, you expire.

You have one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, to love, to contribute and to matter. And for that I am truly grateful.
>>
>>684353627
>Doe not understand the logical afterlife
Go read your bible, christfag hivemind
>>
File: fffff aye fucking fuck aye.gif (956 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
fffff aye fucking fuck aye.gif
956 KB, 320x180
>>684353815
>when you die, you die
HOLY SHIT ANON.
THE INSIGHT!!!!!
>>
>>684339221
You know how people say: "I saw my whole life flash before me"? I believe that the moment we are to pass away your whole life, every second of it, appears in your consciousness and creates a never ending image which extends "sideways" in time. Thus making that last split second endure an enternity. That is the eternal life you will have once your body passes away
>>
>>684353945
>Doe
did not mention christ once.
read the question again.
>>
>>684354038
>"sideways"
when do they say that, anon?
>>
>>684339221
Same thing that happened to you before you were born. nothing and blackness.
>>
herro dubs
>>
>>684354278
>nothing and blackness.
what? like the big bang?
nothing then bang! and a baby comes out yer fanny?
fucking idiot.
>>
get get get
>>
>>684353990
Is there anything other to suggest to answer the question OP proposed fucktard.
>>
I'll go along with something like - your conciusness completly dissapears, you rot in the ground, sun burns the earth few billions years later, and your molecules are ready for new creation.
>>
>>684354426
>What do you think happens when you die?
pretty simple question.
not one a bout biology and the breaking down of the human physically.
RETARD.
>>
>>684354631
we know everything that happens physically when you die... you release dmt your brain turns off and you decompose. no mystery here. your argument is vacuous might as well kill yourself now
>>
>>684354254
"" < do you even know what those mean?
>>
>>684354631
Does this answer sould like it has some optimism in it?
>>
>>684353442
When I was 4 years old I had a near death experience almost being hit by a car, and i fainted for less than a minute. It was like a flash of being awake and then being in what I thought was heaven. I was raised catholic, so that definitely influenced my experience. I was in a cloud, it was very bright, and the virgin mary in her blue and white robe. She was standing under a trellis covered in pink flowers (exactly like the statue at our church that i would pray to) with her arms open to me, I ran to her and she gave me a hug that radiated warmth down to my bones. She told me she had a surprise for me. My father appeared from the clouds (he died in a motorcycle accident just a few weeks before this happened). I was pouring tears of joy when he picked me up and held me. He smelled the way he always did, like hair gel, addidas cologne, and coffee. Everything was so vivid. Then suddenly I was being shaken by my mother, and back in the real world. I remember all of this like it was yesterday even though at the time i was only 4
>>
>>684352780

Way I see it, since consciousness is found to have an actual measureable force on the universe, as the double sit experiment shows (which I've heard was taken way out of context, I'll be open to that when I see the evidence in a way I can understand) there's probably just one, like gravity.

Nothing spiritual or meta or sharey about it. No pool of all knowledge we somehow tap into and share. Just a thing that happens like any other. We are as natural and magic as the sun. That is to say not very.

By that "logic" it probably had to experience every conscious capable being, and it must do it one at a time.

But of course the above is pseudo crap I thought of and has no scientific weight.

I'm fine with the idea of eternal nothing, anyway.
>>
Does anyone else hate the fact that they exist? I mean, I like my life and all, but I didn't ask to be here.
>>
>>684357326
I say it all the time.
It's my way of saying "leave me alone", really.

I do love my life, but definitely did not ask for it. Might have chosen nothingness if I had an actual choice. But fuck it, I'm here. So I found myself the best paying most satisfying work I can, collect the dollars, eat the food, play the vidjas, have the sex.
>>
i fucking hate when people say shit like "I didnt ask to be born"
as if other people did???
>>
>>684357326
Actually, I never hated being here. Only thing that I do mind are the unanswered big questions that I ask myself, and religion, philosophy and science haven't answred, at least to the degree that would satisfy me. I hate existence because of it, but still like being here.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.