Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

So I got into a heated argument with this bitch in class about

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 39
File: foodstamps.jpg (18 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
foodstamps.jpg
18 KB, 350x250
So I got into a heated argument with this bitch in class about food stamps and the economy. Just curious, what are your opinions on them?
>>
>>683384905
my country doesn't have them so I don't even know what they are

enjoy the bump faggot
>>
>>683385392
Thanks
>>
The system is out of control. I worked at a convenience store and perfectly healthy able bodied people would buy their 18 packs of beer with cash and an ass ton of snacks with their food stamp cards. I'd never stoop down to that level. If you can afford booze, you can afford to eat.
>>
let them fucking starve
>>
>>683384905
A stop gap that was never meant to last and does not function properly.

All the money spent building and maintaining that system would be better spent incentivizing regional farming and local grocers so that the need for food stamps goes away while simultaneously solving health issues related to "food deserts".
>>
they help people.
>>
meant to stop a full on economic collapse if it ever happens
>>
File: Nigger Above.jpg (13 KB, 426x266) Image search: [Google]
Nigger Above.jpg
13 KB, 426x266
>>683386476
>>
OP here, I argued that using food stamps only give them the incentive to not look for work because it acts like a safety net. If they do get a job, they lose all benefits from the food stamps.
>>
>>683386649
Do tell
>>
>arguing with women
>muh opinion argument
come on my dude
>>
The department that controls benefits, accounts for only 4% of the u.s. budget (USDA)

Military spending and tax code loopholes rape america many many many many many more times over.

Food stamps? Fucking chicken scratch. Mere pennies to the millionaire
Your government is raping you every time you earn, every time u save, every time you spend
>>
>>683386416
Here in Florida, unless you are a single mother, you get 3 months of stamps at a max of 160$ a month. Unemployment is also only 3 months.

Got laid off just before xmas and haven't yet found a job will cover both rent, utils, and food, so I got EBT. They give me 70$ a month despite having ZERO income.

Single white male checkin his privilege :(
>>
Grew up poor and have moved up socially as I aged, my mom used food stamps to support the two of us when we could barely afford rent, but we considered it embarrassing and shameful, and stopped once we were able to support ourselves. Food stamps (if used right and actually enforced) should allow poor kids like me to get enough to eat and properly develop into a functioning member of society.
>>
>>683384905
This one girl I know that works in a bakery at a major food chain told me about these 2 fat bitches that ordered 400.00 worth of fucking cakes and paid with food stamps.
She says she sees that kind of shit all the time
>>
>>683387158
you a millionaire? then fuck off
>>
>>683387158
/thread

they just like to keep you chasing your tail over spending on social programs, when the real waste is in the military and corporate tax breaks/refunds.
>>
>>683387300
Seen $65 dollars worth of lobster paid with Food stamps.
>>
>>683387354
Youre missing the point, dickmilk

Taxation is theft
>>
>>683384905
I believe that all poor people who need food stamps or any form of welfare should move to where it is cheaper to live
>>
>>683386711
nigger>>683386649
>>
>>683384905
should be done more like WW2 food stamps. The people ive seen use them buy the dumbest shit like mountain dew and other shit food rather than healthy food that could last them awhile.

It should be for spending on food and that way you dont have to spend any other money on food thus saving up so you can break out of poverty but poor people are usually stupid.
>>
>>683387710
taxation pays for the roads you drive on , the military to defend you and the assholes in congress tat but rape you.
>>
>>683387300
To continue the story of the fat minority land whales that can't get enough cake.
I don't mind if people need food stamps. I mean really need.
Nobody should have to go to bed hungry Because their shitty job won't let them pay rent and buy food.
But mother fuckers that just go buy beer and junk food and then hit the food bank and go home and watch cable all day in their section 8 housing just need to be shipped to Africa or something
>>
>>683387710
>Taxation is theft

Alright, make your own roads and generate your own power. Also don't think about calling police when people kick down your door to take the shit you made. You also can't press charges after the fact.

Safe drinking water and food? A thing of the past now that tax is theft.

You know whats theft? The U.S. Government stole the education of an entire generation. They convinced hundreds of millions of idiots that 10% tax was outrageously high.
>>
>>683386773
Untrue in my experience, I work a restaurant job and only bring home about two hundred some odd dollars a week and I'm the only one in my family currently working. My wife just had our first baby and she is staying home with it for the first six or so months, and because of that and the current bills we have I'm unable to afford groceries. I'm not saying that everyone should get food stamps or whatever you wanna call them, but when they are used like they are supposed to be used, they do help struggling families like mine. I can tell you that as soon as we get back on our feet we will no longer ask for them.
>>
>>683388485
Literally all things you can do own your own.
>>
>>683387158
>Not realizing how much millitary spending goes back into the econmy.
You do realize almost all millitary equipment is manufactured in the U.S not to mention the billion dollar contracts to civilian research companies.
>>
We need them just as bad as we dont. Seems like being poor all around isnt just an effect of laziness or circumstance, its how we're being controlled. Theres nothing right or wrong with foodstamps, its how people use them.
>>
>>683387586
Worked at some shity beaner market. Had a few high strung customers look down on me after not helping them out first. Saying i just work at said shity store, when they pay with food stamps.
>>
>>683388574
>get back on our feet

The reality is you are probably going to stay exactly where you are. Career advancement is at an all time standstill and at a restaurant, unless you are management or a savant chef, you have no route up.

Your wife is now the least employable she has ever been and even if she can get a job half her paycheck will be going to a daycare just so she can work.

Food stamps help you now but what is the point when you have no later?
>>
>>683388891
>Not realizing that a 17 or 18 trillion dollar debt is not "going back into the economy.
>>
>>683388779
Can but don't. 99% of people wont do these things on their own so they pay the government to do it for them and then call it theft.

The only real taxation theft is property tax because there is no way to actually own land, it will always belong to the government. But go on keep bitching about tax rates, so low that they hurt your GDP, that provide the only essential services you have.
>>
>>683384905
I just think the government should enact a measure where you can no longer buy junk food with food stamps. The same way you can't buy hot food but with chips, cookies, soda, etc. That way they could combat diabeetus.
>>
>>683389243
Uh what? Money that is spent on our military goes back into the u.s economy, infact the last bastion of american manufacturing are weapons manufacturing.
>>
>>683388891
This. That military spending is tax money being spent on U.S. goods. Cutting spending there is only a net gain if you can put it into a system that grows the economy in shitholes like detroit. Even if the money is invested in an excellent program it is still money being taken away from other American businesses.
>>
>>683389837
It's a nice idea but do you realize how many cities don't have access to any food that isn't junk food?
>>
>>683386476
>>683387184
>>683388574
This. The system does have problems yes. People do abuse it, like any other system. But people like to blow this shit way put of proportion, and act like the issues are way more rampant than they actually are. I used to work at a grocery store and no every other person using foodstamps isn't buying fancy lobster dinners and name brand groceries. Most of the brands they could get are limited by their foodstamps. And alot of the time it barely covered the shit they needed. Hated checking those people put actually because alot of times they wouldn'thave enough for everything, so they would have to think aboutabout what they needed more and what they could hold out on a little longer.
>>
>>683388905
The food stamp program has criminally negligent oversight.

If the idea is to stop taxpayers from starving how come they can spend them on booze and candy?
>>
>>683389978
But we are spending money we don't have and are not paying what we owe. Sooner or later its all going to collapse. Just like with the USSR that would look all high and mighty with their military technology and equipment back in the day but in reality it was all a ruse.
>>
>>683389132
Hope, we can always hope. I know it sounds cliche, but I do truly just hope for a better tomorrow, not in the "wish and it will happen" kind of way but more the, "keep trying your best and hope it gets better" kind. I've been looking for better paying jobs for a couple of months now but where I live, all there is are restaurants and temp stuff. But, I keep trying and that's the best I can do.
>>
Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Juices, Veggies, Fruits, Cereal, Bread, i.e normally used throughout the week stuff, try to keep away from junk food when I use food stamps; saved my ass numerous times when money was short.
>>
>>683390415
>But we are spending money we don't have and are not paying what we owe
Hi newfriend, welcome to every country ever. All capitalist countries work in deficits because of free trade whilet he shitty countries that use child/slave labor reap all the benefits.
>>
>>683390118
Tough shit. Junk food isn't food. And besides, if you really want to get food stamps so you can feed yourself and your family you shouldn't care if you are forced to buy vegatables and cooking ingredients as opposed to hot pockets and twinkies. Beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>683389888
Well used trips.
>>
>>683384905
if i have to sign up for the faggy draft the government should pay for my shit
>>
>>683390415
We have the money, every country in the world is trillions in debt.think of it this way, you can take out as many loans as you want you just have to make uour payments on time and your credit will stay good and your golden. The ussr collapsed because of ideological reasons.
>>
>>683390536
And I'm not bashing you. I honestly hope it goes well for you.

My point is a big picture issue. What is the point in spending money on the food stamps program in a country that is designed to take money from the poor and pass it upwards and then out of the country.

Food stamps address a symptom of the problem but not the problem itself.
>>
>>683390118
They said the last grocery store in Baltimore was burned in the riots.
>>
>>683390809
It seems like you don't know what a food desert is.

"here Jamal take your free foodstamps but remember! No junk food! Whats that? There is no fresh produce within a hundred miles of here? Too fucking bad!"

There are full god damned sized cities with no produce. The healthiest option are the fucking hot pockets.
>>
Let me get this right.
> Food stamps have value but are given out free
> Stamps can only be traded for food (i assume only at grocers/ bakery's)

Yet there is no limit on what you can buy with them?
I can just go in and buy nothing but chips if i so wanted?

Seems stupid
They should be tradeable only for vegetables, bread, beef/chicken, milk, flour, sugar, salt, fruit and other very basic items

Hell when i was on the doll when i was unemployed i lived off canned soup/casserole and 2 min noodles with frozen vegetables, was simple there where plenty of different flavours and each meal cost me roughly $3 AUD
>>
>>683390536
Maybe you should look into some long distance work anon. As tough as it sounds, you might find work away from your family. You may be away for some time but at least you won't be short on money and your two loved ones will have everything back at home. Also, don't be afraid to try new things such as working for a factory or whatever.
>>
>>683391687
>given out for free
On the governments dime to people under a specific income level

>They should be tradeable only for vegetables...
There are a lot of places in the U.S. where you simply can't get produce. Not coincidentally these places tend to have terrible economies and more people that need food stamps.
>>
>>683391500
What post apocalyptic city are you talking about anon? Also, have you ever heard of "frozen vegetables"?
>>
>>683392083
There are plenty. Google "US food deserts".

Frozen foods are a staple sure but they loose nutritional value and cost more than local fresh produce. Get educated.
>>
File: WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>683384905

Food stamps is like having a can of shit in your mouth and like you don't have to work for them, some women are full of shit.
>>
>>683391687
There is a limit on some of the shit you can buy.
>>
>>683391967
Not even frozen vegetables?

Shit merica there the easiest and cheapest things to get, step up.
>>
>>683384905
Everyone has a right to eat and feel comfortable. Stigma is bad. I live in a poor area where 70-80% are hard workers with some form of assistance. Its important to help each other out when it comes to comfort. I lost the ability to work in 2012 car accident crushed my back and now I leak CSF. Last year at this time I was unable to walk and had to be hospitalized for two weeks while they waited for swelling to reduce before they would release me because they had no idea how permanent it was. When I left the hospital I had already been off and on them with my weight being 115 when I was unable to eat. I almost died from an electrolyte imbalance. I have minimal use of my legs now and I was denied disability insurance because I wouldn't go to a psychiatrist to have them work with my PTSD. I almost died then starved for a month eating scraps from people's fridges that were going to be tossed out. The ability to relax and not worry where my next meal is coming from definitely helped my anxiety.
I will say the department of social services is a crock of shit. I have seen people with weight problems get disability and their stomachs stapled. That's what people should be concerned about. Obese fucks sucking down health insurance and 100$ in soda. Some people just assume food stamps is for niggers or white trash. They actually called me to tell me that I was the only case she had since she started work that needed help and wouldn't get it because I was not an addict.
>>
>>683391736
Last time I worked at a factory I almost got my arm crushed in the gears of a metal bending machine, luckily I got my hand out of my glove in time and only ended up with a few pinched fingertips. Bad experience bro, not good at all.
>>
instead of foodstamps it should be a fresh healthy grocery delivery so the welfare queens dont waste their money buying snacks or name brand shit at inflated prices, doing it this way would save enough money that the delivery would be cheaper still than the alternative
>>
>>683387586
>$65 dollars worth of lobster paid with Food stamps.

Bullshit. You can't buy prepared food with food stamps. That means no restaurants, dipshit.
>>
>>683392654
>Everyone has a right to eat and feel comfortable

Stopped reading right there. Life is struggle. To remove risk is to remove reward.
>>
>>683385675
Fuck you I can't afford both on my salary, you want me to drink on an empty stomach?
>>
File: hadescoffeecup.jpg (321 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
hadescoffeecup.jpg
321 KB, 792x825
>>683384905

Well in reality, I work OP, but I never get food stamps, got a checking and savings account, and I have a great deal of money in that savings for a international trip, possibly around 26000 dollars after long term savings, so why use food stamps if you leave work?

Food stamps is just complete bullshit. If you afford a carton worth of the most expensive kind of cigarettes in your country today, then you don't need food stamps because you can get what you want in terms of food.
>>
>>683393031

Well not really true, I grow my own natural food, though it costs a good deal of money, I don't have to go to the store to get specific things after long term time, so the more you can grow, the more you can save, it's called learn to budget.
>>
>>683385675
Why do you people believe that if someone is struggling financially with food then they should not have any other sort of entertainment or pleasure? Do you see the flawed logic here? Im sure there are some lazy food stamp users. But how do you know is he isn't just a guy coming up on a rough time and needs a little extra help, and god forbid he wants a fucking beer! Being poor and needed help does not require that you sit at home and stare at the wall until its all over.
>>
>>683392717
I dont know what its like in other parts of the world but security work has done me pretty well.

Building security is the best once you get past the starting pubs and clubs, so long as you can deal with 12 hour night shifts (which i personally love)

granted if your in a country with alot of firearms.. maybe not the greatest idea
>>
>>683392916
The laws regulating what can and cannot be purchased with food stamps varies from state to state and exemptions are common within a state. Many places don't have the agriculture and commercial infrastructure to support everyone on food stamps in that area.

Another less likely reason is that people often take food stamps from one person looking to get something that they can't legally buy with them, and sell them back to desperate people who squandered what they had.

More likely some loud apes came in and started making a scene and ruining the atmosphere and then when it came time for the bill they tried food stamps and the manager just let them go so they didn't riot in the place.
>>
>>683386773
Not true. They will give you 10$ in food stamps if you make too much. Some people just want to be trash. The worst are single mothers with five different dads. They get paid to be cum dumpsters. Then they can get their stomachs stapled and go back to work. But they don't.they just have their kids have kids and keep money in the family. White women over 160 pounds on food stamps is what's wrong. The stores aren't supposed to the the money for tobacco or alcohol. They have to extract the cash if they get it from an ATM and pay. I worked for two different sub shops/gas stations. They had the scum of the earth in every night ordering 5 sub's with only enough cash for 2. Then they'd turn us in for not letting them keep the shit they couldn't pay for. One lady pulled a wad of 100's out of her fat gross tits and asked if she could break it on one sub. Told me to keep the other. I grabbed the sub's and threw them in the garbage and told her I delivered the sub's personally to her home.
>>
File: median income.gif (19 KB, 579x390) Image search: [Google]
median income.gif
19 KB, 579x390
>>683384905
The economy is shit so there is lots of people on food stamps.
>>
>>683392972
Oh my god. Shut the fuck up. If you were in a similar circumstance as that anon I fucking guarantee you would get on some form of government aid.
>>
>>683392717
Don't be a fucking idiot then.

I am a production line lead and all our shit is as safe as can be. The only accidents are from people being idiots or being lazy and circumventing safety systems which they are terminated fired for.
>>
>>683387710
Taxation is theft? Maybe in the US cause u donz have a real democratic state, u spend billions on war, nobody cares, govermwnt wants to use taxmoney for healthcare, and murica idiots start crying about theft
... Thank god the US is so remote nodobygets harmed by theyr stupidity
>>
File: eating meat.jpg (105 KB, 400x375) Image search: [Google]
eating meat.jpg
105 KB, 400x375
>>683388891
>Implying food stamps dont go directly back into the economy
>>
>>683386773
I don't know what its like where you live, but where I live, each month you don't have employment they lower the amount of money you receive until its like $20/month and that happens pretty quick. Now answer me honestly. when you were talking to your friend, did you actually have any knowledge of how the food stamp program works (based on actual facts) or were you just going by the myth that somehow everyone just gets unlimited food stamps for life without question?
>>
>>683384905
They helped my family and im very thankful. One day, I hope to help another family.
>>
>>683384905
>what are your opinions on them?

>work job, pay in
>come across hard times, use govt programs
>get back on your feet

You know, instead of having 50 kids with 10,000 niggers and just using up every resource possible.
>>
>>683385675
This is a LIE. You cannot buy alcohol with food stamps. Google it
>>
>>683393560
That's only 9% lower (inflation adjusted) after the motherfucking great recession, and it's on the way up
>>
Majority of money goes to military spending in US.
>>
>>683393962
You can with cash assistance. Both welfare and food stamps come on the same card.
>>
Funniest thing is most people who complain about this sort of shit don't really make a whole lot of money themselves, so if they ended up without work somehow they would be in the same position as the people they are so quick to look down on. I guess we all like to feel superior to someone though.
>>
File: budget-pie.jpg (74 KB, 971x653) Image search: [Google]
budget-pie.jpg
74 KB, 971x653
>>683393982
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>683384905
>Bitch
I think what I consider a bitch is different than what you do or you would of had your teeth knocked out by now.
>Food stamps
Are college educated people in charge of that shit already?
>Economy
I wouldn't of survived what I considered what should of been an economic model. I don't think people would of lived with integrity in that system. The current system is mostly in response to what people actually do, a lot of them don't make it. A lot of us don't want them to make it.
>>
>>683392916
lol. nigga you can buy fresh live lobster from the store.
>>
>>683394159
Dude this is so true! Its usually the poor working class who's incredibly frustrated with that fact that they are essentially wage slaves living paycheck to paycheck so they blame the fraction of a penny per check that goes towards assistance programs for why they can't "make it in mericuh"... I make good money but id rather be on assistance than work a shit job everyday just cause I'm too proud to take the help
>>
File: George-Carlin.jpg (35 KB, 790x411) Image search: [Google]
George-Carlin.jpg
35 KB, 790x411
>>683394159
>Funniest thing is most people who complain about this sort of shit don't really make a whole lot of money themselves, so if they ended up without work somehow they would be in the same position as the people they are so quick to look down on. I guess we all like to feel superior to someone though.

So much this. Poor bastards making minimum wage voting for tax cuts on the wealthy.
>>
>>683384905
You're never going to convince a piece of shit welfare recipient to admit that they're a piece of shit. You just have to settle for the fact that, deep down inside, they know they're a failure.
>>
>>683384905
People on food stamps eat better than me and I work full time. Screaming welfarites wanting to eat like kings pushed the program into giving them more food stamps than they needed over the decades. I agree with food stamps, but they should only get enough to treat themselves once a week to a modest treat... and eat the same crap we working poor eat the rest of the week.
>>
>>683387184
That's awful. I feel you man. I have a spine injury and can't work. They sent a guy here asking to rent a room. He was a fucking DSS spy. I have a really scary story about when I went for my disability hearing. They asked me if I had Facebook a week before. I said no I don't use the internet. They printed out every conversation from an account I deactivated and went on a tangent saying they're the government and nothing is hidden. She even called me by my girlfriends petname. Total invasion. I have my second hearing coming up and I am afraid of what other shit they have done or seen. The doctor who saw me told me to touch my toes and I fell face first into the floor. She just checked a box while I tried to get off the floor. Never offered to help me. The system is broken. I know a 500 pound ex marine on food stamps and disability because he's fat. He's been on them since he got out. I had a huge beard and he told me he wouldn't talk to me because I was Isis. He eats cocktail onions in Mac and cheese sauce(Velveeta) is a condiment. He is racist and a piece of garbage. Yet the insurance company that won't pay for my chemotherapy or biopsy paid for his fat gut to be banded.
>>
>>683384905
I think if you're going to do social welfare then just give people fucking money instead of constraining their options, they will get more utility out of it.
>>
>>683387710
Stay off public roads then.
>>
>>683388891
The military pays 10$ for a 2$ toothbrush.
>>
>>683393582
I guarantee you I wouldn't. I had to drop out of highschool because of an abusive home. I stayed on the streets and used the YMCA while working a minimum wage job. Found factory work which was long and hard but paid $17 an hour. Worked hard and learned everything I could while every other fat ass just lazed around trying to get through the day. Moved up into a leadership roll almost 1 year to the day of starting and was eventually making $25/g with 48 hour weeks with no highschool diploma. Saved enough to buy a small house with a great lot just outside the city and I grow most of my produce and I even have chickens and goats. I manage a pharmacy now which is easy compared to a factory line.

My little slice is real fucking nice and I did it myself. The struggle I went through has made life easier for my children. They will have the time and money to learn a trade or study at university, where I couldn't.

If I had foodstamps who knows if I ever would have moved away from a shitty apartment and government aid.
>>
>>683394846
>Implying they wont blow it all on drugs and beg for food in the street.
>>
>>683384905
>got into a heated argument
I am 100% certain this was an ill-informed discussion between two morons.
>>
>>683393731
>u spend billions on war
Did you mean on military? Because that's tax dollars being spent on American industries.

Did you mean on waging war? War runs profits for the victor. Read a history book.
>>
File: stole my fish.gif (2 MB, 390x243) Image search: [Google]
stole my fish.gif
2 MB, 390x243
>>683395043
>I got incredibly lucky so fuck everyone else who didn't.
>>
>>683390358
That is cash paid to them for toiletries and clothing. The unemployed don't need new digs. They need to get drunk and pass up responsibility. I worked with spinal stenosis for two years before I gave up. People don't understand how bad fat white women are.
>>
>>683393962
He didn't say they bought beer with food stamps. He said they bought it with cash and then used food stamps on junk food. His point was 2 fold. First you shouldn't be able to buy junk food with food stamps and second, you shouldn't be getting food stamps if you can afford beer.

That being said lot of places take food stamps in trade and then spend the stamps themselves saving their money and building a loyal customer base. It is illegal but it happens.
>>
>>683390358
You're either a liar or an idiot. You can't buy booze with food stamps.
>>
>>683391500
Thank you. Someone gets it. It's easier to buy a glass rose in some areas than it is an onion
>>
>>683394159
Seems to me the complaint is about people who survive on welfare without any intention of gettiblng back on their feet and supporting themselves. So it makes perfect sense that the working poor complain because they're working hard to support themselves while others with similar qualifications feel the need to be professional welfare recipients.
>>
>>683393323
No I don't see flawed logic here. If you are struggling financially,it means you go look for a fucking job (jobs) that WILL pay for things you want to buy for recreation. Like it or not, that is how normal society works.

The food stamp program was a noble undertaking at it's inception, it is COMICALLY abused now, and is in desperate need of re-writing.

Before someone else says something stupid, Peoples Republic of Illinois reporting in, our fucking welfare state will pay for your god damn animals ( yes animals PLURAL, to get their shots, and get fixed). If you cant feed your fucking kids, you don't need cats and dogs in your house.
>>
>>683384905

Been on both sides of that coin, as a grocery cashier and as someone who had to use them. It is aggravating to see people who come in with their food stamps and buy candy bars, soda and chips. This is due to the government having a partnership with the junk food businesses etc. But do keep in mind, they use the same card for people who receive child support, and you can use the cash option to buy non-food stuffs, such as alcohol or cigarettes.

And then I received a drastic cut in hours at my full time job, I went from 40 hours to 8 during the recession with no warning. They did this across the board, meaning that everyone was cut down. While I had some savings, it would not last and NO ONE was hiring. I was desperate for food, (as I had to have my roommate buy me 5 dollars worth of ramen). I made the most of the 100 bucks a month. unemployment didn't kick in for 1 1/2 months, it was not a fun time.
>>
>>683395043
Congrats for you but not every human is wired the same. Im not trying to make excuses for lazy people but your story is an anomaly. Just because you made it does not mean that other people are as alpha as you. We must still take care of the lowest common denominator in our society.
>>
>>683394748
> Was on welfare
> Hated every day of it
> Sucked at getting a job

Now i have a good job that pays well and am paying it all back in tax.
Shit iv payed so much tax this year that iv nearly coverd everything i used in welfare
>>
>free society
>forced charity
Something doesn't compute.
>>
>>683395043
Nigger. Really? Did you even read the other anons post? Your situation is NOTHING compared to his. And I clearly said that if you were in a situation similar to his, you would most likely get some form of govt aid.
>>
>>683395043
>I won the lottery, so should you.
>>
>>683395889
Fuck all that. This isn't a unique phenomenon to humans. If you aren't struggling you are stagnating and if you champion that life style you create a species who's only goal is stagnation.

There should be a safety net to save those that fall but it can't be designed in a way that lets people just hang out in the net.
>>
>>683395091
That's a really condescending attitude to take toward poor people, who in reality are no more likely to use drugs. But for the sake of argument let's assume that's a real problem.
>There is already a market in food stamps, but selling them gets you less than the value of the food you could get with them.
>Providing some bare minimum living assistance in money would mean that everyone knows beggars don't deserve handouts
>If they buy some drugs or booze to make themselves happy, what's wrong with that? Isn't that them just saying, through their choices, that a little chemical recreation is valuable to them?
>If some people go overboard and have no money left over, isn't that just their own fault? You can't expect to prop up the dregs of society.
>>
>>683396152
there is more than one definition of freedom young one.
>>
>>683394159
>btfo of the whole thread
>>
>>683392972
Life is struggle. I struggle to walk. Let alone fucking prepare my own food. I have no cushion in my back. 5 discs to the s1 all flat. I worked for years all fucked up and dragging a foot. I have a testicle the size of an orange because I can't have it removed. Insurance won't pay for my cancer treatment either. So I am stuck with a poisoned body. Tell me you have the same problems and function enough to give a fuck. Let alone tell others they don't have a right to a full stomach or comfort of having toilet paper and don't have to take a shower every time you shit. Luxury is not comfort.
>>
>>683396367
Where did I win the lottery? Was it when I grew up with a physically abusive father and an emotionally abusive mother? Was it when I was living on the street? Was it working a minimum wage job that covered my food and sometimes rent? Or did you mean when I found a job as unskilled labor and worked my ass off to distinguish myself while not alienating my co-workers who were my only friends because I spent so much god damned time there?

I mean I wouldn't change what I did because I am immensely proud of where I am now compared to where I started but I'm having a hard time seeing where the lottery win was.
>>
>>683395638
Yeah welfare does have people who abuse it. Just like any system, its not perfect. But people like to blow the problem way out of proportion.
>>
>>683393582
Thanks for not being a self righteous asshole like the other dick.
>>
>>683396562
It's more emotionally palatable for the tax payer when the money is at least supposed to go towards feeding the needy. Giving away money sounds worse, even if the net effect is the same.

If you want spending money, get a fucking job.
>>
>>683396778
>Bad body
>Keeps trying to find work that uses body

Well there's your problem retard. Find work where you don't need to walk. Most jobs in the first world are office jobs. Hell its EASIER for you to get work like that because an employer would be afraid of getting sued for not hiring you.
>>
The bank bailout in 2008 cost taxpayers 13 trillion dollars. That was so bankers could continue to make shittons of money and continue to be bailed out later.

Yeah we should pay for food stamps in some form. Maybe not how it's set up now.
>>
>>683395762
First off this is about food stamps, not free housing or animals or whatever you are talking about. In Missouri where I live the food stamp program DOES work and there is also large amounts of money in the food stamp budget that isn't even being used! If you don't have a job the food stamps slowly diminish each month to the point where you can't barely afford to even eat for a week. This prevents people from abusing the system. Also whether you like it or not ALL humans need some form of pleasure and recreation to survive and keep them motivated. If Mr food stamps wants some beer and thats what keeps him going and able to wake up the next day and go to work or look for another job without going on a killing spree then Im happy that my hard earned fraction of a penny is going towards his Coors light
>>
>>683396981
The vast majority of people with those kind of obstacles don't make it.

It's pretty fucking heartless to demand they starve to death because you were lucky enough to get out. Hard work or not.
>>
>>683384905
I think food stamps are just one more level of control to confuse the masses. Instead of starting your own business and putting out a shingle and selling lemonade (or other bullshit that you want to make), it is just not feasible in this day and age, because of two factors: Fucking idiots that are sue happy, and fucking idiot government bureaucracy/permits /registrations/fees/etc.etc.etc.

So instead of cutting all of the red tape, and letting people just fucking make a business (even selling drugs, I hear poor fucks are already doing that off the books anyways), instead most people want 'a job'. Then what happens is with the system completely out of whack, then you get Marxist theory rising up - because the people who took the only work they could get (seeing they can't actually do what they want to do), they are 1) Not part of the product they create (ie: if you work at McDonalds, how fucking happy are you with working the frialator? Does that really showcase your artist and skilled abilities? Or are you just a cog in a machine) and that sucks and is soul crushing, or 2) the fat cats that could cut through all the red tape and that could afford the lawyers took on great risks and debts so they deserve and get the majority of the booty especially because all that your dumb ass did was push a button you stupid monkey, I CAN REPLACE YOU!

So, instead of allowing people the ability to do what they want so they can afford to live, we instead created a fucking monster of social programs that are fully worthless, and that have a very real ceiling and it is not enough to actually live off of.

The best of it (seeing I am on stamps myself and I am very much under the poverty line) is the money I pay in taxes is VASTLY more than what I get out of all my social programs added together a couple times over.

tl;dr poor ppl can't make money and in exchange we charge them more money than we give back to help them. It's a scam.
>>
>>683397467
Hes obviously too sick to work.

He should starve to death so we can give more tax breaks to the wealthy.
>>
>>683397138
You don't get it. The net effect is not the same, it's much greater because the recipient is better able to maximize utility through their choices. And i'm not talking about big wads of cash you can blow on shit, i'm talking about very low levels of income. The taxpayer could save money by replacing entitlements.
>>
File: GeorgeCarlin.jpg (363 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeCarlin.jpg
363 KB, 1900x1200
>>683397697
>>
>>683397592
You didn't show me the lucky part. I mean I see the hard part. I see the harder part. I see the part where I worked the hardest.

which part was lucky? Minimum wage jobs are every where. Factory jobs are nearly as common.

Was it the part where I worked harder and learned more than everyone around me to distinguish myself? That's not luck you entitled shit that is hard god damned work. Something most people wont do.
>>
>>683396377
But the myth is that ALL people become lazy when on food stamps ( I'm only talking food stamps not other forms of assistance) and that simply isn't true. Most food stamp receivers work or are in the process of looking for work. The system is actually very good at making sure people don't abuse it, YES some people find loopholes but its not as easy as the myths that are told. Each month you don't work the amount decreases. No one can feed a family on $50 of aid per month, and thats what happens if you aren't looking for work
>>
>>683395043
>know a guy who got hit by a truck that moves drilling rigs from location to location
>they are fucking heavy trucks if you didnt know
>when it hits his car it launches a ball hitch into the back of his head lodging it into his skull
>tramatic brain damage should have probably died
>manages to survive after 5 months in a coma
>has about a mil in medical debt
>cant work because of his injuries
>is naturally on some government aid because of his injuries

Should just be out there grinding tho right?
>>
>>683397861
>Too sick to work
>Can spend time sitting on 4chan

Then he can work data entry for enough money to feed himself. Fuck off.
>>
>>683398061
rip a very great man
>>
the funniest part about all this is it's really irrelevant to the most pressing issues that will impact the future for everyone....or was that the most depressing part i forget?
>>
>>683398092
So anyone who isn't willing or able to work the hardest should starve to death, got it.
>>
>>683397013
Agreed and there have been good reforms in the past few decades
>>
>>683387974
I love how yanks think they need their freedom "defended". since you all had your civil war and started pumping money into "defense" you have never been invaded by a foreign army.
>>
>>683398138
He should be getting oil massages by Norwegian lesbians with all that money he got from the lawsuit.

How the fuck do you think the food stamp system is the right thing for this guy you know?
>>
>>683395485
You're not taking into account that many impoverished people don't even know how to eat well. To tell them to buy rice, cabbage and beans when they don't even know how to cook, don't have the means to do so, or are too stressed/depressed to do so is wishful thinking.
>>
>>683398214
spoiled suburban kid detected.
>>
>>683398244
So everyone else is a slave to the indolent, got it ;)
>>
>>683397467
Yeah see this is kind of stupid. Because Im sure that he probably has expensive medical bills plus his other bills this is far more than he could ever afford working some office job.
>>
>>683398427
Yeah he is in line to get about 16 mil from this whole ordeal. But guess what. That sort of shit takes time. Its actually been 3 years now. Still has another whole year until they absolutely have to settle or it goes to court. But in the meantime he should have just been starving right?
>>
>>683398244
Yes. Every one who is responsible for themselves is able to work. If their body is crippled they can work in administration. If their Mind is weak they can work work with their bodies. There is miles upon miles of law protecting the invalid from being denied jobs.

If you are so severely physically and mentally disabled that it is literally impossible to work then foodstamps wont fucking be enough will it?
>>
>>683395762
funny how every angry conservative is an expert on what people should have and not have
>>
>>683397510
Shut the fuck up you shill. Food stamps need to reevaluated. Do not fucking argue that alcohol is entertainment. It is fucking poison that adds zero nutritional value tk your body, food stamps are meant to help people in need of food who struggle to make ends meet you righteous nigger.
>>
File: unemployment.gif (11 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
unemployment.gif
11 KB, 500x320
>>683398937
I wish I could be this clueless
>>
File: virididontknow.png (80 KB, 253x252) Image search: [Google]
virididontknow.png
80 KB, 253x252
>>683393433

I live in the USA, New Jersey, pretty much this clarifies a clear point.There can be some people that actually beg for something out of others because they can't get certain things with such material.

IE take this:

Debit card: As much money as you have on the card. Overdraw, and you'll use the bank's money.

Credit card: Like a loan, but on the card, can be secured or not. Secured limits how much you can spend with interest, depending on what is collateral. Unsecured, no, just higher interest and credit for collateral.

Cash: Anyone can spend, no restrictions on spending anywhere outside internet, but you can only spend what you got.

Checks: Can write, but most places don't accept, can't spend it unless it's written and authorized to the person whose name it's on, forgery at your own risk. And the risk is that it can bounce and payment can stop. Best for bill payments.

Food Stamps: > Legal usage and how you can use depends on what you mentioned.
>>
>>683398445
Who is spoiled?

The very much urban kid who pulled himself up by the bootstraps or the guy that sits on his computer and browses 4chan all day but as soon as light office work is mentioned "MUH DISABILITY" Fuck off.
>>
>>683399071
definitely fits this description
>>683394159
>>
>>683398838
Dumb fuck he obviously gets food stamp until he gets the money. He is poor and without work due to being hurt. How are you fucking this stupid.
>>
>>683398551
>Medical bills

He said he can''t get any work done because insurance wont pay. He has no medical bills.
If you are so poor that you can't pay your bills guess what, you don't have to pay them. You default and start over. A minimum wage office job (which we know he can do and will never be fired from) will give him more than food stamps will.
>>
>>683399284
If I earn enough money to buy my own food good for me. It's called being responsible you liberal cuck. If you cannot manage your own money when you have a job, you're doing it wrong. Don't give me that bull
>>
4chan is right wing. Get your opinions from multiple sources.
>>
>>683398838
Who is his lawyer? It is easy as shit to get a stipend from the company that will take care of you day to day until you get your settlement. On the flip side you can sell your stipend or annuity legally for a lump sum at a % loss.
>>
>>683399825

>4chan is right wing. Get your opinions from multiple sources.

What a smart comment, nicely done.
>>
>>683399094
>I don't like working 8 whole hours a day, taxes should pay for me to live

Entitlement is the blight of this age.
>>
File: pol face3.png (204 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
pol face3.png
204 KB, 960x720
>>683399704
>liberal cuck

I thought I smelled shit.
>>
File: hadessaywhat.jpg (10 KB, 192x234) Image search: [Google]
hadessaywhat.jpg
10 KB, 192x234
>>683399974

>4chan is right wing

I never knew that? 4chan actually is full of multiple people, you don't know who is who, also who got >>683399999
>>
>>683394846
Sounds like somebody is an econ major
>>
File: laughing2.gif (2 MB, 228x180) Image search: [Google]
laughing2.gif
2 MB, 228x180
>>683399825
>4chan is right wing
>>
>>683395638
I don't make the biggest paycheck I admit, I live paycheck to paycheck and it bugs me to kingdom come when people buy their blunts and cigarettes and 18 packs of beer then splurge their food stamps on overpriced candy and chips at a convenience store. You pay more on weed than you do your own food? Come the fuck on. Do they have no sense of responsibility?
>>
>>683394846
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 10/10 HOOOOOLY SHIT MY SIDES!
>>
I think foodstamps are for dumb niggers who are so stupid that they spend their money on shit like 200 dollar shoes instead of food. That's the idea behind it, right? I'm not against it.
>>
File: foodstamps.jpg (64 KB, 528x400) Image search: [Google]
foodstamps.jpg
64 KB, 528x400
>>683384905
Theyre helpful for a small portion of the population. To be honest tho, this would be taken care of with charity facilities.

My fat cousin thats leeching off the government shouldnt be allowed to have then but she ganes the system so she can be a lazy cunt.
>>
File: american_dream.jpg (44 KB, 305x853) Image search: [Google]
american_dream.jpg
44 KB, 305x853
>be me
>work hard
>earn a little money
>want to use it for new machinery that will increase my productivity
>Uncle Sam says I have to give it to him
>why?
>because there's niggers who get a check for every nappy little shit they pump out of their black holes
>fuck that I'm keeping the money. It's mine and I earned it for myself
>Uncle Sam says if I don't fork over my money to the niggers, he'll take away my property and put me in a cage with the niggers
>okay...
>>
I think that they're helpful and needed by some people, and abused and taken advantage of by the vast majority.
>>
>>683399399

You really are pretty stupid aren't you? You are the one basically saying no one has an excuse to get government aid. But now you are going back on the statement and saying that basically these programs do have a use?? As other people have stated time and time again. Yes there are people who find ways to abuse systems. But there are also people who legitimately need the help.
>>
>>683400521
Nice fantasy you dreamed up there.
>>
File: palutena disappoint.jpg (60 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
palutena disappoint.jpg
60 KB, 255x253
>>683399974
>>683400183
>>683399825

>4chan is right wing? I didn't know that either... Pretty disappointed that was mentioned. I don't know who is who.
>>
File: tumblr_nne3xrIvx01u606qno1_1280.png (767 KB, 839x716) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nne3xrIvx01u606qno1_1280.png
767 KB, 839x716
>>
>>683399901
Im not sure entirely. I will admit I dont know a whole lot about how all that sort of stuff works. But it seems like the company involved isn't wanting to pay a penny for any of it.
>>
>>683400521
But the roads you use daily cost money. The power companies that sell you power are heavily regulated by the government to give you fair access and fair rates. The water you drink every day isn't poisoned because of work the government does.

The tax you pay is what you owe the government for all the work they have to do so you can live.

Don't want to pay taxes? Become a freeman on the land and don't use any government services.
>>
File: whatshouldhappentoblacks.png (315 KB, 680x797) Image search: [Google]
whatshouldhappentoblacks.png
315 KB, 680x797
>>683400285

Yea, laugh at this. If offended, go here:

encyclopediadramatica.se/offended
>>
>>683400676
Boy you dumb. I'm all for people who need the assistance getting it. Everyone needs a little help sometime in their life. I have 0 issues with uncle sam taking money from me in taxes to help the needy. I have an issue with the ones who blantelytly abuse it. I seen the ones who abuse it and it is horse shit.
>>
>>683396594
Is one of those definitions to be forced to give to a charity you don't politically agree with? Of course not you silly old fool with dementia.
>>
>>683400875
Of course they aren't but they will be made to. The pay out is coming and it will likely be in an annuity or several smaller lump sums spaced out over years.

They can be made to pay immediately all medical bills and be made to give a stipend to cover the cost of food (this number will be very low). They wont be made to pay for rent or other bills because people are supposed to own insurance for that but you can take out a careful loan for all of that especially when they know 16 mil is on the way.

My concern is how fucking stupid are you that you thought food stamps were the only thing that could help this guy. American safety nets are full shit.
>>
File: bernie-free-sht-575x603.jpg (79 KB, 575x603) Image search: [Google]
bernie-free-sht-575x603.jpg
79 KB, 575x603
People put to much emphasis on welfare and food stamps.

We should be working on giving these lazy cunts jobs not giving them a way to live without work.

A very very small portion of the population should be given avcess to this service. Like some elderly that wont make it without or the disabled and not the old muh back argumebt all you heroin junkies use.
>>
>>683400551
There is absolutely no evidence that supports your stupid theory. Just because you think it feels true doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>683401204
You aren't being forced. You have a representative government. You can vote for a congressman and two senators who have influence over how your tax dollars are spent. You also vote for a representative in a federal election.

Don't like paying taxes for social assistance? Vote for people who say they will get rid of it. Not enough people think like you to vote them in? Then your ideas are unpopular. Does that bother you? Move to a country that thinks like you do. I hear Saudi Arabia isn't too keen on social assistance.
>>
File: tumblr_nmnutdq8m11u606qno1_1280.jpg (181 KB, 1250x1168) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmnutdq8m11u606qno1_1280.jpg
181 KB, 1250x1168
>>
>>683384905
It's just another crutch for lazy pieces of shit to do nothing and be social parasites. For every person that actually needs them, there are 100 niggers buying junk food and complete garbage to feed their obese nigglets, causing even more social health problems. You don't work, you don't eat!
>>
File: 1348792176405.jpg (27 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1348792176405.jpg
27 KB, 500x499
>>683401019
>encyclopediadramatica

kys
>>
>>683400429
Why are so so concerned with what other people have and what they do with it? Live your life as you will and leave them to live theirs the way they choose to, you fucking faggot.
>>
With the SNAP benefits experiencing the three-month term benefit thing, I think its not long before everyone benefiting from food stamps is going to get fucked. That's just my $.02
>>
>>683400114
Greed is the blight of this age.
>>
File: 1362666064658.jpg (76 KB, 520x822) Image search: [Google]
1362666064658.jpg
76 KB, 520x822
>>683401369
When all the jobs get shipped to china, what do you want people to do? Starve to death?
>>
>>683402088
Yeah? Cause thats gonna happen?

Nice chat everyone, in off to work.
>>
>>683401896
We like in a society where we have to pay for the social security of others. The people who work hard but make little are particularly snubbed by people who don't work or work less and are less responsible but get more because of government assistance.
>>
>>683399825
Fuck off back to /pol/ you deluded asswipe.
>>
>>683401288
No thats not how this works retard. The comlany is not responsible for his medical bills or anything. They would be if they were the ones who were at fault, but they aren't. That's what is going to be determined once it goes to trial. Just how at fault they were.
>>
>>683402000
Greed has always existed. It is an evolutionary trait and accounts for why we are the prime species on this planet.

Greed is fine when it inspires you do achieve what you desire. Entitlement is greed without the drive. Entitlement is infinitely worse.
>>
File: mexican gardner.jpg (147 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
mexican gardner.jpg
147 KB, 600x447
>>683402221
Watch out for rocks while you're mowing.
>>
>>683402236
You're concerned only because you're a petty asshole. Why don't you care more about how much you subsidize those who are already wealthy? Why is it always the poor you concern yourself with?
>>
>>683402000
Too much of either isn't very good, and there are enough people on earth to ruin us either way.
>>
>>683401896
Because I don't feel it's justifiable to have to pay taxes for a program that's supposed to help people in need but in turn only gives to people who have the means but refuse to.
>>
>>683402638
Enough people in america *

my mistake
>>
>>683394159
The thread should have ended here
>>
File: book.jpg (14 KB, 200x308) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
14 KB, 200x308
>>683400959
>road fallacy
>we got a road cuck over here
Roads are paid for through a GASOLINE TAX.
Why can't you road-cucks realize that income tax is illegal? We never had an income tax until the kikes took over the money printing press in this country?

I don't want the government regulating the power companies. History has shown that regulations RAISE the cost of power.

>Same with the fallacy "without gubbermint the water companies will put poison in the water"
How would that be good for business?

You seem to think that regulators are these benevolent geniuses sitting around working out ways to make things fair and balanced.
In reality, regulators are POWER TRIPPING POLITICIANS who sell out and pass regulations that benefit the highest bidder. It's cronyism. Regulations NEVER help the consumer. They're designed to stifle competition and benefit the corporate interests who are paying the regulator to write the regulations.

Srsly, read a book.
>>
>>683402359
A police investigation is enough to determine fault as far as a stipend goes. They WILL have to pay his medical bills plus a tonne of punitive damage when they are found guilty in court. The bills can be delayed until then in many ways including legal action but a loan is much easier.
>>
>>683402440
Social Security is called an entitlement. How is that "greed without the drive" when we all pay into it by working? It's our fucking money.
>>
>>683402609
I am not only concerned with poor leeches, but that is the theme of this thread. Should poor people be able to leech off the system indefinitely because they are willing to accept a lower lifestyle. The answer is a definite no.

That doesn't mean that I am for my taxes going to pay for bailouts and misallocated funds for government officials and their business interests. There is no need to be deliberately obtuse.
>>
>>683402700
Again, why is it ok to subsizide millionaires and billionaires then? Why always the poor?
>>
>>683384905

as someone thats been on the foodstamp program, here is my opinion and experience:

the entire system is broken. Food stamps are a great idea and im 100% behind them. The problem however is the approval/qualification process and the blatant corruption in the offices of the government employees.

Basically theres this very small window where you qualify for them. They say you have to be working a minimum of 20 hours a week, but cant be making a certain amount of money. This is both hypocritical and retarded because I myself was literally told that I was too poor for foodstamps for not receiving enough hours at my job to qualify. I fought the process and they told me to go apply for unemployment instead because i could not win, despite being homeless, since i was considered legally unemployed for working under 20 hours.
However, as I was going through the signup process, I noticed that every fucking foreign piece of shit that walked in there was getting approved. It just so happened the entire staff was armenian and mexican, and low and behold, all the armos were getting approved without any questions even asked.

The next time i applied for them, i was actually jobless, living on peoples couches, and in dire need. They finally approved me, but it only lasted for a short period, then they canceled them on me without even asking me if i needed an extension. At one point, they also reduced my payouts from 220 a month to 160. They have no phone number you can even call, because the government downsized their employees and now funnel all calls for any social service to 1 number

tl;dr version: basically food stamps are fucking hell to get unless youre a filthy fucking foreigner and of the same race as the people working in the offices. The government doesnt care if youre starving to death, and their unemployment offices are even worse. They dont even help you find work anymore
>>
>>683403119
Yet you call the poor "leeches".
>>
>low income people complaing about low income people

Its beautiful really
>>
>>683403135
It's a two way street. It's not okay in the matter of the rich being people like everybody else but on the other side people feel like they make enough money and should contribute greater. There's no right or wrong because everyone feels differently, especially when it depends on the class they are in. If there's a better way to make it equally fair to everyone go ahead. Until then I'll just bitch because we got leeches in the lake and my bloods running thin.
>>
>>683384905
Everyone is always bitching about $36 a year they pay toward foodstamps but are blind to the $6000 they pay in corporate subsidies.
>>
>>683403548
a lot of this thread does seem to be somebody looking for someone to disagree and argue with
>>
>>683402797
>GASOLINE TAX

The fuel tax is only a subsidization of the cost of maintaining roads. It does not cover the whole cost and it does not cover the cost of building roads. That being said it is a triumph for economists that they were able to get the gasoline tax in the first place.

>regulations RAISE the cost of power
There is zero data showing this and it deliberately misses the most important part which is the absolute fair access so you don't suddenly get fucked over when the rich near you want all the power and you don't even have the option to buy it.

>water companies will put poison in the water
Hey, genius. Ground water is already poisoned. Even if you take away all the industry it is still more than likely going to be poisonous. That's how the planet works. It costs money to clean on an industrial level to supply a city and that cost is covered by the government because it is their job to ensure water is safe.

You tell me to read a book but you don't seem to understand the basic operation of the world outside of human influence. Without the government as it is now you would be dead real fuckin quick.
>>
>>683402919
You pay less into social security than you take out.
>>
>>683403288
No, I said poor leeches. Leeches that are poor.

I never said the poor are leeches. There are plenty of people that use those systems to get back on their feet and then never use them again.
>>
>>683402797
You must not realize that with out any regulations companies could essentially steal from you with no repercussions.Also just cause someone writes a book that doesn't make it fact.
>>
>>683403869
All those points are covered in the fine book I cited for you, but you DIDN'T READ IT. IT'S AS IF YOU WANT TO STAY RETARDED FOREVER!!
>>
>>683392414
Even then it isn't as if hot pockets become the healthier option compared to frozen vegetables.
>>
>>683387266
This. What a great argument for a social safety net.
>>
>>683404519
We read books and weigh the information presented with what we already know, then we check the information to see if it rings true. This is how we discover truth. Books save you and enormous amount of time in this endeavor.

Regulations never help the consumer. You've been taken in by a myth.
>>
>>683403976
As if all that money is not collecting interest over a lifetime of working.

There are also a great number who die before they are able to collect, money that stays in the pot, subsidizing everyone else.
>>
It's fucking ridiculous. My next door neighbors daughter has two kids and is getting food stamps for them even though she gets money from their dads and she lives in her parents house. Her dad is a trucker and makes big time money so they're set. She claims she pays rent which is bullshit. Pisses me off. They would have so much food that they would give us some of it cause they had no more room in their fridge.
>>
>>683404695
>cites one book
>Implies it has all the answers

Listen, I know you are excited that you got all the way through a book for once but it doesn't change the fact that the government puts in work that 99.9% of people make use of every day. The tax is paying them for that.

If you don't want to pay them for it legally, tell your governmental representatives that the work they do isn't wanted.

I mean, I feel you, I really do. The only tax I pay is property tax and if I could avoid it I would. I work a job that I love that pays just enough to not owe (I get a tiny refund each year at tax time) and I spend my free time on my farm where I grow most of my food.

I hate paying tax but I'm not some libertarian with blinders on. The tax money you pay goes to essential services among other things. Some countries have very high tax rates, 50% and up, and while they only take home "half" of their paycheque, that half goes farther than a 90% American paycheque because of all the other savings that government taxes are able to afford.

So you either think taxes are stealing because:

>The money only goes to government paycheques
Which is objectively wrong.

>The money isn't being used effectively
Which means your government is stealing your tax money and you should do something about it.

Either way taxation is essential and is not stealing.
>>
>>683387266
You. This is the thread. You are it.
>>
>>683387184
/end thread right here

this pretty much sums up both the food stamp and unemployment system. everytime i hear some fucking retard say 'theyre just lazy and living off the system', i both want to laugh and punch them at the same time. These people literally dont know a single thing about whats actually going on in the world. The unemployment payouts are so fucking abysmal that no human could possibly live off them, no matter what city/state you live in.

I too was also getting 70 a week unemployment payouts (because my job was fucking me in the ass and only giving me 0-8 hours a week), and the new system sets a total possible payout amount, so even if you have a full year approved, the payout only lasts like 6 months. and if youre working, but your job is fucking you in the ass (like mine) and only giving you 8-12 hours a week, they try to reduce your payouts to 13-0 dollars, which is why i started lying and saying i wasnt getting any hours at all, just for my measly 70 dollar a week supplemented income. between my job and unemployment, my total income was 400 dollars a month. theres nowhere in the US you can survive off 400 a month.

i was also registered and going to the unemployment job agency thats supposed to help you find work, and they literally did 0 for me. never once looked for work for me for 6 months straight despite me calling them weekly. the only job offer ive gotten from them was for a job 40 miles away from my house.

our government is run by such fucktards, its unbelievable. 20+ years ago, if you went into the unemployment office, they found you a fucking job. im 100% willing and able to work, yet they dont give a fuck. theyve literally turned the unemployment office into just another temp agency trying to score money off getting the best qualified candidates jobs
>>
>>683404776
>Frozen vegetables

Frozen food looses some nutritional value. Frozen food is also more expensive than fresh food. Why spend tax money on a program that gives more tax money to people to buy frozen food instead of spending it on a program to build up localized agriculture to provide people with healthier cheaper food? It's more efficient now and will pay dividends later.
>>
>>683389132
You're right, we should start shooting the poor.

No future why live?
>>
I dunno about other states and shit but there's people still begging on the streets here, meanwhile the fags with foodstamps could easily pay for their own shit and just insist on abusing the system. If it's genuinely like this everywhere then we as a country are better off without that bullshit.
>>
>>683384905
>what are your opinions
arguing about food stamps is retard
>>
>>683405300
Uh..what country are you living in? If it is the U.S. or Canada there is no social security money left for you. The babyboomers have used it all up. The only way there will be social security money for you is if there is a population boom and there are more people paying into it than there are people collecting. Read a newspaper from 5 years ago. Social security fund is fucking gone.
>>
>>683405897
Freezing food actually doesn't make it lose any nutritional value. That's a very common myth though.
>>
>>683406017
as i wrote in my story above, its because of all the red tape traps the government sets up, to avoid having to actually give up that tax money to the citizens in need. they want to hoard every penny they can and make it insanely difficult for anyone to get help.

just look at the pathetic state of homeless shelters. there arnt nearly enough of them and theyre hellholes so bad that homeless people rather sleep on the street then stay in one. they do nothing to rehabilitate those trying to get their lives together. just more red tape and law abuse, feeding the poor into the legal machine to make money off throwing them in jail

then the rich and politicians try to brainwash you into hating them for supposedly stealing all the tax monies, as they themselves hoard 90% of the economy in their bank accounts
>>
>>683405909
The point wasn't that social aids should be designed to stop people from becoming impoverished in the first place, not just give them food when they can't buy it.
>>
>>683405711
These people dont want to hear the truth though. They want to keep saying the same tired old story of people. "Buying lobster dinners" and eating like fucking kings.
>>
>>683405658
Listen to yourself.
Have you ever even thought about the term "property tax"?
You have to hand over your money, or the government will steal your property, which means it really isn't your property at all, but a rental. That means you have no property. You're being swindled without even knowing it.

There's many good books on economics that can open your eyes. I cited one that covers everything and is fun to read with lots of examples and references interesting history. Tom Woods has some great ones as well.
Read titles by Murray Rothbard or Adam Smith's "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations" for a more in-depth and rigorous treatment on true Capitalism.
>>
For starters, I live in an incredibly downtrodden and shitty city here in the States. Flint, Michigan, to be precise. I've worked at convenience stores where I've been told by the owner that I have to accept EBT as payment when people use it to buy booze, smokes, and lottery tickets. I've worked in a grocery store where I've rang up people who are buying tons of junk food and other bullshit with EBT. Now, I work in a warehouse, and I have a coworker who is friends with the boss, so she's able to have him report that, due to the nature of our job (we ship auto parts until all the day's orders are done, so we sometimes have 4 hour days and other times we have 14 hour days), she can only work 3 days per week as a part-timer.

The thing is, that's not the case. He is misreporting the amount of hours available for her to keep her at a particular threshold of time worked per week. If she goes over a certain amount of hours per week, her benefits will be cut.

I know and know of dozens of people like this in my area. The myth of the Welfare Queen is alive and well around here. Meanwhile, I "make too much" to qualify for the EBT program, even though I'm only over the limit by 25 dollars. That extra 100 bucks I could be saving on food could be used for saving for a vehicle, or even just set aside for an emergency fund.

It's a great concept in theory, however, it lacks the necessary oversight to prevent abuse.
>>
>>683405043
>We read books and weigh the information presented with what we already know

Which is why we only read books that we know in advance are going to jive with our pre-conceived notions.
>>
>>683406600
Well the right wing media does go to great lengths to convince people it's true.
>>
Your country is full of guns and you want to ban food stamps? At least try and think a little bit before you vomit out your neo-conservative jerk-off material.
>>
>>683406226
Freezing things (especially plants) causes cellular damage and renders some of the nutritional value to be undigestible. Simple physics. Fresh produce also naturally has enzymes that will cause a loss of nutrients when frozen, that is why industrial frozen food suppliers blanch their produce before freezing to deactivate the enzymes. Blanching itself also leeches out nutrients into the water but not as much as boiling or by freezing fresh vegetables.

Even if the nutritional value was preserved completely. The cost of frozen food is higher than fresh both in production and to the consumer.

Also you seem to be privileged enough to never have lived in poverty. There are many cities now where several generations in a row no longer know the basics of nutrition and cooking because it isn't taught in mandatory education and then you give them free food tickets and expect them to make healthy choices when none are available for hundreds of miles.

The question was what is your opinion on food stamps and the only reasonable answer is they do not even address the issues they were meant to solve.
>>
>>683397467
Not that guy, but I also have vertebral disc problems. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about if you think that guy's levels of chronic pain just affect walking.
>>
>>683397467
landing a cush office job is literally the most difficult job to find in america these days, and its dominated by mostly women.
>>
>>683407327
I'm an athletic therapist, and i've worked in physio clinics before. Can confirm that chronic back pain is no joke.

Leads to depression, social upheaval, loss of work, marriage breakdown and all sorts of other fun stuff.

How we treat chronic pain is a problem easily as convoluted as food stamps.
>>
>>683406859
>but a rental
Exactly, because that's what it is. The land is owned by the government and they lease it out. If I could buy it I would but it was theirs hundreds of years before I was born. it was never my property and people that thing they are entitled to it based on how governments have always worked they are entitled whiners.

Property tax is the only tax I pay and for that I gain all the benefits that the government has to offer not least of which is police I can call when some libertarian hipster tries to use the land I pay for to live rent free and a government that keeps the threat of invasion away. What's that? No country is going to invade another anymore? Talk to Crimea and Palestine.

You say I'm getting swindled but you have it exactly backwards. I am paying a small fraction of what I make to live in the safest country in the world.
>>
File: elie_wiesel.jpg (148 KB, 1092x728) Image search: [Google]
elie_wiesel.jpg
148 KB, 1092x728
>>683407047
You kidding? Some of the most enlightening books are the ones full of bullshit.
>>
>>683402797
Gas tax doesn't even pay for 50% of road maintenance in this country.
>>
>>683407327
If It's fine to browse the internet all day and go spend his food stamps on junk food then its good enough to do light duties.
>>
>>683407664
This guy gets it.
>>
>>683407668
>citation needed
I suppose you think a portion of the federal income tax pays for roads?
>>
>>683407572
>cush office job

Reality check infant, all office jobs are cushy compared to physical labor and administrative jobs are more abundant than any other job.

On top of all that, disabled people can't be passed up for an opening or fired from a job because of their disability.

It is work he has proved to us he is physically capable of. It is easier for him to get than most of us and easier to keep.
>>
>>683407091
These people would cream their fucking pants at the thought super strict regulations on food stamps. But then lose their minds when you start talking about stricter regulations on guns. Its fucking truly comedic
>>
>>683392654
>Everyone has a right to eat and feel comfortable

lol get the fuck out. How have you not swallowed a bottle of aspirin yet since Bernie dropped out
>>
>>683384905
Let me guess: single mom
>>
>>683407969
This is dumb because a business can turn down disabled people very easily because of their disability. They just cant say that is the particular reason they didnt hire them
>>
Honest talk right here /b/
My family used to use food stamps for a while I've no joke been super far on both ends of the economic spectrum at one point in my life my dad was making 6 figures a year. And anothe I I lived in a van.
Food stamps should go to those who need it to support their family and get back on their feet, also they should be drug tested monthly. Now I'm just gonna say we used to use food stamps because my dad had to take care of me and my sister by himself....
Eventually we got out of it and where fine for a while but he decided to move so me and my sister would have better opportunities this took a major toll financially and we ended up living in a van for a year on shear principle of not free loading or asking for food stamps, however I still went to school and got good grades so I would never have to do that in my adult life.

Tldr give it to people who actually need it and Re actually looking for work or just have a crap job and shitty circumstances
>>
>>683407980
>Bernie dropped out
Lol i googled.

He wouldn't drop out if he didn't get the democratic nomination he would run independent. He's an old man. It's now or never.
>>
>>683408157
You have never been in a managerial position. Do you know how much extra paperwork there is to cover our asses in case there is an investigation. There is essentially a corporate mandate to never turn down some one with an obvious disability and there is no chance I could ever fire one of my disabled employees without them committing a blatantly illegal act or an obvious contract violation. Lucky for me the few disabled people I do employ are great people that work hard.
>>
>>683399704
Actually, part of the rations given to the roman citizens was wine. It was considered a necessity. So I am sorry you don't embrace the beliefs of the greatest civilization in history faggot.
>>
>>683407664
>The land is owned by the government and they lease it out.
This is a recent development. People have always owned property.
I suppose your computer isn't yours because the government owns the molecules and lease them out to you?
That's how it is in France. Government agents come in "your" home each year and appraise all of "your belongings" and charge you a tax on them.

Some states like Texas don't have a property tax, so your property is actually your property there.
>>
>>683395043
>Someone actually wrote this
How many people, actually successful people go through the same track? You, one person out of millions, manage to do it so now it's something that can be done by everyone? Whether your story is true and how I would feel about it is irrelevant, the point is you're lucky.
>>
>>683385675
why does it matter though?

If someone on food stamps went out and did something with their friends once while they were in between jobs no one would bat an eye, but if that event was a BYOB birthday party and the expense some cheap beer you throw a hissy fit.

you judge a country on how it treat its poorest worst off citizens, that is why North Korea and countries in Africa fails, there are rich people there too but the poorest people are so fucking poor that it does not matter.

same applies to us, if we want the world to look at us like we are better we have to actually be better, and not for the top elite that have it nice regardless of where they move due to wealth but for the bottom people

my point is that the system might be flawed but the fact some people are able to afford a minimum of luxuries through the system is not a flaw, if anything it is a testament to our superiority
>>
>>683407969
What do you mean by "cush" exactly? Just because a job isn't physically demanding doesn't mean it cant be mentally demanding.

>>683407754
And just because a injury maybe physical in nature doesn't mean it cant hamper your mental abilities as well. And lets not pretend it takes much in the way of mental aptitude to browse, and even post, on the internet. As is evidenced by these two posts in question.
>>
>>683399825
4chan was never right wing. 4chan rewards posts that have a lot of comments. People do not reply to threads they agree with. It's a boring conversation. People respond to posts that they disagree with. Essentially 4chan is exactly what you do not see.
We are not racist, sexist, and majority of us are liberal.
4chan just rewards trolling.
>>
>>683407908
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.uspirg.org/sites/pirg/files/reports/Who%2520Pays%2520for%2520Roads%2520vUS.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi04pmkzszMAhUh_IMKHQcxDccQFggjMAM&usg=AFQjCNHrCzBptHz1YaujU488mMQp4LmM2A&sig2=o93er0yadkXrz7VjDBdGpQ
>>
>>683407980
people like you dont understand how the world works.

when people get to the level of starving/desperation, crime rises. this means more murders, robberies, theft. this countries current model of dealing with problems is to ignore them, penalize the people in need for being in need and then talk shit on them for being in need, or pretend to help while not really helping at all. either way, they all lead to the same results.

its kinda like how los angeles thought they could just build overpriced apartments in downtown la and the poor people would be forced to go away/disappear into magic fantasy land. now all the rich people living in those apartments are getting robbed and murdered like fucking crazy and the city cant figure out why
>>
>>683408563
>Rome
>greatest civilization in history
Thanks for the zozzles, friend.
>>
>>683388472
the major flaw here is that it is somehow legal to not pay people enough to cover both food and rent/bills.

seriously, why should the government cover that for you?

Times have obviously changed, up the pay!
>>
>>683408647
>This is a recent development. People have always owned property.
That has never been the case. Certain concessions have always been made during the foundations of countries but once borders essentially became finite without war governments stopped selling land and started leasing it. Your parents couldn't own land and their parents couldn't own land.

>your property is actually your property there.

No it still U.S. soil and it belongs to the government they just aren't charging for it.

I'm sorry reality isn't what you thought it was.
>>
>>683408782
Jeeze you'd think those rich people would exercise their 2nd amendment right and invest in some weapons to deal with the robbers.
>>
>>683395043
>factory that paid a dropout 17 dollars an hour

LOL
What is hilarious is that someone on here probably thinks this is a true story.
Go on craigslist and show me one factory job that will pay a zero experienced drop out for 17 an hour.
Please do, I would love to see this magical world you live in.
>>
>>683391967
> murica dont produce

Nigga what? America produces enough food for half of the world
>>
>>683408834
>implying it wasn't
>implying all western civilization isn't built on the roman empire

Sorry you're a nigger or a weaboo
>>
>>683409005
>I'm sorry reality isn't what you thought it was.
implying your reality is any more real than his
>>
>>683408491
Im actually beginning to doubt you are in a managerial position. Because it is certainly easy enough to get around hiring disabled people. As far as getting rid of them. I guess you can say it is a little bit harder, because they have to actually screw up in order for you to fire them. Obviously you can't fire them because of their disability, because then you are just asking to get yourself in trouble.
>>
>>683408671
Show me how it was lucky. Show me that what I did can't be done by anyone.

The only reason this couldn't happen is if you don't have the drive to be successful or you are unemployable. There will always be more minimum wage jobs than there are people because the service industry still caters to people who work in the service industry. Anyone who doesn't mentally or physically need supervision can become financially stable and if you aren't mentally or physically fit to work then food stamps aren't going to magically fix your problems.
>>
>>683398379
Did you ever try to think as to WHY that is? Who in their right might would attack someone who has a huge army?
>>
>>683409005
When the U.S. was founded, people owned property, and it was the government's job to protect it for you. That's why people organize governments. Why is this such a tough pill for you to swallow?
>>
no matter where you stand on the issue of social programs like foodstamps and unemployment, one thing is inevitable:

in the next 20 years, america is going to have to figure something out/completely redesign its infrastructure, or its going to completely collapse and become a third world country. The amount of available jobs is gradually declining as jobs become obsolete or fields become overfilled, and new jobs are not opening in bulk. meanwhile the population is skyrocketing. this year alone, we have seen a HUGE babyboom. theres not going to be any jobs available to these kids when they grow up. unemployment and need for food is going to vastly outweight the amount of work available and shit is going to hit the fan in a major way.

seeing as america refuses to change ANYTHING, i feel that theyre just going to let it happen and take no measures to prevent it. were going to end up like cold war russia, with massive breadlines
>>
>>683391687
communist.
Its nice to hear you republicans deciding on the government to interfer in normal peoples lives and make decisions on what their diet should be. Hopefully they'll get used to it and start demanding that all people start having their diets regardless of income because the government knows whats better for you then you do. After all, your weight problem is making america look fat.
>>
>>683409038
they paid him that much because he worked the hardest of anybody ever.
>>
>>683409222
Boom.
Trips don't lie my muhfugga.
>>
>>683384905
rape
>>
>>683409272
Go on craigslist and show me a factory job that pays 17 an hour with zero experience or education.
You're not lucky, you're just lying to win an argument.
>>
>>683409272
so the people who are "aren't mentally or physically fit to work" should just starve to death and save you $0.10 a paycheck?
>>
>>683409476
Which didn't even work for him because his story got btfo regardless
>>
Ex walmart cashier here, used to have ape families come into my line all the time and buy out all of the poptarts dorritos and random other assorted garbage and swipe right on through with their EBT foodstamps card. I had transactions that were easily 600$ + all of them niggers. Yet at the same time a very pregnant woman who wouuld try to use WIC would have to make 15 trips back and forth accross the store to make sure she had the most healthiest brand of bread or eggs and could only buy 13 dollars worth of produce. Saw this on a daily basis for the 7 months i worked there.
>>
>>683408693
>cush
Sitting in an environmentally controlled building in a comfy chair with water and washrooms available on a whim. All office jobs are cush. Go to india and tell the 5 year old kid making your nikes that your job isn't cushy. Go to central Africa and tell the bones wrapped in skin that are digging through the mud looking for insects to eat that your job isn't cushy.

There is no job in the U.S. that isn't cushy that doesn't pay bank.

The fucking guy sits at home and browses the internet just fucking fine which means he can go get an office job and do fucking data entry which isn't mentally demanding at all aside from the fact that office workers still think its okay to fuck off and browse dank memes while on the job.

Easy to do, we know he can do it and it's cushy as fuck.
>>
>>683409272
You managed to find a fairly high paying job with no high school diploma and managed to buy a house and make your own produce. I won't bring my own personal bias into it so i ask you how many people you know who did the same thing. There's working hard and then there's lucking out and finding the right door.

Had you actually gotten a degree or simply managed to support yourself financially, that would be very believable. But you own your own pharmacy and make your own produce with your own home off no high school diploma. Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>683409186
It's certainly getting to be more like Rome, with all the Bernies flooding into Washington for the last hundred years.
I'm surprised that straight white males aren't being thrown to hungry lions yet tbh.
>>
>>683409413
lol, thats not how factories work. Your manager is given a certain budget for people to employ. They spend that limited budget on staff. No one says "zomg! You work so hard at at muffin steel We are going to pay you almost twice as much as the average employee!"

You are an uneducated fuck surrounded by other uneducated fucks whose only skill is lifting heavy shit. I do not need to pay you 17 dollars an hour, because I can just hire another uneducated faggot who can lift heavy shit for 10 and regardless how "HARD YOU WORK!" you don't work harder then TWO people. You are not twice as fast, twice as strong and I don't have to pay as much for two guys working 30 hour shifts for 10 dollars an hour as much as I have to pay one guy working 40+ hour shifts for 17 an hour. This isn't brain surgery. He is just lying.
>>
>>683409597
You live in a fucking fantasy land.
>>
>>683405897
Frozen food is actually has more nurtuion since fresh food is taken off the vine before it's ripe and frozen food is picked when it's ready
>>
>>683395762
people like you are the reason i feel bad for needing to use fucking food stamps
fuck this shit anyway im going to end it later so i don't even fucking care anymore
have fun with your petty little existence
>>
>>683409038
Pay stared at $15 and there were incremental pay raises for people who ran the harder machines. Being able to run any of the machines on the line meant just over $17 an hour. The fact that I was the only one in a factory that employed over a thousand people distinguished me. It also let me learn a lot about the machines. Knowing how the machines worked and their timing let me do the work that a process engineer does and I worked out a more efficient system without having to spend money or move machinery. Showing that level of commitment and my understanding of the whole process is what got me the lead job which ended up paying $25/h.

At no point was a diploma needed or asked for. The lack of diploma did come up at the interview for my current job but a simple explanation of not being given the chance to finish coupled with my relevant and unbroken work history mad it a non issue.
>>
>>683409597
Obviously the conversation was about a physically intensive job vs a more mentally intensive job. We weren't talking about the state of impoverished people around the world. Because guess what, even the most physically demanding job in the U.S, out in the heat with climate control, pales in comparison to that.

And as far as that anon is concerned I'm not smug enough to sit here and say I know his condition well enough to say what he can and cannot do. And I am not going to make any sort of assumption on said abilities based on the fact that he can post on a website such as 4chan.
>>
File: rage.jpg (6 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
6 KB, 216x233
>>683409938
No that's totally how it is if you;re a hard worker. You're just a lazy freeloader who wants to live off my hard work.
>>
>>683409084
It isn't distributed evenly, even within the U.S.

There isn't even government regulations requiring fresh produce to be available in food deserts even though there is literally a government body who's original task was doing exactly that.
>>
>>683410063
Show me a factory that pays someone with no experience for 15 dollars an hour.
Laborers start at ten maximum nigger.
You are just making stuff up. Its ok, I know you are a worthless idiot.
>>
>>683409222
It is, I deal in facts. The fact is the U.S. government does not sell land to citizens. You can only lease it.

Is that not fair? Maybe. Is it stealing? No, you are renting the land.
>>
>>683410044
Nigga why would you feel bad about it? He is just an ill-informed fool, who is most likely a couple missed paychecks away from being in the same situation as yourself, who is trying to make himself seem superior to someone else.
>>
>>683410063
>company of 1000
>you were the only one who could run all the machines
>this must be possible for everyone even though you know that it put in a great, rare position
Jesus, you're not even trying anymore
>>
>>683409938
He is baiting you kek
>>
>>683407112
>The question was what is your opinion on food stamps and the only reasonable answer is they do not even address the issues they were meant to solve.

They feed people. That's their purpose.

The loss of nutrients from freezing is negligible. What do you think happens to your magic enzyms when you cook them?
>>
>>683385675
I can't believe hoiw unembarrassed people are to use food stamps. They're basically a sign around your neck announcing you're a fuckup.
>>
>>683410467
You would be suprised. Alot of people are embarrassed to be on that shit
>>
>>683410381
not too mention all that great local produce in states like texas where you can grow um..
cactus fruit
and um
toxic mushrooms
>>
File: lighting-cigarettes.jpg (19 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
lighting-cigarettes.jpg
19 KB, 300x200
>>683410063
>didnt graduate highschool
>does the work of a process engineer

How high are you going to pile the bullshit?
>>
File: tin foil hat.jpg (12 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
tin foil hat.jpg
12 KB, 350x262
>>683410231
whatever dude.
>>
>>683385675
You shouldn't be able to use food stamps if you're holding alcohol. Should make a law against it so the faggots have to take the booze back to their car or home, and then return to get the food separately.
>>
>>683384905
Personally, I think it's a good thing. I've never used stamps in my life, but I consider myself lucky. I've always had a steady job, but you never know, man. One day, I might just get in a rut, especially now that I'm getting older I think about the shit more. It's tougher for older guys to find work (you're either overqualified or they're looking for a fresh face right out of high school). I just see it as we're all looking out for one another and only a handful of fuckers truly abuse the system. It's a small dent not even worth mentioning for the countless lives stamps saves. Plus I don't like to see children starving at all.
>>
>>683410467
actually, I work at a convenience store. You can't tell if its food stamps, unemployment, disability, or cash assistance. They all use EBT cards. For all this fuck knows, this guy had a 20/phr job and just got laid off for the summer because work laid him off while they negotiated contracts.
>>
>>683390567
His does it feel knowing you fucked up multiple tonnes to need food stamps? The fuck are you doing with your life? I'm a retard and never had problems affording food.
>>
>>683409268
We are also subject to investigation if we fire some one for breach of contract and a complaint is made. If there was some one I wanted to just get the fuck out and I fired them for something insubstantial like low performance and they complained, we would be investigated. If there was misconduct we would (rightfully) be fined punitively. Moreover, they wouldn't even need to file a complaint, they could just sue us.

Here is an example that happened two years ago. We had a worker who had a special schedule allowed to her by her former manager years ago. We were restructuring the department and were easily able to keep everyone with the same weekly hours but the schedules had to be stream lined. Most people were okay with it, some were upset but this one fucking cunt went insane and started swearing up and down that we were bullying her out of her do nothing job.

Despite the fact that we were ethically and legally in the clear she quit and tried to sue us for 40 grand in all sorts of little charges. Even though she had no justification and we would have won the court battle she got a 5K payout to stay out of court plus her severance. If we had actually fired her we may have had to go to court or at least the payout would have been much higher.

It is not easy to fire some one and anyone that tells you it is has never done it.
>>
>>683410467
>youre a fuckup

yea its totally someones fault that they unexpectedly lost their job, and the economy sucks so much that they cant just bounce into another one. jeez. why arnt we all just born into middle/upperclass families with houses to live in
>>
>>683409314
The boarders weren't settled at that point which I already pointed out.
>>
File: smiles.gif (1 MB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
smiles.gif
1 MB, 236x177
>>683410627
couldn't have said it better myself
>>
>>683391500
This is because of demand. Inner city niggers don't want healthy food so no way in hell is a Whole Foods going to take a chance opening up for a bunch of niggers. But if they actually acted like humans and wanted healthy choices and not to burn the city down, the food would be there.
>>
File: buy more money.jpg (46 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
buy more money.jpg
46 KB, 500x393
>>683410807
>>
>>683391487
So, as usual, the problem is jigaboos.
>>
>>683410764
depends on your state. Right to work states its difficult to fire someone without a cause. In my state, the boss can just say "I don't like your face" and fire you.
>>
>>683410231
Your reality: Government owns everything and you have to crawl to it begging for sustenance.

My reality: The People own everything and they create government to protect their property and lives from thieves and tyrants.

my reality > your reality
>>
>>683410728
Apparently you are pretty retarded considering you can't see that there are circumstances, out of ones control, that might land them in a situation in which they need help.
>>
>>683410687
>I work at a convenience store

More embarrassing than food stamps
>>
>>683410889
>Whole foods
>implying not just overpriced garbage for hipster idiots.
>>
>>683411037
do you even work?
>>
>>683410467
>hurr durr my rich mind cant understand why poor people like food stamps
we don't you fucking faggot i hate having to avoid conversations about money constantly
it's not easy living like shit you arrogant fuck
>>
>>683411037
I go to school as well.
Started off at a community college and transferred to a university.
Its a job I can do while doing homework.
Not embarrassing at all.
>>
>>683411007
No there isn't. You are in control of your life. You can take actions to better your life. Everything that happens in your life is a result of choices you make.
>>
>>683410764
You are right. It isn't easy to fire someone. But as long as you have a legitimate cause you should be completely fine getting rid of someone. Disabled or not.
>>
File: cookie monster crack.jpg (10 KB, 245x234) Image search: [Google]
cookie monster crack.jpg
10 KB, 245x234
>>683411188
>it's not easy living like shit you arrogant fuck

at least you got dubs man.
>>
>>683411188
Just an hero already.
>>
>>683409476
>Craigslist

There is your problem. The only factory jobs you are going to find like that are contract positions with an employment agency. Avoid those like the plague. They will use you up and terminate your contract at will with no legal implications.

At the risk of sounding like a baby boomer you have to hit the pavement on this one. I went to the industrial sector for a job fair, which turned out to be contract work so I left it paid more than the job had but it wasn't stable. I kept looking around and chatted up a few people at food trucks on break and sent out feelers. Most guys were friendly enough to chat with, they were on break and I'm a guy just looking for work.

I kept sending out cold calls to the places where people mentioned that they were short people. I got a few interviews and finally landed a job.

From the fair to my last interview was just over a month but I wasn't out every day because of shift work.

Was I lucky that a place was willing to hire unskilled labor for an unskilled labor position? Maybe but I literally pounded the pavement for a month while still working to find that job.

The only luck I had was that I don't live in a shithole where I have to dodge bullets while looking for work.
>>
File: laughing1.gif (1 MB, 271x189) Image search: [Google]
laughing1.gif
1 MB, 271x189
>>683411211
>Everything that happens in your life is a result of choices you make.

lol. you must live a charmed fuckign life.
>>
>>683409338
move to europe as work immigrants, we want you here much more than we want the third world people

come to Norway!

https://www.nav.no/en/
that is our official gateway to jobs in our country and should contain all information you need, don't hesitate to contact them, they can speak english
>>
>>683411324
Tell me how its not?
>>
>>683411262
in good time
>>
OP here,
Holy shit this got more traction than I thought.
>>
File: board_renters.jpg (83 KB, 740x453) Image search: [Google]
board_renters.jpg
83 KB, 740x453
>>683410815
Your mom's boarders were settled at that point.
>>
>>683411211
You are quite literally retarded aren't you? Unforseen events can happen that you have no control over. You can get laid off and be unable to find sufficient work. You can get injured or sick preventing you from work. Things out of your control can happen.
>>
>>683411362
Drunk driver crashes into you at a stoplight.
Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 39

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.