Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

>Release a game that only has 4 maps compared to over 30 maps

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1363267327.png (274 KB, 480x362) Image search: [Google]
1363267327.png
274 KB, 480x362
>Release a game that only has 4 maps compared to over 30 maps that an old 2005 game had
>Call it Star Wars Battlefront (EA Version)

>Make the fans pay over $50 for the game's season pass which has stuff that should be free and have been included in the official game

>Wait until a year later and reveal the news that there will be a Star Wars Battlefront 2

How can EA keep getting away with this?
>>
4 good maps vs 30 aids maps
hmmm
>>
>>684238875
Oh and no prequel content at all...

If Battlefront 2 doesn't have any prequel content then I am gonna laugh as loud as I can with how retarded EA are
>>
>>684238701
>keep getting away with this?
did they though?

was it really successful? its just going to be reworked assets with nothing really new.

they might add vehicles though. but , fuck, maybe not. lol
>>
>>684239099
>tfw my friend fell for paying $60 for EA's Battlefront last year when I repeatedly told him to buy Battlefront 2 on the ps2
>>
>>684238875
> Im to young to have played the original.

>>684238701
Because people buy it, that's how it works these days, you take a long established IP and you don't bother trying and you ask for as much money as you can. You can't blame the companies, their goal is to make money, not games, blame the retards who buy this filth.
>>
>>684239219
>their goal is to make money, not games, blame the retards who buy this filth.
The sad fact about gaming. No one cares to make a "good" game anymore as they only care about profit.

>xbox original, ps2, nintendo 64
where all the true games lie
>>
>>684239200
>Battlefront 2 on the ps2
>not the Xbox huge

widescreen, 480p man.

though, PC seems like they still have servers up.
>>
>>684239467
Official servers are down, but there's a number of fine private servers up. Hell on steam a review gives you a how to guide.
>>
File: 915549-avsp2box.jpg (36 KB, 542x640) Image search: [Google]
915549-avsp2box.jpg
36 KB, 542x640
>>684239467
>>684239710
Did any of you play AVP2 on the pc?

one of the best multiplayer games ever
>>
>>684239885
Fuck YESS I played it non stop for months, even got my bro into it and my dad used to watch us play (I didn't have my own PC at this point). I was so hyped for the new one, i rarely buy games on release let alone physical special editions. I was devastated when I played that dog shit.
>>
>>684239885
is it worth playing today? never played it.
>>
File: received_884348511710282.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
received_884348511710282.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>>684238701
I played the beta which was 70% of the entire game.

So glad I didn't buy that garbage game.

Literally just a BF2 mod with less content.

>4 maps
>like 8 weapons
>No campaign

People bought this unfinished game for full price

Gonna take this time to bring up Rainbow 6:Siege.
>5 small maps
>8 characters
>non customizable
>no campaign
>15 weapons (from a tactical shooter, you'd expect more fucking weapons)
>95% of weapon customization consist of weapon skins
>can only play scenarios offline
>8 characters and only one of them is allowed in a match at a time so if you're really proficient with one you have less than a second to choose them or you're stuck with the recruit character
>5 maps, 3 game modes

Tired of these unfinished games that are more like some sad college students final that should have been released for free on Steam.
>>
Shit i remember the old battlefront 2. If I still had an Xbox 360 I'd be playing that shit to this day. didn't have a case for it so it was scratched to shit but still ran.
>>
>>684240507
Battlefiled 1 though, right? That shit should be cash.
>>
>>684240791
hopefully.

Didn't fall for Battlefront but my buddies cucked me into getting Seige and I played it maybe twice
>>
File: 1463134017071.jpg (27 KB, 400x378) Image search: [Google]
1463134017071.jpg
27 KB, 400x378
>>684238701
>Wanting to pay for, and play online multiplayer games period
>>
File: 1456130416397.jpg (78 KB, 460x562) Image search: [Google]
1456130416397.jpg
78 KB, 460x562
>>684240960
There are actually people like this. I've known some.
>>
>>684240957
Didn't buy Battlefront either. I could tell that it would be shit. Fun, but a shit kind of fun.

I was close to getting Seige, but never got around to it.

So far every Battlefield game I've gotten has felt like it was worth getting. I'm assuming BF1 is going to be the same. I'm considering preordering it, despite being antipreorder.
>>
>>684240507
>>5 small maps
False

>>8 characters
False
>>non customizable
False

>>no campaign
It's a multiplayer game and does have a sudp campaign.

>>15 weapons (from a tactical shooter, you'd expect more fucking weapons)
No it is character based

>>95% of weapon customization consist of weapon skins
You pix your scope and can add attachments what else is there?

>>can only play scenarios offline
Scenarios are for training and ate the same as terrorist hunt.
>>8 characters and only one of them is allowed in a match at a time so if you're really proficient with one you have less than a second to choose them or you're stuck with the recruit character
Who the fuck is only proficient with one character and who the fuck would choose recruit over all the others?

>>5 maps, 3 game modes
False.

This is one of the most original games to come out in a long time, with purposefully individual characters forcing team play and intelligent selection.
>>
>>684241392
With Rainbow 6 Vegas, why would they release this garbage ass unfinished product?
>>
>>684241601
Vegas was a good game, but was cancer compared to the original rainbow 6 games. Siege is more true to those original titles, while embracing modern competitive 5v5 and character based selection. It is the most tactical FPS at the moment bar hardcore realistic shooters like Arma, squad and Insurgency (assuming you play with people who play those games tactically)
>>
>>684239219
This is very true hence why I don't bother with EA anymore. The last good game they made was james pond 2 on sega
>>
File: ndsa.jpg (210 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ndsa.jpg
210 KB, 960x540
>>684238875
>>
>>684238701
People initially bought Battlefront because its Star Wars.

Nobody will buy Battlefront 2 unless they change things up dramatically.
>>
>>684238701
>>684240507
The problem is that shit-tier companies like EA and Ubisoft are intentionally stunting the content of their game to try and milk their fanbase. Their goal is to turn a $60 game purchase into a $120+ purchase ($60 game + $50 season pass + $10 or more in microtransactions).
>>
I'll tell you a secret about EA Burnaby; Guy named Tripp. Fuck you. I'll say this just like the auto industry EA is starting to hurt over pensions.

Did you know for GM to pay someone $35 an hour; they in reality shell out over $160 an hour due to retired employees. They can't suck enough out of current employees to cover.

Anyway ya; EA is now a bloated ship that's doomed to fail at some point.
>>
>>684242943
>ubisoft
>siege
>$20 season pass
>you get all operators and new maps for free without it
>$20 gets them instantly unlocked a week early
>micro transactions that in no way break the meta or even influence gameplay slightly

This is the way season passes SHOULD be.
>>
>>684240507
At least in Siege the DLC is free and you can unlock characters without microtransaction
>>
>>684239219
This is true, but I think there's more to the story. In the past, we got fantastic Star Wars games for many years while most video games based on movies were shit-tier. Why didn't Star Wars games follow the same trend? It's because the game development studio LucasArts was owned by the same entity that owned the rights to Star Wars, George Lucas, and so the studio didn't have to pay anything for licencing the intellectual property rights. Most movie based games suck, just like the new Battlefront, because they spend a huge chuck of what would have been their production budget on the film rights, and then have to make due with whatever they have left. This makes most games based on movies gimmicky cash grabs since they have to make the most for their investment.

Now that Star Wars is owned by Disney, and the game developers and publishers are separate entities, they have to pay for the licencing rights just like other movie-based games. The results shouldn't be surprising.
>>
>>684239013
EA don't give a fuck because you fuck boys will still buy their shit games, faggots
>>
>>684239365
Thread
>>
>>684243399
Don't defend Ubisoft. They might have done an alright job with the season pass for Siege, but they've fucked up countless times with the season passes for some of their other "big" titles. Just take a look at the fucking scam that the season passes for some of the previous AC games have been, or the scam that The Division's season pass is shaping up to be.

Also, microtransactions in a FULL PRICE $60 GAME is fucking cancerous bullshit that needs to die.
>>
File: SDl7Bhq.gif (3 MB, 408x218) Image search: [Google]
SDl7Bhq.gif
3 MB, 408x218
>>684244083
>fuck boys
>>
>>684239885
Dude yes, the 3 story campaign was awesome, I enjoyed the full Alien cycle online face hugging a predator or a marine to evolve to the full grown Alien. One of the top best PC games ever.
>>
>>684239365
This isn't necessarily true. Some huge publicly traded companies might be this way, as they are always trying to squeeze more profits out than last quarter otherwise the stock crashes. However, most studios don't fall into that category, and most game designers do it because they fucking love video games.

There are plenty of good games still being made these days. Actually, there are more now than ever thanks to Steam and the Xbox and Playstation marketplaces.
>>
>>684244063
EA is both the game developer AND the publisher. Disney just owns the license. Stop trying to pretend like you know what you're talking about.
Look at Alien Isolation: three entities: one developer, one developer, one license holder - and the result was an amazing game.
>>
>>684244775
correction: one developer (CA), one publisher (SEGA), one license holder (FOX)
>>
>>684244775
There are always exceptions. Are you denying that most video-games based on movies suck just because one didn't?

My guess is that either the Alien franchise doesn't command that much money for licencing anymore, they have a better agreement based on royalties rather than cash up front, or the developers just poured their souls into it.

If you think I'm making stuff up about movie-based games sucking, then go google the worst games of all time. E.T. and Ghostbusters are right up there, and I'm sure there are other movie-based games as well.
>>
>>684238875
So how does EA's dick taste?
>>
>>684244229
>you can't spend money on what you want because I'm butthurt.

If you people want to waste real money on udmb cosmetic items it's up to them, it doesn't break the game and its not P2W.

I wasn't defending Ubisoft and anyone who even bought a recent AC or a season pass is a fucking retard, black flag was the only good recent AC and that is fucking old now.
>>
>>684240370
Fucking yes.

>>684240201
yea man the 2010 game sucked so much shit. not 1 person played it online. everyone did play the demo tho.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.