Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | Blowjobs | Archived.Moe | 4Archive.org [Home]
4chan archive logo
What does /b/ think about Richard Dawkins
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 35
What does /b/ think about Richard Dawkins
>>
>>683945608
Idiot. Read moar
>>
eh...
>>
>>683945608
Douche. Agree with him or not, he's still a douche.
>>
based
>>
>>683945608
Complete moron.

Pretty much the poster child for why educated people can be the stupidest, and why people who consider themselves tolerant can be the most intolerant and hateful.
>>
He's an educated fool.
>>
>>683945608
more like it's funny that /b/ would support the right-wing Christian patriarchy

I thought /b/ was all about independence and individuality

and yet they hate on those who question free thinking
>>
>>683945608
genius
>>
File: 1334005326652.jpg (68 KB, 453x453) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1334005326652.jpg
68 KB, 453x453
He's an intelligent guy who's done a lot for spreading rationality, but he can be a bit boring, timid and meek at times.
>>
>>683945608
why do I always think of him when I'm ready to cum to Emma?
>>
>>683946809
It explains so much that you think calling an asshole and a moron exactly what he is somehow compares to supporting the right wing Christian monachy.

Unimaginable stupidity.
>>
>>683946809
>free-thinking
>Dawkins
lol
>>
>>683946691
>and why people who consider themselves tolerant can be the most intolerant and hateful.
Dawkins in no way shape or form has ever claimed to be 'tolerant' of religion.

And while you might consider his attacks on the shortcommings and failures of religion "hateful" they are more accurately critiques that believers perceive to be personal attacks.

>inb4 athiest scum
>Im a devout buddhist who was a monastic for ten years.
>>
I read his book and tbh its pretty good. I would recommend it
>>
>>683947301
The problem is that he extends his critiques of religion to the existence or non-existence of God, which is a logical fallacy he regularly chastises in believers.

He does important work in pointing out how fucking dumb it is to be religious, but he and his new atheist crew spend a lot of time bashing philosophy and theology while actively meddling in both disciplines.
>>
>>683946885
>>
>>683945608
I read his books a couple of years ago. I used to like him but I began to notice he virtually always criticized only Christianity despite claiming that he opposed all religions. I realized that he was either compromising his ideology for the sake of political correctness (which is bad) or he was a liar (which is worse). Has he changed in this respect?
>>
>>683948318
OP here, i have seen a few videos of him having intense debates with muslims,mormons and jews.
But yeah he does tend to attack christianity more than other religions. Its probably because of the society he lives in is mostly christians, but idk.
>>
>>683948107
He doesn't ever beat on philosophy. In numerous speeches and writings hes expressed that the study of morality and social issues is not only an important human endevor, but that they are also hindered by religion.

Religion doesn't hold the fucking gavel on all discussions of morality and philosophy. We can have those conversations without the input of slave owning tribesman and celibate priests who fight against womens rights and birth control
>>
>>683945608
I think he is Richard Dawkins
>>
>>683945608
i like the way he thinks.
>>
>>683945608
Pretty cool guy. I met him and his wife Lalla once.
>>
He doesn't carefully tiptoe around the fact that god has no basis in reality. He calmly and casually states it. So everyone thinks he's a angry douche.
>>
File: 1430657263622.jpg (104 KB, 508x657) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430657263622.jpg
104 KB, 508x657
>>683949295
Apart from the fact that a large portion of the world's population holds religious views, so we should explore these viewpoints, regardless if some people want to censor them, just because they personally disagree with them.
>>
>>683945608
As a non-native english speaker, I find his way of speaking very entertaining. I don't know, he sounds so typically british, it's kind of funny to me.
>>
>>683945608
Entertaining.
>>
>>683945608
Nightwish!
>>
OP here. Just found this, apparently Dawkins book has been downloaded 10 million times in arabic, here take a look for yourselves.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/05/11/the-arabic-translation-of-the-god-delusion-has-reportedly-been-downloaded-10-million-times/

If this is true its proof that he's had a big impact on disproving the bullshit that is religion.
>>
massive faggot
>>
>>683950135


THIS IS WHAT I DON'T GET. THE RULE THESE SCIENTIST USE IS ENERGY CAN NOT BE CREATED OR DESTROYED YET IT TOOK ENERGY TO MAKE US(BIG BANG)...WTF??

I THINK WE ARE CLUELESS TO WHY WE ARE HERE AND ANYTHING ANYONE SAYS IS PURE SPECULATION WRAPPED AROUND BULLSHIT "SCIENCE" OR WHATEVER.
>>
Good fella
Rightly shits on the notion that religion is "to be respected no matter what". why would any rational being respect people who can be classified only "compulsive liar" or "irredeemable stupid" (or both in some cases)?
>>
>>683950135
a large portion of the world once thought the earth was the center of the universe, that didn't validated their point of view.
>>
>>683950135
so? a large portion of the world's population are uneducated.
>>
File: goddamnit.png (471 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
goddamnit.png
471 KB, 640x480
>>683945608
I am euphoric, not because of some phony god's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence.

- Fedora McGregory, moderator of /r/atheism
>>
>>683950135

> large portion of the world's population holds religious views

And they all disagree. So what?

> regardless if some people want to censor them

Pretty much no one is advocating censoring religious views.
>>
>>683950365


WELL HE'S MADE 135 MILLION OFF YOU FAT ASS NECK BEARDS SO HE'S HAVING A GOOD LAUGH. I DON'T THINK HE BELIEVES IN 90% OF THE SHIT HE SPEWS HE JUST FOUND A TRIGGER TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOU FAT LONELY FUCKS.
>>
>>683950354
There is still no denying that science has proved a lot more than religion
>>
Pussied out of a debate with William Lane Craig twice

'nuff said
>>
>>683945608
Crybaby faggot.
>>
>>683950403
I'm not saying these views religious people have are verified, I'm saying we should explore them rather than censor them.
>>
>>683945608
I think he is a sissyboi who is scared of the word "religion".
Kind of a douche but is a pretty smart guy, not as smart as me though my iq is 167
>>
>>683950590


YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK HOW MANY ADVANCES CATHOLIC JESUITS HAVE MADE...JUST SAYING....

ALSO NECKBEARD- MANY SCIENTIST WHO HAVE ACTUALLY,YOU KNOW, HELPED US WITH CURES TO DISEASES WERE STAUNCH RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.
>>
>>683950649
what the fuck are you gonna explore?

a book a few thousand years old?

a priest's cock?

are you going to explore scientology too or do we think thats retarded just because it's so new.
>>
>>683945608
probably the smartest ameritard ever
>>
>>683950523
Everyone disagrees, should we not listen to conservatives just because they disagree?

Pretty sure Dawkins does want to censor or get rid of religion.
>>
>>683950809

did they use the scientific method?

or the 'religious method'?

retard...
>>
>>683950649
Saying something is wrong and showing an alternative is not censoring, censoring would be to stop religious people from expressing their poins of, the simple fact that Dawkins partakes in debates with them show the opposite, they have as many oportunities to express the opinions as any other.
>>
>>683950354
There are some models that explain that seemingly contradictory fact.

But the point to be made is that just because a single question about how we got here is unanswered, doesn't mean we're completely clueless and that we should all be making up specific complex beings to fill in the gaps and tell us not to masturbate.
>>
>>683950936


WHY NOT READ WHAT THEY DID AND HOW YOU CUNT. THE "SCIENCE" YOU BRAG ABOUT WAS DISCOVERED BY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE,MOSTLY CHRISTIANS SO KEEP FAPPING NECKBEARD.

BEN CARSON WAS THE FIRST DUDE TO SEPARATE CONJOINED TWINS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ATHEIST CUNT FAT FUCK? YOUR HERO DAWKINS COLLECTS YOUR BIG MAC MONEY TO THE TNEOF135 MILLION...BUT WHAT HAS HE DONE TO ADVANCE OUR SOCIETY? ZERO. LIKE YOU. A ZERO.
>>
>>683950923
>he speaks english so he must be american
nah, just saying.
>>
Dawkins is based.

He triggers Religious tards, SJWs and feminists.

/b/ should love the guy. He invented the word 'meme' too.
>>
>>683950984


OH YEAH WE Are competently clueless you fat fuck..real world is more than theories , "models"etc.


solve cancer or als or ms and then we talk how smart we are . until then make this faggot wealthier and fuck off..
>>
>>683945608
same old shit

end soft drug prohibition
make money of intellectia boom
>>
>>683951326


DON'T FORGET HE MADE 135 MILLION OFF THESE FAT FUCKS..HE'S RIHANA WITH A DEGREE..SAME SHIT, JUST DIFFERENT PACKAGE
>>
he's badass
>>
>>683950354
And now we know that the "nothingness" of space is boiling quantum mechanically with virtual particles that come from nowhere, say hello, and disappear back to nothing.

This isnt anything new. Weve known about this for almost 60 years. Its just the uneducated nutjob religious fundamentalists who keep spouting off the "YOU CANT GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING!!!!"
>>
>>683951522

EXPLAIN FAT FUCK? JOHN GURDON IS "BADASS" SCIENTIST...NOT THIS HACK
>>
i dont know. havent met the guy
>>
>>683950933
> Everyone disagrees, should we not listen to conservatives just because they disagree?

The point is, if you think you're getting closer to discovering some universal truth by studying religion, then you would expect them to be based on evidence and agree with each other. Instead, you find that none of them are based on evidence, and none of them agree with each other. How are you going to get anywhere studying them?

> Pretty sure Dawkins does want to censor or get rid of religion.

He specifically supports the freedom of religion. Of course, he think religion shouldn't exist, but not through censorship. Big difference.
>>
>>683951632


LOL!!! AS BAD AS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.

SURE FAT FUCK.IN 20 YEARS THE SCIENTIST WILL SAY SOMETHING ELSE..IN 20 YEARS AFTER THAT IT WILL CHANGE AGAIN..
>>
>>683951718


WHO CARES? YOU THINK LAZY FAT FUCKS WHO DON'T LEAVE THEIR HOME WILL TELL MUSLIMS WILLING TO BLOW THEMSELVES UP THEY CAN'T BE RELIGOUS AND WIN THAT CULTURAL WAR?

LOL....YOU FAT FUCKS ARE AMAZING..
>>
>>683951771
science doesnt deny that but its much more efficient building on information that we know is true than some stories created to make you feel happy
>>
>>683951899
are you actually serious or are you just trying to get some attention?
>>
>>683951955


HOW EFFICIENT? BY MAKING MONEY WRITING BOOKS FOR FAT ASSES LIKE YOU? SOLVE CANCER, SOLVE POLLUTION, SOLVE DECAYING LAKES AND FOOD SHORTAGES, SOLVE AGING ETC...THEN WE TALK.UNTIL THEN FUCK OFF FAT ASS.
>>
Every "atheism vs religion" debate i see usually follows one of two routes:
1: Religous person argues that God is preciselly that which science can't explain.
2: Religious person denies scientific proof in favor of his own personal hypothesis.

Personally i'm more inclined to respect the first kind, even though the idea of God being the explanation to that which is beyond science's curent grasp means that God is, each day, less than before.
>>
>>683946879
well, he's an author and a evolutionary biologist, not a orator
>>
>>683952105
What do you think, Sherlock?
>>
File: 1379170817690.jpg (6 KB, 235x279) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379170817690.jpg
6 KB, 235x279
>>683951955
I admire your determination to still argue with this... special one
>>
>>683952105


100% SERIOUS. IF YOU THINK 400 POUND "NEW ATHEIST" WILL GET RID OF RELIGION...LMFAO..YOU ARE IN FOR A MUSLIM SURPRISE. YOU MAY WEAKEN CHRISTIANS BUT WHAT'S COMING...MMMM...YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT FAT ASSES...LEAVE YOUR BASEMENT ONCE IN A WHILE AND CHECKOUT WHATS HAPPENING OUT THERE FAT ASS
>>
>>683952167
well, science isnt magic. in time im sure we will solve some but its better than praying for something to happen. like what you said, in 20 years well arrive to different conclusions and so on
>>
>>683952313


IT'S AS BAD AS RELGIOUS PEOPLE IMO. ANYWAYS, DAWKINS IS A TROLL AND VERY GOOD ONE AT THAT $$$$$$$.

HE FOUND A HOLE IN THE EMPTY VAST FAT ASS LONELY FUCKS AND FILLED IT WITH "NEW ATHEISM". IT'S A REGION.
>>
more violations of the non aggression principle schizo salad insane cant understand no means no you owe me damages and compensation for reprecussions of your actions causative directively wrong into my life in the first place WE ARE the dispute resolution organisation and you're long in the tooth redundant abondonement to death senicide in effect
cant read for they are blind
>>
>>683952341

EVEN IF GOT DOESNT EXIST, WE NEED TO BE TRAINING CHRISTIAN WARRIORS TO GO TO BATTLE WITH THE MUSLIMS. ITS THE ONLY WAY!!!
>>
Love him, he says what he means and dont care.
>>
>>683945608
I don't always agree with his methods but he is doing necessary work. To advance and stop believing in fairy tales sometimes it takes a provocateur to accomplish it. And lets be honest, if Dawkins is the worst example of a cruel atheist then what do you make of the thousands of examples of killings, rapes and assaults done by religious people in gods name?
>>
im not an atheist. im agnostic.
>>
>>683952404


PRAY FOR WHAT? TO FIND OUT WHERE WE CAME FROM? WHO GIVES A FUCK? I PREFER MY SCIENCE TO CURE DISEASES,SOLVE ISSUES LIKE POLLUTION AND AGING ETC. I COULD GIVE TWO FUCKS IF I WAS MADE OR EVOLVED.I WORRY MORE ABOUT STOMACH CANCER THAN THAT. I DON'T CARE IF SOME FAT FUCK ATHEIST IS RIGHT OR SOME PEDOPHILE RELIGIOUS NUT IS.I WORRY ABORT REAL LIFE ISSUES. NOT FANTASY YOU FAT FUCK.
>>
>>683952737
did u not read what i put? ok
>>
>>683952521
FUCK MUSLIMS........I WOULD RATHER HAVE CHRISTIANS AND JEWS RUNNING THE SHOW.
>>
>>683952549


LOL..YOU FUCKING MORON. IT'S BEEN PROVEN HE DOESN'T. HE DOES IT FOR THE $$$ FAT FUCK. SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU BUT HE LIKES COKE AND 12 YEAR OLDS.
>>
>>683952737
Fat fuck atheist > pedophile religous nuts
>>
>>683952614

>cruel atheist
>not mentioning hitler, stalin, pol pot, or any of the great genocidal maniacs of the 21st century
>>
i suppose ur voting for trump
>>
>>683952888
You're really annoying.
>>
>>683952895


NOT REALLY BECAUSE MOST ATHEIST FAT FUCKS ARE INTO CHILD PORN LIKE DAWKINS WHO LOVES 12 YEAR OLD BOYS. THEY ARE BOTH EQUALLY USELESS.
>>
>>683953012


YEAH BRUTAL TRUTH IS USUALLY HARD TO SHUT IN FAT FUCKS. 135 MILLION ON BOOKS AND LECTURES......HE'S MY HERO.THAT'S FOR SURE. HE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE A VERY UNPROFITABLE DEGREE VERY VERY PROFITABLE.EXPLOIT LONELY FAT FUCKS. IT'S BRILLIANT REALLY
>>
>>683952737
Curing cancer would mean getting rid of you.
>>
>>683953120
nice logic man
>>
>>683950649
And how are people censored from expressing their religious views? When was the last time an atheist assaulted someone of faith just because of their religion? Or protested the release of a book about god? Those things are almost always the opposite.
>>
>>683953296


WHATEVER. AT LEAST IT'S CURED. CURED LIKE THEPORK HAM HOCKS YOU GOBBLE DOWN.
>>
>>683952913
None of them did it in name of atheism but rather in defence of their socio-political views, you might as well blame vegetarianism every time a vegetarian does something wrong, hell, Hitler loved animals, is the genocide blamed on animal rights?
>>
>>683953287
children will become loud or will go out of there way blabbering nonsense for attention. there is a pattern in stupidity. youre pathetic
>>
File: 556125337.png (67 KB, 436x278) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
556125337.png
67 KB, 436x278
>>683953120
Cardinal Mahoney gtfo
>>
Hi me and my religious and atheist friends have been getting along for years, sometimes we talk about our beliefs but we never attack each other them.

Maybe people here can learn from our experience and not be so bitter to each other.
>>
>>683953352


LOL....HAVE YOU EVER MET AN ATHEIST? THEY ARE THE LAZIEST , FATTEST LONELY FAT FUCKS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

TOO LAZY TO EVEN WASH THEIR MOLDY SHIRTS AND YOU EXPECT THEM TO PROTEST? YEAH RIGHT....NEXT THING IS YOU'LL WANT THEM TO EXERCISE OR FORM RELATIONS WITH ***GULP*** PEOPLE.
>>
>>683951662
i'm too lazy to argue with troll
>>
>>683953630
Not even a troll, dude, just a shitposter.
>>
>>683953487
IF YOU GOOGLE YOUR SENTENCE YOU GET 1.2 MILLION HITS OF THE EXACT SAME WORDING..WEIRD... SO EITHER YOU ARE VERY PROLIFIC OR JUST A DUMB PARROT FAT FUCK
>>
>>683953619
deep down i feel that your asking for help
>>
>>683953756


SAME FAG IS SAME FAG.......SAME FAG SAME FAGGIING A SAME FAG
>>
>>683950354
most obvious bait
>>
>>683952888
Turn caps lock off. Faggot.

>inb4 more upper-case rants
Dont care, urefag.
>>
>>683953777


HELP WITH WHAT FAT FUCK? PUTTING ON MY SIZE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL CM PUNK T SHIRT? OR THAT COOL FISH STICKER I PUT ON MY 1990 RENAULT?
>>
>>683953967
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>683953777
nice trips hoss
idk why religious people and atheist here get so heated and upset with each other, me and my neighbors are a mix of atheists and theists, and we get along great because all of us are reasonable people
>>
>>683953949


YOU CARE BUTTERNUT FAT FUCK
>>
>>683953967
are u ok man?
>>
>>683952913
I'll give you Stalin but Hitler and Pol Pot were both religious. And Stalin didn't commit his atrocities in the name of atheism.

That's the big difference between atrocities committed by the religious and atheist. Religious people have been in charge of the biggest mass murders in history and often in the name of their god, in the very few examples of an atheist having done something similar it is for political reasons.
>>
File: FATBOY.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FATBOY.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>683954035


I KNOW. FAT FUCK BETA ATHEIST ARE EASY.
>>
>>683954096


STFU U SAND NIGGER
>>
>>683954167
> meanwhile moderates on both sides of the religious fence are laughing our asses off
>>
>>683950135
>Explore
>1 inch thick 2000year old bronze age book about talking snakes and not mixing fibers
>>
>>683945608
the same thing i think about a store clerk, they have more money than me
>>
>>683952651
fuck you, you're an atheist.

We can't disprove santa doesn't exist but that doesn't mean we state it that way every time he comes up. As it is, you're doubting God's existence and are not religious. Why say that it might be possible there's something out there we can't prove? You don't believe in God unless you have proof for it, herefore you're an atheist.
>>
>>683954306


"MODERATES"? LMFAO..MOST HERE CAN BARELY AFFORD A CHEESE PIZZA.NO ONE CARES WHAT WE THINK YOU PATHETIC TWAT. STABLE PEOPLE ARE AT WORK OR FUCKING EACH OTHER.
>>
>>683945608
Since of Mericans of living of an exigency/emergency of a technology so I am of communication of spiel of technology of text of:_"-------\_
Three/3 communications/explanations/informations/texts of a technology:
1/One: body muscle movement caused/since of energies at human caused/since of energies sent from machines far of miles/kilometers;
and/or/an-other-communication of 2/Two: human of technology of machines...machines transmit/send energy...energy at/striked/hitting metals in human...metals moved/arranged...so/causing/thus...electricity of in of body so...body muscle flexing of human of living of tensing/slackening of muscle;
and/or/an-other-communication of 3/Three: STIMULATION OF BODY-MOVING/LIKE-SENSE SINCE OF ELECTRICITY OF CAUSED OF IN OF BODY SINCE 1. tiny metals in human 2. metals moved since of energies striked/hitting metals 3. energies sent/from machine far/distant/not-close/no-nearness of miles.
_/-------"_:-_
I got/received a text of communication/question/ask of technology of body muscle flexing caused of energies of machines far of miles:_"\_ Everyone knows this already. How do you fix it. _/"_:-_ . I am of communication/answer/reply of letter of word of language of text of:_"\_ Humans of policing/military live of:_[\_ slackening/tensing of muscles of earlier and later of slackening/tensing of muscles since of brain of body of since of human of living of brain of body of since of sense/sensation of communication/text/speech of computer program software of language of words of anything/everything/eachthing/allthings of human of living of _{-\_[-\_ slackening/tensing of muscles of earlier and later of slackening/tensing of muscles _/-]_{--\_[--\_ and _/--]_ and _[--\_ or _/--]_/--}_[-\_ flexing of muscles so of living of muscle of nearer and and or farther of muscle _/-]_/-}_/]_:-_/"_:-_ .
>>
>>683953509
noone's being bitter, there's just trolls and people who say what they believe without censorship
>>
>>683950354
Why is a stupid question
There is no grand purpose for why stuff happens
You can ask why as in what are the factors that lead to this
Why as in a purpose to existence as if to fill a role is ludicrous
>>
Dawkins has spent his entire career in a masturbatory, autistic pursuit to kill God, all the while becoming exactly what he despises--ignorant and full of shit. I don't think anyone here on /b/ is religious, but anyone who takes advice from Dawkins on how to be rational is a fucking tool. The guy acts like he was ball-tapped too many times in Catholic school.
>>
>>683954536


ACTUALLY YOU DUMB FUCK- EVOLUTION HAS A PURPOSE AND ROLE YOU DUMB IGNORANT FAT FUCK.
>>
File: v12engine.jpg (54 KB, 700x394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
v12engine.jpg
54 KB, 700x394
>>683954500
I fucking love tiny metals
>>
>>683954227
I like how you assumed my ethnicity and then used a racial slur. Me and my like minded neighbors, while we disagree on certain issues can talk about it like adults.

Now calm down and sip your mountain dew, we're in control of the boarder conversation, we'd be happy to have you so long as you can respect your neighbor oh happens just not believe any god.

Sorry you're so angry.
>>
>>683954571


HOW DO YOU KNOW NO ONE HERE IS RELIGIOUS YOU FAT FUCK?

HOW CAN YOU BE SO PRESUMPTIVE YOU WHINY TWAT?
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1175x1084) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1175x1084
>>683954500
>>
>>683954516
shhhhhhhhhhhh you...
don't spoil our fun
>>
>>683950809
Jesuits are a charity their money is no different than other money

Citation needed.
Or just type percentage of atheist scientists on google and get disproven
>>
>>683954702


LOL............YOUR MEDS ARE WEARING OFF FATTIE..BUT YOU ARE FUNNY AF..MOST CRAZIES ARE
>>
>>683954646
GO SING A NIGGER SPIRITUAL YOU GAY ASS FAGGOT KIDDIE TOUCHING QUEER HOMO TRAP
>>
>>683954852
> calls me crazy, uses all caps
>>
>>683953949
This
>>
File: CM-Punk-Net-Worth.jpg (806 KB, 1728x905) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CM-Punk-Net-Worth.jpg
806 KB, 1728x905
>>683954843

SO LAZY...SO FAT..SO USELESS
>>
>>683945608
He's a POS but all I've read of his was the god illusion; and yes, I finished it. (: Christopher Hitcheb I's prefer to listen to moreso
>>
>>683947614
which one?
>>
File: CM-Punk-pose.jpg (31 KB, 620x330) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CM-Punk-pose.jpg
31 KB, 620x330
>>683954965


YOU ARE CRAZY.
>>
>>683945608
He's an egotistical prick who just happens to be an atheist.
>>
>>683949295
You sounded good until you mentioned women.

Richard Dawkins may be right about many things, but he is still a douche, like all feminists.
>>
>>683951771
Better than spewing the same disproven lie for +2000 years
>>
>>683955096
I think you're projecting.
>>
>>683945608
hes ur mum
>>
>>683954982
In lecture right now
Studying electrical engineering
150 pounds
>>
File: CM_Punk_bio.jpg (41 KB, 900x506) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CM_Punk_bio.jpg
41 KB, 900x506
>>683955155


DIS-PROVEN BY WHO NIGGER?
>>
>>
>>683949074
Ding ding ding.

What the hell else do you expect? He's surrounded by ~90% Christians. Specifically going after other religions would pretty much be picking on them.
>>
>>683945608
For someone so anti-religion he can be a bit preachy.
>>
>>683954646
No.
Evolution just happens. Survival of the fittest
That's all it is.
>>
>>683954323
top kek
>>
>>683955431
shut up matt
>>
>>683955316
Every non retard born in the last 2000 years
>>
wuint
>>
>>683955554
so close
>>
File: 1458939211288.png (47 KB, 146x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458939211288.png
47 KB, 146x180
>>683955554
Off by one.
>>
>>683945608
massive faggot with a giant god complex, the mother fucker doesn't want people to believe in god cause he this he is god
>>
>>683955316
You know, "disproven" is actually a word, you illiterate fucking moron.
>>
>>683955554
oh god
>>
>>683952888
Well who doesn't?
>>
File: 1462489364426.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462489364426.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
I'm an atheist, because I CAN handle the truth!
>>
File: atheism1.jpg (415 KB, 1331x394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
atheism1.jpg
415 KB, 1331x394
>>683945608
>>
Bit of a cunt but certainly knows his maymays.
>>
File: 1356905205140.gif (958 KB, 222x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1356905205140.gif
958 KB, 222x150
>>683956192
>>
File: 1541242352.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1541242352.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>683956069
you're an atheist cause you liked to get fucked in the butt and god disapproves
>>
>>683956498
fuck u
>>
File: 1461288223101.png (121 KB, 475x475) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461288223101.png
121 KB, 475x475
My mudkip is fucking perfect.
>>
>>683955075
The God Delusion
>>
>>683954096
Studies have shown that when adherents stand contrary to facts that contravene their stance, they are rewarded with a burst of dopamine.

Hardliners of any stripe are druggies who need our help and compassion to get them off drugs
>>
>>683956498
There is nothing wrong with being gay, I just happen not to be gay, which I would argue is more unfortunate.
>>
>>683955224
Holy shit, plot twist
>>
>>683954157
Usually religion is a tool useful to power. Stalin was a bit different in that his religion was called communism, though, like all real world governments, it was just another form of plutocracy
>>
>>683956629
Sexy af
>>
File: 551124568.jpg (39 KB, 500x373) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
551124568.jpg
39 KB, 500x373
>>683956719
Fuck off faggot, you're wrong.

Mmmm
>>
>>683954664
That pic.

Very cool
>>
>>683955378
Nowhere other than Mexico or the Vatican will you find a population that's 90% Christian. Additionally, if he's genuinely concerned with the negative effects religion imposes on society, he should be worrying about all religions. Specifically the largest one, which is Islam. I've seen a shit ton of his material online, and he specifically targets Christianity. Even if he were surrounded by Christians, he's a scientist, he should objectively see all religions for what they are: bad. Not just Christianity.
>>
>>683956629
Mudkip is best religion and you're all fucking wrong.
>>
File: 18n8wjmtmx16ojpg.jpg (182 KB, 378x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
18n8wjmtmx16ojpg.jpg
182 KB, 378x480
>>683957428
Thanks bro
>>
>>683954965
Lel
>>
>>683957466
Nigger most neighborhoods are 90% something. 90% christian, 90% black, 90% faggot. I know which one you come from.
>>
>>683945608
He's alright but too inflammatory to be likable
Too bad Hitch died. He was also a firebrand but he was much better at writing and expressing himself. Plus his British accent came off as less lofty and arrogant. Idk why though
>>
>>683955316
>>683955096
>>683954982
>>683954917
>>683954852
Look, the caps-rager started to tucker himself out with all the posting so now he's napping.
>>
>>683945608
I like his eyebrows.
>>
>>683957371
Kekked
>>
File: RealTrollFace.jpg (25 KB, 350x427) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RealTrollFace.jpg
25 KB, 350x427
>>683958006
NO IM NOT YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>683957863
Fine, let's just assume his neighborhood is 90% Christian, which I doubt. Does this make him incapable of understanding that most deists are Muslim, and thus should shoulder at least as much as the blame as Christians? Or is he capable of seeing only what's immediately outside his window, and then subsequently complaining about it?
>>
>>683945608
He was the best host of Family Feud.
>>
>>683957466
He has in fact gone out of his way to challenge Islam. One example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8b3vhTO248

And Islam is by no means the "largest" world religion. There are about 2.2 billion Christians and 1.6 billion Muslims. I'd still say that Islam is a hell of a lot scarier, but that is a threat that may be beyond the reach of reason. Christians on the other hand can be debated and reached with evidence and reason.

This seems like a really odd thing to nitpick.
>>
>>683958247
Just taking a breather then?
>>
>>683958346
Christians are less likely to bomb you than Muslims. Who would you rather pick on?
>>
>>683945608
>Because he's the hero we deserves, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
>>
>>683958247
Oh honey, we know what you're doing, but at the same time, and you may not realize it, is that you're also projecting.

Now go for a walk, it'll help your mental and physical health out a bit.
>>
File: 1370059864751.gif (2 MB, 300x227) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1370059864751.gif
2 MB, 300x227
>>683958564
YES
>>
>>683956662
That book is terrible.

At least read something by an actual philosopher like Nicholas Everitt.
>>
If I remember correctly he once said the fear of going to hell can be more traumatizing than being molested by a priest, and that he was molested by a priest as a child and it wasn't a big deal.
>>
I've been an 'atheist' all my life and I really hate neckbeards for ruining what could have been something special. I feel for Dawkins et all but also resent them for not doing more
>>
>>683945608

Not into religion and Dawkins is a faggot. I hate anyone telling me what I should think
>>
>>683958346
Better question: Why should he have to go out of his way to challenge a culture and worldview that he wasn't raised with and doesn't understand as well? What "blame" are you even talking about? He's holding Christians, fellow members of his society, to a higher standard of reason. What the fuck is your problem?
>>
File: imthedevil.gif (4 MB, 602x383) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
imthedevil.gif
4 MB, 602x383
>>683945608

He fights self-righteousness with self-righteousness.
>>
>>683958856
Something special? It's just a rejection of a claim. People like you are the problem for turning it into something monolithic, like a philosophy or a religion itself. It's nothing like that.
>>
>>683959023
How exactly is he self-righteous? I've never understood this. If anything he seems pretty humble, but well-informed and unwilling to bend on issues without sufficient evidence or reason. To me that looks like strength.
>>
>>683945608
Not much about the guy, but I'd like to talk a bit with the photographer, this shot is wonderful..
>>
>>683959582
Is a picture of an old man making you hard?
>>
>>683959373
He attempts to contradict faith with logic.

Logic, based on the world humans understand. He uses this human information to tell people that they shouldn't be believe in God.

That's self-righteousness.

Personally, I'm an atheist.

Dawkins, on the other hand, is an anti-theist. Which is, for all practical purposes, a religion of the anti-religious. It's a movement. Not that different from Christianity or Islam or Judaism. Actually, it's more like Scientology or Mormonism, but I digress.

I believe people should have the right to not go to church or to go to church. Dawkins wants to remove religion. It's his crusade, if you will.
>>
>>683958891
As I already said, he goes out of his way to complain about one religion, but more or less ignores others. I call this bias. This is a thread to discuss our opinons of Richard. My opinion is that he's biased. I stated as much, can you not read?
>>
>>683960115
You are photographically illiterate.
>>
>>683951400
This is autistic bait
You dont have smallpox, checkmate
>>
>>683960207
I won't argue with that.

I have better things to do instead of getting aspergic over pictures of pensioners.
>>
>>683960134
Holy shit you are dense.

I'm perfectly aware that it's your opinion, and it's MINE that your nitpicks are ridiculous. Two people offering opinions, otherwise known as a
"discussion." I think we're on the same page.

So why should Dawkins have to be all things to all people? Christianity he understands, having grown up in and around it, and as such he's well-positioned to challenge it. He still DOES challenge the other religions of the world, but why should he have to go out of his way? Why this insistence from you that he challenge all religions equally? It's the strangest thing to criticize.
>>
>>683960751
I guess you're the kind of person to spend $50 and 2h in the line and climb on top of the Empire State Building to take a crapshot of Manhattan with your iPhone with the flash on.
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
forty keks.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>683960751
>>
>>683945608
Dumber than even the most retarded of downs syndrome abortion survivors
>>
Seems like a nice and intelligent guy.
>>
>>683960126
There is so much wrong with this
>Which is, for all practical purposes, a religion of the anti-religious.
Yeah no, its a general belief held about religion and thats it.
>It's a movement. Not that different from Christianity or Islam or Judaism.
Or humanism.
>Actually, it's more like Scientology or Mormonism, but I digress.
Because antitheists believe that a new testament of the bible was found in america.

I could spend time going down the list of qualities of religion and explain how each one of them dont apply, but you really arent worth my time


You make literally no sense, all you are doing is virtue signaling with buzzwords
>I'm one of da gud ones guies
>>
>>683961019
He's actually a pretty smart guy
>>
>>683960126
Well, yes. He challenges people to not be satisfied with "faith", or gullibility by another name. I see this as a good thing.

Of course he uses "human information" (??) to question the baseless claims of the supernatural made by many. He challenges people to defend their beliefs with reason and evidence.

How in the holy fuck is this self-righteous? What do you think that even means?

You're all over the map here, buddy. I'm hoping you're young and have some more time to sort this stuff out and form a coherent worldview.
>>
>>683961019
>Le epin dumb joke
Wheres your Phd anon?
>>
>>683961161
He's educated, yes, but smart? No.
>>
>>683961316
Anon, where are your bestseller books
Its been a while since i've seen you give a public speech about a complicated topic
You're debating tactics really have been lacking recently
>You have literally none of the skills that man does
>>
>>683961302
I value my time too much to waste years more of it earning a piece of paper that serves me no purpose, and even more after the fact trying to pay for it.
>>
>>683961316
What the fuck does this even mean? By any objective measure he's a very smart person. Say what you want, but a stupid person doesn't have the kind of scientific career this guy has had.
>>
>>683961525
Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

...thanks anon, I needed that this morning :)
>>
>>683961525
If you have to pay for it you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: fag.png (74 KB, 734x454) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fag.png
74 KB, 734x454
>>683961685
kek
>>
File: anon plz.png (6 KB, 170x230) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anon plz.png
6 KB, 170x230
>>683961685
>>683961525
>Earning a piece of paper
>Studying a topic in copious detail for multiple years
totally the same anon
>>
>>683958657
overall more likely to screw you over though... they are just not as desperate as the muslims to use suicide bombers etc...
>>
>>683961685
lol, can't handle people disagreeing with his stupid opinion
>>
>>683961143
Alright. I won't waste my time with you either.

>>683961204
But why the obsession with trying to tell people they're stupid? He's never died. He's never really lived, frankly. He's a historian Nothing more.

I've seen more of the world than you and Dawkins combined. If there's one thing I've learned it's that the smartest people are those who believe they know nothing.

Being judgmental of others and how they choose to live their lives is the very essence of self-righteousness.

You claim that religious people are the gullible ones, but you're certainly giving them a run for their money.
>>
File: TSG.jpg (18 KB, 214x212) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TSG.jpg
18 KB, 214x212
>>683945608

He's a sweetheart. Sure, he doesn't suffer fools easily, and likes to dive into debate with folks.

If I would fault him, its on his apathy towards being misunderstood by knee-jerking people who aren't following a discussion from the start, and who are indifferent towards the defining context of his words.

But why fault him on the consistent lack of research done by the #triggered brigade?

“The Selfish Gene” changed my life. I hope he is recovering well from his stroke.
>>
>>683945608
>What does /b/ think about Richard Dawkins

I loved him on Family Fued.
>>
You will convert to mudkipism or die at the hand of evil grass types!

REPENT! It is not too late heretical bastards!
>>
>>683961986
never change, /x/
>>
>>683962125
Sigh, fine
http://donsnotes.com/religion/common-characteristics.html

>Most religions include belief in the supernatural (spirits, gods, God) or belief in some other Ultimate Reality beyond, yet connected to, human experience and existence.
Nope
>Religions distinguish between the sacred and profane (or ordinary) in terms of time, space, objects, and people.
Nope
>Religions strongly encourage or require prescribed ritual activities for individuals and communities of faith.
Nope
>Religions commonly promote a moral code or ethical principles to guide individuals and communities.
What moral code or ethical principle is included in not liking religion?
>Religious life engages and incorporates common emotional and intuitive human feelings.
Nope, its simply a group of people who dont like religion
>Religions both encourage communication and provide ways to communicate or connect with the divine.
Nope
>Through sacred stories, the religions provide a coherent worldview.
Aint nothing sacred in antitheism
>Religions organize life for individuals--including dress codes, personal sacrifices, and appropriate occupations--in the context of their respective worldviews.
No anon, none of this
>Religions require and promote social organization and institutional forms to carry out the necessary functions of worship and leadership, preserving orthodox teachings and practices.
Maybe, there is a kind of leadership in the form of popular figures???
>Religions promise an inner peace and harmony despite the vicissitudes of life.
Nope
>Religions typically offer a future hope through the coming of a new age or a better existence in the afterlife.
Technically maybe, a world without religion would be a lot better of an existance
>Religions must propagate themselves through the recruitment of new members and procreation within the community of faith.
This is the same for literally any group.

Wow, sure is a religion anon, please kill yourself now
>>
>>683962568
Yeah, too bad dawkins is dead, miss him dearly
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/03/showbiz/richard-dawson-dies/
>>
>>683962435
>But why the obsession with trying to tell people they're stupid?
To my knowledge he's never called anyone "stupid." Again, it's challening widely-held but poorly-supported beliefs with real world implications. I think that's a worthwhile and noble thing to do.

>He's never really lived, frankly
What the fuck does this even mean?

>You claim that religious people are the gullible ones
Yes, gullible in the sense that they believe things without proper justification. How have I come close to that? For daring to challenge beliefs that have no basis in reality? How is this "gullibility"?

Though Dawkins does go out of his way to be respectful and courteous and never call people stupid (engaging in debate is actually the exact opposite, as it implies a level of intellectual respect), I'm going to go ahead and call you stupid. These arguments of yours are baffling.
>>
>>683963601
oh sweet Issac, he's still at it!
>>
He is Lord
>>
>>683945608
an opportunist, he knows atheism is gaining traction so he poops out a few books to capitalize on it, which i dont really mind because i hate all religions

other than that he is just an ordinary biologist
>>
He's a twat
>>
>>683963601
he's religious, you can't use logic with him. simply assert you certainty and then promise him immortality if he believes you.
>>
>>683963879
Anon, he made his books before atheism gained traction, he was most of the reason it gained traction
>>
>>683946879
i agree, he has a twitter account and i bet he as a few interns to shitpost spam twitter because there is more crap being said in his name than any one person could do without completely exhausting themselves
>>
>>683963812
Yes He is fellow believer in the Kip.
May grass types never find you.
>>
>>683963668
Out of arguments already?
>>
>>683964546
> assuming to know my identity
You're funny
>>
>>683963985
Not a bad idea. Too bad you have to wait around for a couple millennia for your silly bullshit to be taken seriously. Read from scrolls, etc.
>>
>>683963601
Well, the other guy called me stupid, too. I'm getting used to it.

And, I suppose it would be baffling to you.

Especially considering, it's not even an argument.

I merely believe that if people find strength in faith, that's their personal journey. It doesn't have anything to do with me. It doesn't have anything to do with Dawkins, either.

What I mean when I say he "hasn't lived," is that he's spent many years (and is now spending his twilight years), essentially trying to sway people's other-worldly opinions using worldly facts. There is no logic in faith. It's just something you believe. Or don't. If people find value in faith, that's okay with me. It's not okay with Dawkins. That's why he's "self-righteous."

At the end of the day, his life basically amounts to a flamewar on Youtube.
>>
>>683964682
When you stoop to deflections and crude attempts at insulting humor, you have lost an argument that you shouldn't have started in the first place.
>>
>>683946541
Yeah but that's everyone in existence so
>>
>>683958398
Who the fuck isn't scarier than a christian.
>>
>>683958797
it's the exact same shit said by two different people what the hell are you talking about
>>
>>683964896
>I merely believe that if people find strength in faith, that's their personal journey.
And some children find comfort and solace in their belief in Santa Claus. A person's feelings say absolutely nothing about the veracity of their beliefs.

If you're not concerned about the TRUTH of a claim, then discussing it is kind of a waste of time, wouldn't you say? If you're content to believe whatever might wound good, without the need to rationalize it, then why even speak up? Just believe whatever deluded fantasy makes you happy and keep it to yourself.

Dawkins' point is that believing things on bad evidence is a problem, and he goes to great lengths to explain why. Beliefs inform actions, and baseless ignorance has resulted in terrible atrocities in history. On this point I agree with him wholeheartedly, and I'm glad he's out there pushing the values of the Enlightenment. If you want to stay in the Dark Ages, then fine. But have the sense to keep it to yourself.

>If people find value in faith, that's okay with me. It's not okay with Dawkins.
No it isn't, and for good reason.

>That's why he's "self-righteous."
This isn't at all what self-righteous means.
>>
>>683965878
>it's the exact same shit

No it isn't. Everitt does it better without childish arguments.
>>
File: 1463042078709.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463042078709.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>683960126
>It's a movement. Not that different from Christianity or Islam or Judaism. Actually, it's more like Scientology or Mormonism, but I digress

Jesus fuck this makes you look so fucking retarded. I promise no one is going to genuinely listen to you.
>>
I Think he has mummy and daddy issues on them pushing Christianity on him and hes "Rebelling"
>>
>>683966338
Hahaha so? Still the same shit,
>>
>>683966338
How exactly are Dawkins' arguments childish?
>>
>>683966465
Classic theist tactic of deflecting by pointing to psychology rather than the substance of the arguments.

Dawkins' parents were actually non-religious, and he didn't experience any of that typical rebellion you're referencing. Again, irrelevant to the actual substance of the points raised, but interesting.
>>
>>683958856
>I've been an 'atheist' all my life and I really hate neckbeards for ruining what could have been something special.
>what could have been something special.
That sounds like you want it to be your secret, special religion. It isn't special - it's just the facts and the truth as evidence currently has it.
>>
>>683966159
We seem to be in familiar territory here.

I think we've both explained our differing points-of-view pretty clearly (and in great multitudes).

I find myself sympathizing with Dawkins now more than ever.

I could've spent this time doing any number of things, but instead I wasted it talking to you.

Not very logical on my part.
>>
Richard Dawkins is a Saiyan from the planet Vegeta. He came here to destroy the planet but, having lost the ability to go Oozaru, he decided to pray on people's minds instead.
>>
File: derpkins.png (37 KB, 469x182) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
derpkins.png
37 KB, 469x182
>>683966599
His constant use of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as ridicule.
>>
>>683967802
Haha, was this an attempted insult?

You have some work to do, kid. Don't accept as sufficient those bullshit "tolerant" answers you were spouting earlier. Keep questioning.
>>
>>683968032
How is this childish? It's pointing out absurdity with absurdity, bringing it down to a level that we can all see as silly without all the obscuring traditions and other cultural biases that prevent us from truly questioning some things we probably ought to. It's clever.
>>
>>683960126
Ahaha.

You're the self righteous contrarian in this situation you dumb twat. How you can ascribe speaking rationally and plainly about how faith is a surrender of reason as being on part with scientology just shows that you're a fucking idiot who wants to feel special by not being in a group.

Dawkins has never called for banning on religion, all he wants is the eventual death of religion through rational enlightenment.
>>
>>683968551
>you're a fucking idiot who wants to feel special
Hahaha, that's it exactly.
https://xkcd.com/774/
>>
>>683968503
That is not how you deal with arguments.

You can make any argument look absurd. Just as an atheist might compare God to the FSM, a theist can ridicule an atheist's belief like in this commonly posted picture.

Not to mention this is a form of appeal to incredulity.
>>
File: at.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
at.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
>>683969348
Forgot the picture.
>>
>>683969348
>That is not how you deal with arguments.
That might not be how YOU deal with arguments, but it's a perfectly valid tactic. For the reasons I explained.

The picture you posted after has no greater point to it, and it misunderstands a great deal. They are not equivalent.
Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 35
Thread DB ID: 37696



Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.