Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | Blowjobs | Archived.Moe | 4Archive.org [Home]
4chan archive logo
Ok what the fuck is wrong with american beer?...
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14
File: budweiser.jpg (75 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
budweiser.jpg
75 KB, 1100x733
Ok what the fuck is wrong with american beer? It's like they take european beer and add 50% water...

Amerian beer is like having sex on a boat - it's fucking near water
>>
up til the 1990s american beer was mostly week lagers. but like... for 20-something years there have been tons of IPAs, Malts, APAs, EPAs, LPAs, RPAs, TPAs etc
>>
File: 18.png (224 KB, 500x258) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
18.png
224 KB, 500x258
>>682627567

>complaining about the quality of american beer

are you trying to be hipster from 2005?
>>
>>682627567

Big name American beer like Budweiser is meant to be drunk fridge temperature, as a refreshment akin to soda.

As a result, it's literally the same shit that Europeans would have called "table beer" in the middle ages: Low in alcohol, low in flavor, and only drunk so that you don't have to drink water.

If you want American beer that doesn't suck, you need to come here and find a good craft beer from one of the smaller breweries that isn't a giant corporation.
>>
>>682627567
budweiser is a product of InBev, an Austrian beer company. For all intensive purposes, it is truly a European beer.
>>
>>682627936
This.
/thread
>>
>>682627567
Malt liquor drinking euro nigger detected
>>
>>682628270
LYIN' TED
>>
>>682627936

Meaning you have to move to San Diego, where you can try way too many beers.
>>
>>682627735
>>complaining about the quality of american beer
>are you trying to be hipster from 2005?
You do know that the hipster brand of beer is PBR right? They do not complain about American beer at all, they talk it up because it is "ironic".
Please go retard, somewhere else.

Now as a brewer do you really want it explained why American mass market beer is flavorless rice beer?
Like everything in American life it is watered down to be as inoffensive as possible. It is not supposed to appeal to the most people it is supposed to offend the least people.
>>
>>682628270
InBev is Belgian. Otherwise, you are correct. Budweiser is a classic Belgian lager.
>>
>>682628390

There are decent breweries strung out all over the country. Sticking around in one spot is a bad way to go about finding the best ones, especially since some don't travel past the Mississippi.
>>
>>682628270
THIS
CHECK AND MATE YUROPOORS
>>
File: 1460468404944.gif (820 KB, 500x422) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460468404944.gif
820 KB, 500x422
>>682627567
>Amerian beer

Is it even beer?
>>
>be me
>visiting friends in Belgium
>they are making fun of me for shitty American beers
>YOU LIKE YOUR MICROBREWS FUCBOI? U LIKE YOUR COORS LIGHT AND PBR?!
>they open a cooler
>HERE NOW YOU DRINK REAL BELGIAN LAGER LIKE MAN
>they hand me a budweiser.
>i sip it
>tell them it tastes like shit
>they laugh
>"PUSSY AMERICAN CAN'T EVEN DRINK OUR FINEST AND BEST SELLING BEVERAGE WITHOUT CRINGING
>leave Belgium with much less respect for my ancestors for having made so much profit on shitty beer
>>
why do they make Busch Lite?......I mean..really?
>>
Not even american but i dont see the fucking point about getting picky about beer. Go drink wine like some faggot frenchman.
>>
>>682629148

For health weenies who want to "drink" but also watch their calories.
>>
>>682629110
Jesus christ, you poor excuse of a man. Enjoy your smirnoff ice you dirty harrys.
>>
File: Go.gif (471 KB, 474x379) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Go.gif
471 KB, 474x379
>>682629331
>>
>>682627567
>Amerian beer is like having sex on a boat - it's fucking close to water
FTFY
>>
>>682627567
Because you drink shit American Beer.
In my state there's about a brewery in every other town, nobody drinks Bud, Coors or Miller anymore.
>>
>>682629459
Smirnoff is British vodka. so... any other insults against Europe you want to sling, or you gonna go watch your wife's son while she's out "tanning"?
>>
>>682629493
>frog detected
>>
>>682627567
Here in the UK Budweiser is considered okay, I enjoy it.
>>
it is surprising when coming from europe, how little americucks can drink. guess it can't be a bad thing tbh, but as a brit who can (and generally does) do 70 shots of smirnoff in a day, it's funny how easily you plebs get rekt.
>>
>>682629786
Here in the US, Budweiser isn't even the best selling beer. The microbrews and craft beer industry has surpassed major brewing labels. Most people like specific industries of beer (local or regional, ales or lagers, dark or light, etc), so microbrews and craft beers allow for more personalized selections.
>>
>>682629902
isn't drinking against sharia law in the Europes?
>>
why isn't there a standard measure of alcohol content in america? in the uk each bottle has to display how many units of alcohol it contains, so you're aware of how much booze you're drinking no matter what drink you've got. aus has a similar system i think. is it just that you lot pass out after 1 pint so it's not worth bothering?
>>
>>682630196
> what was prohibition
>>
>>682629974
That cant be a bad thing right? Sounds like there's more competition = better beer?
>>
get educated
>>
>>682630570
exactly. it's more expensive, and we still buy bud or bud lite if we need to drink a lot or feed the masses, but if you're willing to spend $10 on a 6-pack, you can find some really great craft beers.

It's just silly that people assume Americans only drink these industrial beers when they're not even our best-selling product.
>>
>>682627936
this, listen to him foreignfags
>>
>>682629974
Bud Light and Natty Lite are probably the highest selling beer in volume. Just because you and your pretentious friends go around drinking microbrew like some hipster faggots doesn't mean that the majority of beer drinkers don't just grab 24 packs on the weekend to slug down while tending the grill.
>>
>>682630547
a mistake from 80 years ago that lead to the creation of Las Vegas and allowed Americans to better understand what Freedom truly means.

but we no longer have prohibition, nor do we discourage our women from showing their ankles in public on threat of beheading.
>>
>stealing jokes from tumblr
I don't think you should be worrying about beer op
>>
>>682630476

The proof of the beverage is on the packaging of the product, it's illegal to not put it on their somewhere.

We use the "proof" system. Whatever the proof of the beverage is, double it, and that's how much alcohol by percentage is in the drink. If they even decide to put the damn proof label on it instead of giving the straight up percentage anyway.
>>
>>682630996

Oh god, I used "their" instead of "there" Someone flog me.
>>
>>682630476
Because US citizens ed (in this particular instance) have the freedom to do whatever the fuck they like regarding alcohol. Not like nanny uk who treat its inhabitants like infants and so breed giant infants with nationalistic tendencies based on propagandist bullshit.
>>
>>682630996
it's a pain though. you can't tell me precisely how much alcohol you've consumed if you need a calculator to figure it out all the time.
we use the proof system as well as the (frankly infinitely better) 1 unit measurement.
>>
>>682631166
>i don't WANT to know how much i'm drinking, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME
wtf anon.
>>
>>682630971
But I can still make ignorant statements, which imply you still live under prohibition right?
>>
>>682631361
no, but sharia law currently exists.

shouldn't you be taking your mandatory prayer break now?
>>
>>682627567
Budweiser=owned by Belgians, copied and drank by everyone in the world.
>>
Not beer, but a local moonshiner operation recently went legal. Used to drink it when it was still bootleg and it was some good stuff. Was like $25/gal. Now it's like $35/fifth.
>>
File: chubby.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
chubby.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>682630971
>what Freedom truly means.
>voting for trump's corporatocracy, begging to be cucked by the brat kids of hidden billionaires
>>
>>682628390
I live in the Grand Rapids area. We have the best beer I've ever had.
>>
>>682631181

Meh, all it really means is that you should know your limit before you start drinking for the night.

Not to mention that if you're drinking beer 12 oz or so at a time, at (let's say some cheapass Bud) 3.4% or so, that's roughly .4 ounces of alcohol per can. Not all that hard to figure out if you care, especially with all the smartphones with Google access out there.
>>
>>682631506
Oh, so I can just take laws from other countries and imply they are valid in your country too?
And here I was thinking there had to be a logical connection, maybe I just expect too much from shitposting.
>>
Wutz a good mass prododuced lager i get get anywhere in the us of a?
>>
>>682628270
for all intents and purposes ffs
>>
>>682627567
>it's fucking near water
I giggled
>>
>>682629459
and your zimas
>>
>>682627567
Beer tastes like shite anyway and is really just an acquired taste for plebs trying to prove their masculinity or something.
>>
>>682632089
found the 4yo
>>
>>682631891
Sam Adams.
>>
>>682632089

As opposed to what? Harder alcohols?

Sounds like someone's just jealous because they can't handle the bitterness.
>>
>>682631899
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>682632089
stop being 16
>>
>>682631891
Sam Adam's for sure. ESPECIALLY Winter Lager. Holy shit that stuff is good
>>
>>682632089
Sure this faggot doesn't like coffee unless it's diluted with so much sugar, cream and flavorings it gets a french name.
>>
>>682629902
>thinks the amount of alcohol required to get you where you're going is a competition
>thinks it's better to need more and thus spend more
>brags about having 70 shots a day to get drunk
>drinks every day
>calling anybody, ever, a pleb

I think you are literally the definition of a pleb.
>>
File: kek.jpg (221 KB, 627x797) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kek.jpg
221 KB, 627x797
> Brasserie Artisanale « La Goule »
>Guy PINARD & Fils
>8, rue de l’église

most based beer over here, so much kek
>>
>>682632479
Jesus FUCK Ricky
>>
>>682629902

If you're doing 70 shots of vodka every day, you've got a couple problems.

1: You're an alcoholic
2: You're going to die of liver failure in about a year

Have fun, bud
>>
>>682627567
you clearly have no idea what craft beer is
>>
>>682628390
Literally every state has many tiny breweries
>>
>>682632916
nah my liver is indestructible. had an ultrasound 3 months ago and been drunk for decades.
>>
>>682633079
then why were you in for a liver ultrasound
>>
>>682633162
because i've been drunk for decades
>>
>>682632863
Underrated post
>Hole heartedly
>Diamond dozen
I'm sure there's much more but that's as far as I read.
>>
>>682633215
o ok champ
>>
>>682628270
>intensive purposes

u fuckn wot
>>
>>682632138
>>682632259
>>682632527
>>682632599
See what I mean? A bunch of unintelligent drones who feel the need to defend their masculinity.
A four year old? Just jealous? These are school playground tier retorts, bros. I'm not trying to rile you up I'm just stating a fact. Beer tastes like shit. "bitterness" such a nice taste.. "handle" if you have to use that word in reference to something you supposedly do for enjoyment, you're not thinking this through enough.
If I want to get drunk then I do prefer spirits since I can consume less volume for the same effect. I don't drink much anymore though. Also I don't drink coffee.. Why would I?
>>
File: ricky fuck off.jpg (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ricky fuck off.jpg
12 KB, 236x236
>>682632863
knock knock
>>
>>682633322
You missed the one between those two.. Doubles advoc. wait.. checked.. wut?
>>
File: spaten-boot.jpg (33 KB, 600x851) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spaten-boot.jpg
33 KB, 600x851
>>682630996
>Whatever the proof of the beverage is, double it, and that's how much alcohol by percentage is in the drink.
>80 proof
>160% alcohol
>???
>drinks WAY too much
>>
>>682632853
Never had this stuff before, seems near me. Anything it's similar to?
>>
>>682634139

Wait a minute, I'm retarded, You don't double the proof, you halve it.

Sorry, I've been up for far too long.

>>682633771

As for you, Bitterness an be just as enjoyable as sweet, or hot, or any other flavor/mouthfeel. It's all perspective.
>>
>hurr durr american beer is bad
Mass-produced lagers for "average" customers taste the same all over the world. If that's your complaint, you're fucking retarded.

I, for one, am grateful for the american hops at the very least.
>>
File: Newfags.jpg (24 KB, 600x596) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Newfags.jpg
24 KB, 600x596
Damn is it summer already
>>
>>682633771
found the budlight guy
>>
>>682627567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QH20M7gG0c
>>
>>682635385
It is for most colleges, but we all know that this place is populated by mostly underaged faggot highschoolers.
>>
>>682627567
try this one, captain obvious
>>
>>682635877
Your reading comprehension is truly appalling..
>>
File: budweiser-budvar.gif (19 KB, 347x306) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
budweiser-budvar.gif
19 KB, 347x306
Real Budweiser
>>
get on my level, faggets
>>
>>682630547
>what is mudslimes
>what is halal
>what is cuck
>>
Not really big on booze unless I'm getting fucked up. If it's just to chill and enjoy the taste then I kinda just like fresh juices and herbal teas. Does this make me not a man or something?
>>
There is plenty of good American beer. There is plenty of shitty non American beer. Like many have said, anything that has " light" in it will be gross. Go to wine and spirit and search their craft beer section
>>
>>682638392
your dick may as well be a tampon string.
>>
>>682638622
Why?
>>
>>682639684
similar extent of masculinity and size.
>>
>>682630476

Alcohol content for beer and wine is measured as percent alcohol by volume in the US (liquor is measured in proofs, where 1 proof = 1/2 percent).

I'm not sure about other states, but where I live the max is 3.2% for beer sold outside of liquor stores. This means that pretty much every beer at a gas station or grocery store is the same, alcohol-wise. You learn pretty quick how many beers you can handle before you're drunk.

It's kind of funny to watch some teenager get his hands on 6% the first time and get drunk twice as fast.
>>
because we couldnt have gotten to the moon on shitty high abv yuro beer
>>
>>682629786
>Budweiser is considered OK

Are you high? It's dogwank.
>>
>>682632089

Beer has a wide variety of flavors. It's actually more likely you just haven't found the beer for you yet. Bear in mind there's a difference between beer from a tap and beer in a bottle or can.

I didn't care much for beer 'til I was stationed in Okinawa, where we had an Irish pub near the base. There was a particular ale on tap that changed my mind about beer - too bad I can't get it in the states.
>>
>>682630777
Nice trips. It's all about copper dragon and witchwood brewery though. Hobgoblin is the way forward.
>>
>>682637797

Yeah, we drink that in our beer around here.

It makes mass-market lagers palatable.
>>
>>682631166
>nationalistic tendencies based on propagandist bullshit
>american

Mate.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14
Thread DB ID: 34355

Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.