Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

What are your thoughts /b/? I graduate high school in less

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 1600x1200
What are your thoughts /b/?

I graduate high school in less than two weeks, I'm 18. I am not going to college due to a series of bad decisions throughout my life, I never even thought I'd make it this far. I'm absolutely worthless and useless. My question is, how fucked is my life going to be as someone who isn't going to college? I know of tons of people who are doing fine without it, I understand that most do, but it also depends on the person. I'm talking about this day and age, how much is it going to suck? Will I live a shitty job until I decide to kill myself? Will I be homeless?
>>
>>684117067
18s nothing u got 7 years enough time to regenerate and replace every single type of cell in your body before you are actually expected to have done anything, nows the time to do it, you are new born, assuming no permanent debilitations/injuries, choose something and go for it
when you encounter a problem/roadblock on this path, format it

in carl sagans cosmos he gives an example of how issac newton started out as an autodidatic polymathist,

story goes he was randomly walking through town one day no ambitions and encountered a book on "modern" physics, he started reading the book, when he got to a part he didnt understand, he in turn sought out a book to understand that, and likewise and so on until he got to a point of thorough axiomatic understanding of all topics relevent to the topic interest and initial starting point and continued from there, went through his life in this vein.

look for that initial spark, then do it, after that its motivation, focus, clarity

i find the big 3 of gym/sex/pot help most but thats just my personal subjection to my own point within the space time of our existence on the third planet.
>>
>>684117067
One never knows. It a “rat race” after all. If you have guts you will deliver. Education helps of course, but social skills and “networking” are very important too.
>>
>>684118279
What if I don't have either of those?
>>
basically 0%

start watching videos on youtube about success and motivation. i'll link you to one in particular that gives a good perspective to changing your life, and I personally attest to its authenticity.

I cured my own depression, drug abuse and lost 110 pounds with an attitude of constant strive and success attitude.
Dont be scared of pain or failure bro, stay grinding
>>
>>684119763
my cringe cringed
>>
>>684119763
i think its this one
i know it says 'millionaire', but you can relay it to any goal/milestone in your life
>>
>>684119763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfwn3OdtUM0
>>
>>684119892
stay cheeto
>>
Just go do construction like the rest of us miserable fucks you stupid fuck.

Stay in shape/get ripped, make pretty decent money, work with other guys that dont give a fuck and learn to embrace the don't give a fuck lifestyle.
>>
>>684117067
>Bad decisions
>18
>Wasted my life

What did you do to have this happen? Serious, your life has literally JUST begun.
>>
>>684117067
depends
I finished only highschool too but I am very good looking and easy to make friends so I had no problems to get a nice job where the upper people in the company where females.

now I am 29 and I have my own company with my wife.

If you are antisocial and you have no high degree then yes you are fucked probably.
>>
>>684120111
i want your name face drivers liscence location and social security id, what you ate for lunch, for the last 10 years
>>
>>684117067
I recommend do some volunteering and shit around your community, you'll get experience a good reputation. I literally walked into my local hall and they just gave me gear and are training me now. College isn't everything, especially now a days.
>>
>>684120779
*fire hall*
Fuck.
>>
>>684120240
Top keks of truth, you haven't even begun to fuck up your life yet op
>>
Bro my best advice is to find something to do that makes you happy. Get a job make some money and maybe it will be even better for you if you go to college when you are more financially stable later in life. Like take online classes or something. I know a ton of people who are extremely successful in fact and never went to college. The key is finding something that you love doing so that school and your job aren't miserable.
>>
>>684117067
Look at trade schools. You don't need college to have a good life, that's the line they feed you. And it's true you need SOME sort of higher education, but it doesn't have to be college. Get a trade, seriously.Demand is high, money is good. You're in and out.
>>
>>684117067
Join the marines and kill people, its really fun. I recommend it 10/10 would do again
>>
I personally wanna go the an hero route. I've struggled with it for a while. But I usually just kind of get back on my own two feet and keep going. But I don't really care anymore.
>>
>>684121231
Fucking horrid advice, absolutely don't let your happiness be co-dependent, find happiness in yourself bro, fuck bitches.
>>
>>684122515
i'm autistic and missread, also only read first line lmao. ignore me lads.
>>
>>684121982
or the army, join infantry and go airborne
>>
>>684117067
Basically you are fucked if you don't fall for the college meme. Join the military if you can. Otherwise you are going to be doing physical labor with low pay. If you are lucky you can get a management job in retail dealing with retards all day.

It's all downhill after high school.
>>
>>684117067
dont ever feel a stitch of guilt for living off the government either dont worry i already did all the hard fucking work for both of you
>>
>>684117067
Your going to be fine, you'll probably just end up working as a server living 5 people you barely know who also smoke weed.

Did you want to be more than this?
>>
No highschool here, joined entry lvl federal service, airport screener. Advanced through the ranks by having common sense and actually showing up which gets you past all the damn niggers. That took me up to 63k managing for them and then I transfered to a mid lvl analyst job with dept of transporation and im sitting on an 83-106k/yr career track.

No college needed these days.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.