Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | Blowjobs | Archived.Moe | 4Archive.org [Home]
4chan archive logo
I've started learning about Nikola Telsa...
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 21
File: images.jpg (36 KB, 467x315) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.jpg
36 KB, 467x315
I've started learning about Nikola Telsa in school, this guy was a genius.
Why haven't or weren't his inventions implemented?
Why don't we have free electricity yet?
>>
>>682764459
Electric power as a some kind of resource or a quantity doesn't really exist. It's an energy transfer tool to transfer kinetic energy from place to another mostly.
>>
>>682764459
Because free stuff is comunism
>>
>>682764459
His inventions are replicable and solar panels exist today, with enough of them you could power an entire household for all the electricity an average day's worth of power requires with minimal cost.
>>
>>682764459

Electricity is just a controlled flow "released" of energy. The process of converting that energy requires considerable cost and effort at the present time. It shouldn't cost what it does, but there are a number of industries and countries that spend a very large amount of money to make sure energy never becomes too plentiful.

Ever wonder why the USA has been bombing the middle east for 60 years?
>>
>>682764459
>free electricity
it doesn't work like that
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nikola_Tesla_patents
>>
>>682764459
If you want free energy grab an old calculator. If you want TV and heat for millions of people you need power plants because they are more cost effective.
>>
File: tesla.jpg (12 KB, 236x222) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tesla.jpg
12 KB, 236x222
>>682764459
while tesla was alive many of his inventions were poorly understood
even that retard edison had no fucking clue - he would rather we run everything with DC and look over here, we are roasting elephants
at the time of his death all his shit was seized by the gubmint until they could figure it all out and no doubt much of it has been
>>
File: tumblr - Tesla.jpg (44 KB, 403x403) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tumblr - Tesla.jpg
44 KB, 403x403
>>
hive mind >>682767101
>>
>>682764459
Because the CIA murdered him and stole his notebooks and suppressed his ideas an texchnology. Sad really.
>>
>>682767101
>gubmint
sure it wasn't the soviets?
>>
>>682766271
That's the reason?
>>
Because underage b&.
>>
It takes more than just genius to change the world you gotta have balls Tesla was a man with no spine he was a pathetic weakling
>>
>>682767607
The US wanted nothing to do with Nikola Tesla. The soviets took in his inventions right away
>>
He was also max autistic. Hah OCD, cared for pidgeons to the point of creepyness, and claimed he had a super weapon
>>
>>682766546
What about using kinetic energy to produce electricity? Some Children's play parks in England use this to power the lights kids push each other round on the roundabout lights go on
Free electricity though not viable for homes as people are too lazy
>>
>>682767962
weird, if the soviets sure collapsed in a hurry for having the secret plans for unlimited energy.
>>
>>682768075
>nigger never heard of Tunguska
Joking aside, he never really said he had a superweapon, what tesla said was
>I have the scientific wherewithal to split the earth in two
Which really only implies he could build one
>>
This is something we're starting to see more and more as socialists have taken over education and the media you have the "stupid evil capitalist Edison" versus the poor misunderstood intellectual that was Tesla the fact of the matter is even if Tesla was smarter they were both geniuses they both invented very important things and they both contributed to the advancement of civilization the only real difference is that Edison was a functioning human being and Tesla was an neurotic autist
>>
>>682764459

You obviously havn't studied tesla much. We use a huge amount of his stuff including the entire north American power grid. We use induction in many applications as wel.
>>
>>682768304
He was speaking metaphorically you twat.
>>
>>682766546
but it could dumbass
>>
>>682767690
Communism is evil.
>>
He was smart but thomas edison fucked his shit up
>>
File: image.png (13 KB, 594x690) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
13 KB, 594x690
>>682764459
>Jews
>>
>>682768910
Sure if you want bigger government with even more control.

Grow up kids. Eventually you will learn the government is the most inefficient way to do anything. Anything they do can be done by a private company twice as fast for half the price. It's been over ten years since they announced the retirement of the shuttle and they still don't have a replacement. Private space industries did it in a fraction of the time and cost.
>>
>>682764459
Because Edison was a relentless, cock-gobbling business man and not the inventor bs American schools teach.

Source - 12 fucking years in the American education system.
>>
>>682769194
Yeah and then you have companies like Lockheed making the F35 that went massively overbudget and underperformed. Private companies aren't always the answer kid.
>>
>>682769327
> implying Lockheed Martin isn't using government money and isn't doing it at the direction of the government
>>
File: 1446396217177.png (212 KB, 450x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446396217177.png
212 KB, 450x290
>>682764459
>>
>>682769327
Wah wah wah the government created a huge fucking mess and this private company made some money off of it we need more government and less private companies
>>
>>682769071
>fucked
jewed you mean
it's the american way tho, washington would have been proud
>>
>>682769626
So somehow a private company isn't a private company if they have a government contract? And where are these magical private space shuttles? Have any of them actually achieved their goals yet? Last I checked the only real way to get to space was to use old Soviet technology.
>>
>>682769819
>A private company fucked up
>Must be the government's fault
>>
>>682768880
Yeah? Tell me more about this man you've never met. Im just repeating what he said, you shit sucking cunt.
>>
>>682769896
That's just proof that the government is inefficient if the government knew what it was doing it would be able to allocate its funds better we would have fewer welfare Queens and more space shuttles
>>
>>682770134
>>682769896
cant we just agree that not all governments and private companies are created equally?
we got some companies that outperform gov
and some gov that outperform companies
>>
>>682770204
Right, cause the correct allocation of funds will just solve all our problems
>>
>>682766424
>minimal cost
>implying solar panels aren't expensive, have a low yield, need rare earth's which happen to be (rare - lol) fossils aswell?
>>
File: readImage.jpg (19 KB, 409x393) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
readImage.jpg
19 KB, 409x393
>>682769327
False equivalence

You can't compare running a day to day operation like providing utilities to building experimental stealth aircraft.

Learn to argue better
>>
>>682764459
All theories with no actual object to test or procure any results. In the past scientist could of said many things and people would listen. E=mc is now a silly theory that scientist are breaking the law physicist.
>>
>>682770134
The government is the one throwing all the money away it's not Lockheed Martin's money that's being wasted it's taxpayer money so of course it's the fucking government's fault
>>
>>682764459
cause capatilsm and we need an excuse to kill brown people you kill them for no reason people look at you funny
>>
>>682770341
Pretty much, you must have no concept of how much money goes missing let alone how much is being spent on worthless shit like military bases in every fucking country.
>>
>>682770484
No......just.......no
>>
>>682770484
> E=mc is now a silly theory that scientist are breaking the law physicist.
I don't entirely get what you're trying to say, but where was einstein proven wrong?
>>
Because edison was a cunt and the world would be a much better place if he had died in the crib
>>
>>682770321
That's what I'm saying but these guys want to suck corporate cock.

>>682770403
You have no argument and no knowledge on the subject. I thought private companies were perfect, infallible and infinitely more efficient than government organizations like NASA. What happened?
>>
The powers that be do not want renewable energy resources. They do not want things available in un-quantifiable amounts, because if it is available in mass amounts for little to no effort, then you can't very well charge money for it. They do not want answers to problems. They want customers and slaves.
>>
>>682770341
It would go a long way to solving a lot of them if we use our money more wisely if we stopped giving it to Niggers and stop wasting it on ridiculous boondoggles like the the f35 we would have more money to spend on things that are important like defense and infrastructure
>>
Like my comment if you're black
>>
>>682770577
I know there's a lot of problems that won't be solved by throwing money at it, no matter how judiciously its parceled out.
>>
>>682770511
But wait, can't private companies provide massive advances in technology at a fraction of the cost and time? So why can't this private company deliver? Why is their project so over budget? Why is it behind schedule?
>>
>>682769327

Lockheed
>private industry
>>
>>682770551
So you're saying that all governments in the world controll all scientists and stop them from developing a new energy source, that no country is intrested in getting rid of fossil fuels, and probably that the jews are responsible for this?
>>
>>682770757
The F35 is a defense project you mongoloid
>>
>>682770627
Sorry to destroy your stupid dreams of sucking on telsa and Eisenstein cock. Both were stupid compared to the new modern scientist. Their laws and equations now are like a joke used in middle school and precal
>>
Anybody claiming Tesla's PATENTS were just theory has done 0% research on the matter.
>>
>>682768246
This is being worked on. There are a few designs out there for turning ocean waves into electricity. Main problem is getting that electricity to all the dumb fucks in the midwest.
>>
>>682770878
Name one thing that disproves them. Just one. Go ahead. We will wait.
>>
>>682770794
Wait, I missed the memo that said Lockheed was owned by the government. So when did that happen?

Oh wait, it didn't.
>>
>>682765960
>Electric power as a some kind of resource or a quantity doesn't really exist

uhm ... methinks you need to re-open your physics book. Like ... A LOT.

electric potential energy is a seperate form of energy - kinetic energy CAN be used to induce the former and the other way around but thats about it.
>>
>>682770878
>relativity
>joke
>e=mc2
>joke

Nigger you don't know fuck all. Those are two very important features of physics
>>
>>682770868
No it's a world policing project it's not about protecting America it's about spreading influence
>>
File: sweg.png (162 KB, 431x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sweg.png
162 KB, 431x298
>>682770878
you're wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYEdJmcPro
>>
>>682770878
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are funny man
>>
>>682770484
You realize it's yet to have been falsified, right? . Theories are always work in progress, and we only use them while we see they work. Theories are not proven correct, recall, they can only be proven wrong - and to date, there has not been a single example of einstein's laws being the slightest bit incorrect.

you know those particle accelerators? E = mc^2. The accelerators regularly convert small atomic masses into pure energy and back during collisions.
>>
>>682771111
QUADS for truth!
>>
>>682764459
>muh Tesla meme

Half of his shit was theoretical and couldn't be adopted until about five years ago. There's a reason the dude died broke and pining about a homing pigeon.
>>
>>682770793
Private companies make money they can make money by providing products but they can also make money by fleecing the government it's the the government's job to make sure that it isn't being taken advantage of
>>
>>682771019
Ever heard of plausible deniability?

The exact reason contracting in govt exists.
>>
>>682771111

quints dont lie
checked
>>
Quick info for everyone going on about free energy or cheap generation:

Energy is the total capacity of a system to do work. As in, what it can output as work in any form given the input. There is no free energy, as in with no input, nor is there over unity work - produce more than the input.

ALL of Tesla's actual discoveries (and not conspiracy bullshit) are learned in year one in electrical engineering, and are common knowledge to every engineer out there.

People seem to think of energy as this fuzzy nebulous cloud of "power" instead of what it is. Back in his days, Tesla did think he could encircle the globe in cables and use Earth's rotation as a generator. Turns out, it does not work like that. Still we use the effect in aircraft to an extent, as they are able to induce current when moving counter to the planet's rotation. Terribly low current, but enough to power horizon and compass, at least. As in, basic navigation. But not an entire grid.
>>
>>682771174
0% research. You did it all.
>>
>>682770640
This
>>
>>682771055
Welcome to military spending. Any "defense" spending is actually about killing and domination. Don't fall for dumbass propaganda like "Ministry of Defense". It used to be called what it was, the Ministry of War.
>>
>>682771290
Nigger, his electric engine wasn't feasible until major advancements made it feasible. Tesla was too far ahead of his time, and didn't even realize it because of his neuroses.
>>
>>682770914
He started something that needed a more advance theory to actually show results. Take this concept.. Be you in the past sit in a park and write a research paper claming that water comes from the clouds.. People go wow! You give them a equation and call people that question your theory idiot... In the future some Chinese or Indian student actually finds a equations to make clouds therefore rain. But he is forever overshadow by your bullshit theory.. Hence telsa
>>
>>682764459
His stuff worked, and something mysteriously happened to him, and his inventions had all vanished.

Some say that big oil companies obtained them to keep them out of the hands of the public to protect themselves.
>>
>>682771004
You do the research
>>
>>682771278
There are ways to produce the energy needed to keep our civilization stable without depending on fossil fuels. Main point of all this butthurt
>>
>>682771051
That can be broken
>>
>>682768246
>Implying I wouldn't just send my nigger out to run in the giant hamster wheel outback?
>>
>>682771188
So wait, the original argument was that private companies were great and we should forget about the government but now I'm being told that private companies aren't so great and we should have more government.

>>682771218
You're a retard
>>
>>682764459
The guy was ahead of his time that's why they did not like his ideas >Edison
>>
>>682771380
So you're saying, because his ideas were more advanced, he didn't know what he was talking about... motherfucker what?
>>
>>682771478
Mostly it is nuclear. Our consumption far outweighs current renewable sources. Our solar energy coefficient is what, 13-16%? Laughable.
>>
Cold fusion is not too far away. Scientists are very close to solving this.
>>
>>682766271
basically this... if there was anything to his ideas this would have killed it in the USA
>>
>>682771587
Yes... He just had theories. Like a science fiction novelist writing a book of outerspace
>>
>>682771685
you are a retard cold fusion is a joke
>>
>>682771587
When did I say he didn't know what he was talking about?

He was out-of-touch and out-of-scope, and some hipsters made it a meme to suck his dick AFTER we got to the point where we realized
>Holy shit, this Tesla dude was on to a lot of things!
It's not that he was exceptional, it's that it became exceptional to jack off about him. I'm waiting for people to make Pascal a meme, personally, or Aristarchus.
>>
>>682771587
More like he imagined things how they could be, not like they can be in reality. Future fiction rather than factual observation and reality-based ideas.
His induction postulates turned out completely false. We cannot generate electricity from atmospheric induction as he proposed.
Before you whine conspiracy, go ahead, read up on conspiracy websites and go win a Nobel by publishing actual results.
>>
>>682771750
So was quantum physics not too long ago. Think again.
>>
>>682764459
Because "Free" electricity isn't free.
There still has to be equipment built and maintained to make it work which would cost a fuckton of money. Either someone (or several people) with a fuckton of money would have to sink a lot in to fund it, or everyone would be required to pay some new tax to fund it and it can go to shit like the rest of government run programs.

You CAN have free energy now if you just hook a bicycle to a generator, it just requires a fuckton of work from you to generate the energy. If you don't want to do that then you have to pay someone for the collection/generation of energy that you want.
>>
>>682771685
Yes as a guy sitting his doc office getting ready to be groped. I say cold fission is imnposible because you sir are a quack scientist that jerks off from wiki info
>>
>>682771824
He means it is a literal hoax, there was never progress in it, let alone to be close. It is not even considered possible in the standard model.
>>
>>682771824
Quantum physics is also a joke. Nothing more than theory at this point.

Theory =/= actual science
>>
>>682771603
You realise that there is a man with a patent to build solar panel highways, right? But it would take "too much money." Money is paper. We have the technology to advance our civilization, the powers that be don't want us on an even plane.
>>
>>682771750
Me if you believe that you are a fucking retard. There are 5 agencies in Huntsville, AL alone who have applied to DOE permits to work on cold fusion ech, and nuclear propulsion in the last year?
>>
>>682771554
I never said anything about companies being good companies aren't good or evil what they are is out to make a buck if they can do that by Saving Lives they'll do it by Saving Lives if they can do it by burning baby pandas to death that's what they'll do it's the government who has the great big leaking holes with money pouring out it's to be expected that private companies are going to latch on like parasites and when the government makes money it's my money and your money and everybody who pays taxes it's not theirs that's the problem
>>
>>682771442
Damn Nigga you been quiet for a long time.. Are you still researching wiki??
>>
>>682771738
You're an ignorant son of a bitch. He built prototypes of almost all his theories
>>
>>682771894
And everyone had a good laugh at it, retard. It is not possible under any stretch of the imagination, he just mooched crowdfunding shekels.
>>
>>682771889
tfw Gravity is a theory
>>
>>682771920
Spends* not makes money
>>
>>682771894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4
>>
>>682771982
Lol nope he made stupid dangerous show off toys with no actual product other other then amusement
>>
>>682771738
Tesla = Star trek writers
Aaaand im done for today
>>
File: 1462091687339.png (16 KB, 444x439) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462091687339.png
16 KB, 444x439
>>682766424
>solar panels are extremely expensive
>you have to make sure there are zero trees around you
>you have to be changing their position all the time to get the optimal amount of energy
>you have to be cleaning them all the time
>they degrade just like any other electronic
>If you want electricity at night you're going to have to shit out more money for a battery system
>the battery system will eventually fail too so you're going to have to keep buying that


Anyone who think solar panels is a good idea doesn't know shit about solar panels.
>>
>>682764459

if it worked it would be out there. it's not what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFoPSlr03aM
>>
>>682772024
Sure is
>>
>>682771894
They won't be too efficient overall, and especially in traffic jams.
>>
>>682771986
>>682771894
not to mention putting things that need sunlite on theground where they are constantly coverd by cars. also they would break every couple years. put your thinking cap on
>>
File: ....jpg (243 KB, 800x571) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
....jpg
243 KB, 800x571
>>682771750
>cold fusion is a joke

uh ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER

In about 20-50 years, the very first fusion reactors will go live, probably even produce energy for a few, selected homes - and a few decades after that more reactors will be built, actually powering parts of the world, young one.
>>
Several middle eastern countries have free electricity.
>>
>>682764459
do a little (lot) research on the freemasons, illuminati, NWO and your answers for most anything else that comes your way in life will be answered.
>>
>>682771920
Private companies aren't perfect and infallible. Neither is the government. There are plenty of companies with great big leaking holes in them and there are plenty that have gone under.

Stop sucking corporate cock
>>
>>682772267
>Alex Jones
>>
>>682772178
cold fusion and fusion are different. fusion would be great. cold fusion is a fraud
>>
>>682771442

In my entire time on the internet I've never seen that phrase used by anyone who wasn't a howling moron.
>>
>>682772178
They said the same shit almost 100 years ago my Nigga.. And dragons will return to the earth
>>
>>682772210
It's not free. The west pays for it with their oil consumption.
>>
>>682764459
The proposed method of giant antennae is completely impractical. First of all, you throw away massive ammounts of energy. Radio antennae do just that. They consume many kilowatts of power so that your radio several kilometers away recieves about a miliwatt of it (which is enough to amplify into sound). Most of the energy is radiated into space.
And even if you made such things in the orders of gigawatts to decently power homes several kilometres away you would create electromagnetic fields so powerful they would destroy all electronic equipment. Also, larger conductive surfaces or closed loops would become extremely hot due to induced currents. It would be the same as putting your phone in a microwave oven.
>>
>>682764459
>learning about Nikola Telsa in school, this guy was a genius.
>110 replies and 8 images omitted

I don't have time to read the thread, but...
Tesla invented the AC induction motor.
Bravo!

EVERYTHING else about him is bullshit.
He was a massive fraud, not nearly as bright as he portrayed himself, and gave us almost nothing beyond the ac induction motor.
>>
>>682772161
Yo you're still thinking in terms of money. I'm thinking in terms of free and equal society.
>>
>>682772377
They also said man would one day fly 100 years ago too.
>>
>>682772373
Are you mad stupid anon?? Are you going to say that you took a online IQ test that surpass 1,0000000 and soon you will become a super smart saying and beat cooler ?
>>
>>682772492
Nothing is free
>>
>>682764459
because the means of transmitting it wirelessly are not feasible currently, despite what he claimed.

This is later in his life, and after much stress and his mental issues starting to magnify.

To date, there is no method of wirelessly transmitting power without incurring signifcant losses.

That is why. No conspiracy. No stupid stuff like that. its just hard to do.

Its not so hard to send, which he had worked on and you can get his plans for that

what he didnt do yet was receiving. maybe he wouldve figuerd that out too, but idk. He didnt, and thats all that matters because its why we dont use it.

if ppl post emails ill send you a zip of a bunch of books and pdf of his/about him
>>
>>682772283
How does saying that private companies are just out to make a buck they're not good or evil mean that I'm sucking corporate cock
>>
>>682772477
Tesla. Coil. Ffs you kids don't even try
>>
>>682772492
why am i arguing with a potato. It practically makes me a potato
>>
>>682772328
fuck alex jones, hes a fake. He only tells half the truth.
>>
>>682772509
Technically we can't fly...but we can use items to defey the theory of gravity
>>
>>682772563
This
>>
>>682772563
No, it takes the labor of man. But we labor every day. We could make our labor worth 100X more
>>
>>682772377
>They said the same shit almost 100 years ago my Nigga
... no, they didnt. They prayed to some random "god" everyday.

>>682772364
>cold fusion is a fraud

you will have a lot of reading to do, young one ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion
>>
>>682772676
it doesn't defy it at all
>>
>>682764459
>Why haven't or weren't his inventions implemented?
>Why don't we have free electricity yet?

You are clearly too lazy and stupid to find the answers yourself. Piss off, retard.

/b/ is not /spoonfeed/
>>
>>682772690
Your mother is free.. Except she has some std now...better tell her to check her self
>>
>>682772676
and don't forget that gravity is just a theory, not your actual reality. Just a mathematical equation designed to explain a made up event.
>>
>>682772178
jesus christ you are now confirmed retard. fusion =/= cold fusion. fuison power plants could be viable but cold fusion is just simply bullshit
>>
I don't know the context of what he was trying to say there. But there's two main problems with renewable energy.

1. The setup costs. We can expect those to decrease the more that industry gets behind it and the more jobs open up in that sector.

2. Actually transferring the power generated to other places. If it was as simple as building a generator we'd just build a metric fuckton of concentrated solar's in the desert. There needs to be a lot more investment in the energy grid infrastructure.

There's also the potential environmental and economic problems with individual projects but you get the same problems with nuclear or coal-fired power plants, so suck a dick.
>>
>>682772178
You stupid hick. ITER will not do cold fusion.
>>
>>682764459
JFC..just learning. What...12?
>>
>>682772600
Your argument has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion and you're holding onto the idea that only government misspends their money.
>>
>>682772803
impressive skills m8. realized your an idiot... so ur mom
>>
>>682772866

>A made up event

Jump out a fucking window son.
>>
>>682772373
I miss you anon... Are you slamming your keyboard full of chettos and pubic hair because someone know and called you stupid ?
>>
>>682772563
this guy
solar, wind & geothermal energy are pretty much free
fruit grows on tree's pretty much free
>>
>>682772676
I'm sure they meant that man was literally going to fly (by himself). They were attempting to build "flying machines" for quite some time, dating a long time back.

Also Bernoulli's principle as applied to wing design isn't defying gravity, but rather countering the effects of it by an equal opposing force.
>>
>>682773046
>Bernoulli's principle
>wing design

pick only one

for fucks sake, the scientist wanna /b/ s
>>
>>682773046
Big words.. I bet you are the nerd pimple faced neckbeard wearing fedora sock sandle wearing bad ass in your class or mother basement
>>
File: jungolJit.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jungolJit.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>682764459
because why would America spend her good time and money building a system to replace what we already have and what already works, and then do so in such a way that niggers in Zimbabwe can build dangerous bootleg antennas to sap off our grid and run electricity through coat hanger resistors in order to make bootleg cockroach moonshine?
>>
>>682772907
I never said that what I'm getting at is when the government spends its money it's spending taxpayer money when a private company spends money it's spending its own money unless the government is giving it an opportunity to behave like a parasite McDonald's isn't wasting my money as a taxpayer Lockheed Martin is because Lockheed Martin has the military contract
>>
>>682772892
but it will do fusion, you stupid hick.
>>
>>682773014
Fruit grows because it uses resources from the earth. It does not grow freely. If the ground is used up plants no longer grow and fruit can not be harvested.

Harnessing solar, wind and geothermal is not free because you have to build devices to harness that energy. People have to make sure that those devices are still working properly. Is their work and labor worth nothing? You also don't have unlimited resources to build these devices out of and they have to be placed in the right spot. None of those things are free. They all come at a cost.

"Pretty much free" is not "free"
>>
>>682772113
>>682766424
The problem between you two is that you're too far in your directions. Solar is a greatly viable source in the Central US (really most places near the equator), and largely dessert places such as the India, or even the Phillipines (but they can hardly afford health care so solar's out of the question).

Anywhere else really, fuck it. Especially anyone who pushes for solar in Canada or Northern Europe.
>>
>>682773265
Because the current institutions are making the planet uninhabitable for ALL of us?
>>
>>682764459
duh... the dude has his own car company.
>>
>>682773401
Then why did you reply with the link to a statement against COLD fusion?
>>
>>682773401
the topic was cold fusion not fusion. and iter is actually just going to be a test if producing energy through fusion would be possible at high enough efficiency, which means that it won't necessarily even work
>>
>>682770878
>telsa
>Eisenstein
Good luck making murrica great again, kiddo
>>
>>682773401
Fusion is high-temperature fusing of atoms, not low-temperature fusing, which is cold fusion, and is impossible.
Fusion is a thing, cold fusion is not.
>>
>>682773387
Alright, you just don't seem to get the role of government or where private companies actually get their money from.

You have basically zero understanding of reality
>>
File: 1296540147877s.jpg (15 KB, 252x241) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1296540147877s.jpg
15 KB, 252x241
>>682773630
>>682773724
>>682773801
>>
>>682773790
>>Clinton
>>Trump
>Good luck making murrica great again, kiddo

ftfy
>>
>>682773526
solar energy can actually be viable for household use in northern europe or canada.
>>
>>682771487
yes, by Dr.Who
>>
>>682773434
Is the end result not worth the labor?
>>
>>682773907
Four months of the fucking year
>>
File: db0.jpg (26 KB, 349x642) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
db0.jpg
26 KB, 349x642
>>682773866
okay go home mouthbreather and don't try to do science anymore pls
>>
File: 124534567584356.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
124534567584356.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>682769896
SpaceX recently landed one of their reusable rockets onto a platform floating in the ocean. They also send supplies up the the ISS.
>>
File: 1311446809562.jpg (86 KB, 600x338) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1311446809562.jpg
86 KB, 600x338
>>682774084
>>
>>682773837
You see how you just didn't make a point right there all you did was attack me see that's the signal that you've lost the internet argument and it's time for me to retire in Victory
>>
>>682773957
In a lot of cases it really isn't. Solar isn't particularly efficient and is ridiculously expensive. Wind is really only useful in (go figure) windy areas.

So once again, it's not free
>>
>>682770678
Straw man argument

Learn to argue better
>>
>>682774221
tfw Wind *is* solar power.
>>
>>682773966
well explain why there's working solar plants in finland if they wouldn't be worth it
>>
>>682771278

> turns out it doesn't work like that

You know a generator is copper coils around a rotating core of iron?

You know that the earth's center is partially made of molten iron?

And there has never been a madman crazy enough to build an earth-spanning copper coild to work as a generator.

So how can you say it has never been tried? I'm not even saying its feasible or practical, but you cannot say something doesn't work until you have tried it.

Just like everybody laughed at the idea of EM propulsion, and then some outcast inventor made an EM propulsion system that WORKS.
>>
File: ISIS-flag.jpg (419 KB, 2500x1726) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ISIS-flag.jpg
419 KB, 2500x1726
>>682774114
>They also send supplies up the the ISS.
>supplies up the ISS
>ISS

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SUPPLYING TERRORISTS??!!!???
>>
>>682774139
do you even try
>>
>>682774300
We fly high explosives to them on rockets.
>>
File: 1311446860285.jpg (92 KB, 492x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1311446860285.jpg
92 KB, 492x600
>>682774336
>>
>>682774221
Those are not the only renewable energy sources. Point being, we have the technology to be independent from fossil fuels, which are destroying our ability to survive on this planet.
>>
>>682774202
No, because you keep making the same point despite me telling you that your point is wrong and retarded. We could keep going back and forth but your assertion that private companies are great, infallible and perfect money making machines is wrong. The idea that government agencies only waste money is wrong.

You have no argument and you haven't won anything
>>
>>682774265
That was the original argument. Keep up, anon
>>
>>682764459
because lol physics
>>
>>682774446
No it couldn't possibly be that you're misunderstanding my point on purpose I never said that private companies are perfect I said that private companies are out to make a buck and if the government gives them the opportunity to waste everybody's money they will do it not because they are evil but because they are out to make a buck
>>
>>682774408
No we don't we have IDEAS not actual technologies. We have THEORIES and not actual solutions. The original assertion was that these things are free which is simply not true.

Your assertion that we have these things right now is also not true.
>>
>>682774609
Keep up with the original argument. The original argument was that private companies are far more trustworthy and efficient than the government, thus we should trust in private companies. I have shown this not to be the case but you keep saying your worthless and unrelated point like it actually means something.
>>
>>682774620
I said we have the technology. Not that the technology was constructed and in place. And I stated that the value of moving towards these technologies supercedes our concept of cash money.
>>
>>682770347
Solar panels are artificially expensive to make it a non-viable alternative to paying for power.

Also, there are infra-red panels that operate much better than solar, but we'll never see them because it will eliminate our need to pay for electricity.
>>
>>682767101
Edison didn't invent shit. He had his students come up with it, then he stole the credit without mentioning them
>>
>>682774408
>>682774446
>>682774609
>>682774620
>>682774734
>>682774774
>>682774821
>>682774842
blah blah blah SHUT UP NERDS
>>
>>682774774
Not if these technologies turn out to be dead ends. We don't have the technology if we can't implement it and make it work.
>>
>>682774926
Go flip burgers
>>
>>682774734
Okay you go right ahead and argue against the point that you want to argue against I suppose if idiots didn't have straw men they would never win an argument
>>
File: 1406770283949.gif (1 MB, 260x173) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406770283949.gif
1 MB, 260x173
>>682774842
ahhh The Cult of Tesla

Tesla = Jesus
Edison = Satan
>>
>>682774985
The only reason we can't implement these things on a significant scale is because of dollar signs.
>>
>>682774821

> Artificially expensive

Nigga solar panels are artificially cheap because the only country that mines the rare earth minerals needed in the production process are located in China, where they shit on the enviroment and have an entire lake which is multicoloured with pollution and mountains of radioactive tailings polluting the enviroment there.
But it happens in Chinese mongolia, and none of the the Western enviromentalists ever go there to see how many corners are cut to enable their "green revolution"
>>
>>682774734
private anything is retarded.

private property ownership and the ability thereof eventually all leads to greed.

government control of everything is the only way to get rid of greed.
>>
>>682775022
Wait a second, what are you even arguing at this point? Your points have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion and you don't seem to have any understanding of reality. You keep saying my arguments are straw man arguments but you don't even seem to understand what that means.

Shut the fuck up you colossal retard
>>
>>682774926
It's a thread about Nikola Tesla, you backwards fuck.
>>
>>682770484
>E=mc is now a silly theory that scientist are breaking the law physicist.
I once had a schizophrenic friend who thought she was a duck at times. One night she had a bout of psychosis and wandered off into the night. I found her by the local pond, and tried to talk her into coming home. She just crouched in the water and quacked at me; I had no idea what she was trying to say. However, I think back to that night now, and I realize that her quacks made more sense than your comment does.
>>
>>682774991
>>682775305

>taking the b8
>>
>>682775225
government is made up of people... government is greedy
>>
>>682769194
You obviously have no sense of history when it comes to this. Stuff like energy and clean water is way to important to be trusted to a company that is for profit.
> flint michigan
> cochabamba bolivia
>>
>>682775120
>located in China
I don't know about that. I'll have to read up on it.

They may well be cheap to make, but they sure as fuck aren't cheap to buy. The profit on them is huge, because it's treated like a one-hit markup rather than profit over time.
>>
>>682775225
found the communist / lazy ass who doesn't want to work to get their stuff, because "why when the govt will give it to me for free" faggot.
>>
>>682775225
Well look at that, it's the opposite side of the retarded argument.

>>682775112
So what you're saying is that these things aren't actually free and implementable on a large scale? You're saying that we don't have the technology and we don't actually have the solution to the problem? Thank you for agreeing with me.
>>
>>682764459
Tesla really was as brilliant as people say. Unfortunately he had horrible business sense and suffered from many mental issues leading him to never capitalize on his ideas. Edison and a particular banker fucked with him so much nd destroyed his reputation. He really really could of created a better world though. But luckily today a lot of his basic ideas(all his big ones vanished in a fire) are better understood and being implemented all around you. Unfortunately they are not being used in the spirit he would have wanted them too... Anyway he died broke and alone.

Also he hated fat chicks so extra points for that.
>>
>>682775263
Can anyone else hear the butthurt coming across in his posts now im getting a real sense of butthurt here
>>
>>682775404
Yes... my 3 word response has caused me to go through great anguish.
>>
>>682775705
No, you're just a colossal retard
>>
Tesla was cool. Kind of the original /b/tard in the socially awkward no fucks given virgin sense. Just he was smart too.
If he were alive today we'd all probably call him a fedora autist though and that's why he lost back then too.
>>
>>682775655
>>682764459
The jew banks that saw his inventions didn't want free energy for the public so they killed him.

Check the names of the banks that were giving him money.
Just sayan.
>>
File: 1461380438970.png (216 KB, 576x432) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461380438970.png
216 KB, 576x432
>>682775777
God tripps prove all
>>
>>682776018
>free energy
Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>682775805
Yep that definitely sounds like butt hurt to me
>>
>>682776171
Stop taking the word free so goddamned literally. You know what the fuck it alludes to.
>>
>>682776353
It alludes to another conspiracy theory and an over unity claim.
>>
>>682775777
Not that anon, but wow I am detecting some major butt hurt in your response. I think that anon was simply pointing out that people responded to bait without pointing out that it was bait.

This type of reaction is a bit over the top though..... wow.
>>
>>682767456
That's not how that works
>>
>>682776353
But free has an actual literal definition. If it's not free it's not free
>>
>>682774926
>lurks 4chan
>calls other guys "nerd"
faggot
>>
>>682776353
No we don't know what the fuck it alludes to. Sunlight is free energy, but it takes a device to harness it, especially if you want to turn it into electrical power. And even once you have the device it still costs to maintain it, because transformers, inverters and even cells themselves still break.
>>
>>682778963
>Sunlight is free energy
England used to have a Window Tax.
>>
>>682778963
plants do it for free
>>
>>682780214
nope, they use solar energy and nutrients (fuel) from the earth.
>>
>>682779941
>"property tax based on number of windows in the house"

What the fuck.
>>
>>682768525
Edison was a lying theif & acted like a child
>>
>>682781091
Yep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tax
>>
>>682769194
Yeah put private companies cheap out for the bottom line often leading to inferior & dangerous conclusions. Bp tailing dam would be the latest
>>
>>682781091
government would tax farts if they could come up with a way.
>>
>>682769327
Where is my f35?
We're defensless at the mo
>>
>>682769819
No no we need benevolent dictatorship
>>
>>682764459
You use his inventions every day. Alternating Current... ie every electrical device in your home runs on A/C power.
>>
>>682775105
Except it's true

Edison was a business man, not an inventor. There was a story I was reading in the 48 laws of power and it was something along the lines of Edison offered Testla a $40,000 check if he could improve one of his major inventions (It was verbal, pretty stupid on Testla's part but it's still a sleezy thing to do.)

Basically when Testla was done improving Edison's system he wrote off the $40,000 as he was just joking. Testla was fucked out of his money and Edison took the credit for his work.
>>
>>682773790
What? Neither of them were American. One was English and the other Jewish
>>
>>682771442
>Makes the claim
>You do the research
>educate yourself shitlord

It's like talking to a radfem
>>
>>682775526
There's profit on everything. Solar panels are in a competitive market just like everything else, same laws apply.
The argument that they're artificially expensive is a fallacy, if anything they're artificially cheaper because of factors that the other anon mentioned, and because they're often partially paid for by the government in order to "go green".
>>
>>682764459
You haven't said anything about cosmic rays, ion's hitting the magnetic field causing them to increase to fenominal speeds this is an energy tranference that can be used.
It Was the last thing he worked on right?
Oh yeah & that wop marconi theiving radio waves.
>>
>>682782599
It's on Tesla's wiki page under Working for Edison.

Tesla said he could improve Edison's electric motors. Edison said he's give him $1000 if he could.

After a few months of work, Tesla did it. Whereupon Edison said that it it was a joke and Tesla didn't understand American humor.

Tesla quit.
>>
>>682772267
Illuminati lol
How can people believe this, there is no evil secret organization, just a bunch of rich dudes trying to do more and more money
>>
>>682783487
If you can make something for $1, but you can sell it for $1000 because nobody allows a competitive price war to happen, the thing is being kept artificially expensive.

Smartphones are artificially expensive. So are tablets.
>>
>>682764459
he did invent the AC motor FYI
>>
>>682784488
I literally can't think of a market more competitive than the cell-phone market. Smartphones are not artificially expensive. You're just taking into account the cost of materials going into the device, and not the research, marketing and other costs behind it. You're an idiot.
>>
Tesla was smarter than everyone so stupid people hated him. He wouldn't invent anything with the intent of making money so smart people hated him. He pressed his luck as a foreigner and flying in the face of establishment was kept poor and taboo until he died alone in a shabby apartment. Whereby the FBI (not cia, like it matters) confiscated all Tesla's documents on suspicion of a 'death ray' and 'national security'. The redacted files are available online.
>>
>>682768525
Never said any better. The dude had so many issues I wouldn't be surprised if he was diagnosed with more than a few mental illnesses at the present day. He just simply sucked at marketing his ideas and overestimated their potentials by a couple orders of magnitude.
>>
>>682770850
No, he is saying magic exists. Science is being taught the wrong way and hides the the undeniable truth that we can create infinite energy with ease.

Also kekcorn
>>
>>682783893
"There's fifty thousand dollars in it for you—if you can do it."
That's the quote from the wiki, it wasn't $1000.

Edison then offered him a raise of $10 a week. That's when Testla resigned. Where did you get the $1000 from?
>>
>>682764459
Fun info bit. AC power is not a power flow but simply electrons going back and forth down a line and all electricity requires a solid loop to function but all power lines are positive/hot. So when they say ground wire they literally mean it goes to the ground. Because Tesla designed the power grid to use the Earth to transport power. And designed power plants with big power collectors under the building.

Another fun bit, he wanted to use the ionosphere to transmit the positive end. Using the sky and earth to give power to all peoples! Truly an amazing mind.
>>
Tesla was right with one thing that he believed, the keep all you dumb white bois fromm reproducing cuz yous an inbred fuckwit. God i love my welfare checks and monthly ebt foodstamps. Plus im drivin my escalade wwith 24inch dubs.
>>
>>682771697
They did. JP Morgan was quoted saying "well that's all good but how can we hook a meter to it" when Tesla told him about broadcast energy
>>
>>682770159
So do you believe everyone who says they could destroy the world while providing no evidence? I get that you have your little crush on Tesla, but that does't mean every story about him is true or that every thing he said is correct.
>>
>>682770850
>>
>>682764459
Our world would be 100 years more advanced if his lab did not burn down. He was working on Induction lighting with a range of 80+ meters. Imagine having that type of technology when we had yet to complete the transcontinental railroad.

He never truly recovered from the fire. We can all blame Edison for that.
>>
>>682785768
>I love the things teaching me to be a dependent, useless, dumbass

It's a tailored program, that's for sure.
>>
>>682767101
Probably 1 out of 20 people talking about Tesla actually know what the fuck they're talking about. Stop believing shit because it first spread through an online comic and then Reddit and Imgur fags decided to hop on the bandwagon
>>
>>682772547

Wow, you got really mad.
Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 21
Thread DB ID: 35018



Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.