Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

are you afraid of death?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: whoarewe.jpg (26 KB, 450x690) Image search: [Google]
whoarewe.jpg
26 KB, 450x690
are you afraid of death?
>>
Why wouldn't I be afraid of death?
Should I not be?
>>
>>684263586
Nobody is afraid of death.We're more afraid of living and the moments before our death.You know...the way you go.
>>
i welcome it
>>
>>684263586
I'll find out when he comes for me.
>>
I'm afraid of it but I still feel like it's the only true peace we can attain from this fucked up world.
>>
Somedays I am and other days i'm not.
>>
File: dam.jpg (7 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
dam.jpg
7 KB, 274x184
>>684263586
mfw I am afraid of eternity, so either way : eternal life, eternal black out, I am fucked.
>>
>>684263874
There's nothing I currently fear more than death - not my life, not the means of my death, but the nature of death itself.

Every fucking day, every fucking night. The mere thought of it is petrifying.
>>
why be afraid of the most natural thing in the world? i don't even understand why people cry in funerals. it is natural and everybody knows it gonna happen. it's only i question of time and place. you just have to listen to the speed force..
>>
>>684263586
yes its the only reason I haven't killed myself yet
>>
i was.
but not after i woke up in the hospital after a near death
>>
>>684263586
i dont enjoy pain

if im dead i cant enjoy pleassure

i fear the cold, sometimes

hate & anger, hate & anger.
>>
Living is pleasant, dying is peaceful, it's the transition which is troublesome
>>
>>684264496
I feel you
>>
>>684264496
Same here bro. No longer existing is a terrifying thought for me. The potential pain and final moments of life don't bother me, it's the eternal void that awaits.

Never used to bother me but now I think about it fairly regularly. Wish I could get over it.
>>
File: fun.jpg (78 KB, 460x562) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
78 KB, 460x562
>>684263586
Half of /b/ is already dead inside and they're doing nothing to change it.
You tell me, OP.
>>
>>684265037
it goes away don't worry.
>>
I used to be, then I watched as ALS slowly took my grandfather. I am fine with dying any way but that way. When it's my time to go it is. Having watched him go through that so bravely really changed my out look on life. Everyone will die, most of us can't choose when or how, so make as much out of life as you can and be grateful for every morning you wake up.
>>
Yeah, but trying to put into words why is kinda complicated. I guess it's because it's hard to comprehend "nothing." Everywhere you go, there's something, even space is something, but for everything to just... no longer exist just makes my gut drop. And even if there is something after death, I very likely won't be "me" anymore. All my likes and dislikes, everything i've done or haven't done... and it'll all be gone.
>>
>>684265844
I know what you mean, and say some theory of reincarnation is true, memories aren't carried over.

How do you define yourself? If anything, it's ones experiences that really make them who they are. So in a way, losing that would be tantamount to death anyway.
>>
File: 1463161009006.jpg (48 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1463161009006.jpg
48 KB, 550x366
>>
>>684264850
if living truely was peaceful it wouldn't be troublesome, related
>>
>>684264466
Philosopher that's your hell if you believe in afterlife
Enjoy your stay on earth maybe DMT do the job
>>
>>684263586
not since I was like 12 when I just had the realization that no matter what I was going to die eventually and had some kind of crisis for about 3 hours before I remembered that it was going to happen no matter what and there was no point worrying about it.
>>
If you're afraid of dying, trust me, it goes away. This may sound faggy, but I used to go on
r/WatchPeopleDie which is basically the rekt threads of 4chan on Reddit. It scarred me for life because I have never seen a person die, let alone die in the ways that are shown in the subreddit. I was so scared of dying at one point I got sorta depressed. Eventually, I stopped caring and started enjoying life as much as I was before my life was consumed with morbid thoughts. But I still remember it, and now, today, the only way I feel it has affected me is that I'm more careful. I look both ways before crossing the street like 3 times, whenever I'm stepping into an elevator, I feel like a little rush and panic so I literally go into the elevator as fast as I can and put my hand on the door to assure myself that it won't stop moving or suddenly close the moment I start to walk in. it kinda sucks, but you get desensitized after watching it alot. I Actually enjoy watching rekt threads because it's just enjoyable. Its also even better when there's a person getting karma on someone else, like a robber or thief. You can also see how you can die, in ways you may have never though of.

So my main point is you basically get used to it and stop caring as much as you may or may not now.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.