Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Is it just me or does anyone else not see a problem with the

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
File: newghostbusters.png (457 KB, 652x366) Image search: [Google]
newghostbusters.png
457 KB, 652x366
Is it just me or does anyone else not see a problem with the new Ghostbusters movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw
>>
Don't really see a problem with it. Sure, there's almost no way a group of out-of-shape women would ever do something that physically risky/proactive in real life, but it's a fucking movie. It's a cashcow reboot, it's not like it would have been good even if it wasn't throwing table scraps to SJWs.
>>
>>681974198
I see a problem there.

No, the problem is not, that they are women. The problem is, that they do not have authentic roles and are bad actors. For three of those four women I cannot believe, that they want to hunt ghosts. They just run around and scream.

I just watched the original trailer from the 80s. I would trust these guys, they seem to be way more professional.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1387x1006) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1387x1006
>>681974198
>>
>>681974198
ping
>>
>>681976175
>>681974198
The blonde one is hot and thus triggers me into a fapping frenzy.
>>
Ooo yeah. It's going to be great movie. Wow. I'm going to see it.
>>
I'm only familiar with McCarthy and Wigg. I don't recognize the blond or the black from anything else.
>>
I don't see a problem with it. I just don't think it looks good
>>
>>681974198
Movie probably gonna be average.

Problem is whole point of making and putting WHOLE main characters as a femails. Not putting one or two...
whole fucking movie was made just to make happy few femicunts at Hollywood
>>
>>681974198
extra slowpoke ? we comment on this like 3 months ago nobody give shit about this movie .
it gone be total fail
>>
so excited for this movie to be the biggest flop of the decade
>>
>>681974198
Is nothing saecred
>>
>>681974198
>it's a cashcow reboot,
This is the problem, period. Give us some new ideas. Shoehorning feminism into an old IP isn't nearly the problem that Hollywood returning to the same well over and over again is.
>>
>>681974198
I'm sure it will be fine, but there is no point trying to make something better when it was already good in the first place. It won't be as good as the originals.
>>
They've could've mixed it up a little: 3 males and 1 female, 3 females 1 male, 2 males 1 female and 1 trannny...etc.
>>
File: 1435614313281.jpg (23 KB, 224x220) Image search: [Google]
1435614313281.jpg
23 KB, 224x220
>the power of Patty compels you
>>
>implying I give a fuck
>implying there's a better reaction to this shit
>>
>>681974198
why does every movie have to have a fat girl with glasses who makes super "funny" jokes and is such a free spirit
>>
>>681977177
doesnt matter if it flops, they already have 1 sequel green lighted and 2 more on the way
if it fails it will be because hollywood ruined it and men dont want strong beautiful independent women as lead roles (btw those 4 are considered 10/10 apparently) which means no matter how bad it is by critic standards or the average movie goers standards it will be considered a success by default
>>
>>681977471
eh if there was a male he probably would have been gay or a beta as fuck skinny kid
>>
The problen I see in this isn't even the bitches... The whole thing seems cheap, half-assed, not funny at all and directed to the most retarded feminist audience ever

Did you think batman x superman sucked? Well wait for this shit
>>
>>681977945
wtf who considers them a 10/10? literally zero men? even the hot one isnt a 10
>>
>>681974198
Other than the fact that it looks really shitty and pissed all over the spirit of the original film....no, not really. I mean if they wanna fuck up ghostbusters they might as well do it with a female cast.
>>
shares nothing that made the original great. if they had any respect for the Ghostbusters as they claim they would have walked away.
>>
File: 145711097722000.jpg (121 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
145711097722000.jpg
121 KB, 1160x979
>>
>>681977265
Sleppling
>>
>>681978233
ugly women do, femenist who have to do, the part of the gay community that everyone even the gays hate do, the people who run the what men want magazines and shit because they are paid to
that is apparently what men want and if you disagree you are a woman hating bigot. welcome to the usa
>>
>>681977945
It isn't even that I don't want strong "beautiful" independent woman leads, it's that I want Hollywood to stop shoehornin them in to other people's stories.
>>
>>681974198
How much do you get paid to try and push this train wreck
>>
>>681974198
is this a cringe thread?
>>
File: kate.png (144 KB, 491x277) Image search: [Google]
kate.png
144 KB, 491x277
>>681978233

Kate is a 7.5 /10 easily. Hot body, cute face. She's always doing those "funny " faces but she's hot
>>
>>681974198
O well Kristen wigg is hot as fuck.
>>
>>681978946
I hate her and everything she stands for.
>>
>>681974198
I would wreck that Egon chick
>>
>>681979169

I THINK SO....THESE 400 POUND LARD ASSES WOULD KILL THEIR MOM JUST TO FINGER HER ONCE
>>
>>681974198

No, OP. There are plenty of people in comas. There's a chance that they don't know.
>>
>>681978401
kek'd hard
>>
>>681978786
fuck all that shit. anyone who would think im a woman hating bigot for that wouldn't have an opinion that matters anyway
>>
>>681977024
and then the whole SJW/Femisnists complained about the black lady not having a degree. you just cant please these people.

The movie doesnt look like it'll be terrible but idk if I'll go see it.
>>
>>681974198
For me the problem with this movie is that the jokes are hacky and not written for women. Take the first joke in the trailer about her getting ectoplasm "everywhere". This is a joke that works when a man tells is because men are dirty and gross to begin with. It's considered manly to be sweaty and dirty from having worked hard all day. So when you make a joke about being covered in slime your brain does some kind of short cut connection to that being manly and a positive thing. It gives us a chance to rally around that character because he's become the equivalent of a wounded warrior returning to the tribe.

When a woman makes this joke it goes against everything we consider to be feminine. Women are "supposed" to be clean and smell nice, to put on a facade that they carry around in public using make up. When a woman jokes about goo going in "every crack", she's talking about her vagina. That is not funny. It might be gross or sexy or rape, but it's not a joke.
>>
I work in post production and saw an early version of the movie, about 70% of the special effects are finished in the version I saw. I am an old ghostbusters fan (As a kid in the 80s I thought Gozer was in my basement and it scared the hell out of me) I didn't know much about the NEW movie before watching it and I was totally for a new female cast. SPOILERS AHEAD: There are cameos and I'll get to those after the summary. Here goes:

Movie opens with a tour of deceased Madame Aldridge's (mansion or hotel I cant recall). One of the guys from Silicon Valley is a tour guide, and says she was locked in a basement to die behind an iron/metal door thats never been opened supposedly. After a few jokes and the tour leaves the tour guide hears something at the locked up door. He freaks and runs around the mansion as supernatural things start happening and accidentally goes through locked door which is now open (he didnt notice where he was going as he was running around frantically). He realizes he's in the basement and is cornered by something and screams as the camera gets closer to him.
>>
I'm not some nostalgia-blinded manchild crying like the beta-male he is because "muh childhood".
BUT.
They're fucking ugly to look at.
You've got:
Dopey looking redhead housewife
Blondeslut McUsedtobeaman
Literal fat-shit SJW poster child
Ooga-booga where shawty's wellfare cheques at?!
>>
>>681979933

Scene then cuts to the ghostbusters song with Kristin Wiig walking towards a TV with a show called GHOST JUMPERS that no one in the movie is involved with. Kristen Wiig is a college professor in math or physics or both? Shes trying to get tenure. Melissa McCarthy is writing a Ghosts of our Past book and keeps trying to ruin Wiig's chances at tenure by selling the book on Amazon with her as co-author and being a shitty friend in general. They show the book on Amazon on a computer (incase you don't know what Amazon is and you are stupid) She meets up with McCarthy to get her to stop putting her name on the book and McCarthy is obsessed with chinese food, specifically wontons. Mckinnon is also a scientist with McCarthy and they convince her to go to the Albridge mansion to investigate together. They go in there and the whole ghost puking scene happens. They record the video and Wiig screams ghosts are real!! Back at her school the actor from Game of Thrones (Tywin Lannister) says the video was posted on Reddit, and youtube. Thus cementing the trend of this movie trying to be "current". They look at the youtube comments, check their phones and youtube multiple times through the movie etc. Wiig is fired and loses her chances at tenure because McCarthy is a shitty friend and left her screaming ghosts are real in the video she uploaded to reddit.
>>
>>681980042

I'm going to summarize more going forward here to address points that relate to the main plot... Leslie Jones is a subway station worker and some hotel worker guy is brings a machine in to channel or awaken old ghosts. She sees ghosts and ends up joining the ghostbusters for her street smarts. She also sees a graffiti artist spray paint the white ghost from the logo in the subway as shes telling him to stop he puts the red circle and line through the ghost.

At this point nothing about the old ghostbusters being around or alive is referenced. They stumble upon the old GB firehouse cant afford the rent cause its 21K/month so they start their HQ at a chinese restaurant, plenty of wontons for McCarthy!! Chris Hemsworth applies as the secretary and he's a moron but a little funny at times.
>>
>>681974198
Kristen wiig always looks like she really regrets doing this movie.
>>
>>681980042

They bust their first ghost at a cheesy rock concert, a large green dragon the audience think is part of the band's act. Jones is chased by a possessed mannekin saying "This is more intense than an usher concert!" One of the concert goers has a selfie stick (please kill yourself now) and takes a picture of the dragon-ghost as it is perched on Leslie Jones shoulder in the crowd. They crowd surf at one point. They capture the ghost and become famous. They get their name from a new segment pegging them as the Ghostbusters (without referencing anything that happened in the past with the old ghostbusters)

They get the ghostbusters car from Jones' relative or dad or something, nothing special happens with the car really.
>>
>>681974198
>Is it just me or does anyone else not see a problem with the new Ghostbusters movie?

You're just mad it's a bunch of women. Society is sick of the cis-male gender bias in the mainstream media, and we're changing this. If you don't like it, then don't watch it.
>>
>>681980387
Too obvious friend. Take it down a couple of notches.
>>
>>681980335

The hotel guy with the machine that Jones' encountered in the subway, meanwhile is channeling more ghosts in shitty mirrors. The girl ghostbusters (Ill call them GGB's going forward). corner him and say cops are the way. He's a nut and wants control of supernatural power or something, instead of activating the huge machine he grabs these electric currents and dies. The mayor (Andy Garcia) finds out and makes it out to the public like the GGB's are hoaxers.

The hotel guy who died is now a ghost and possesses McCarthy, then Hemsworth after Jones slaps the ghost out of McCarthy. Hemsworth then travels to the ghost channeling machine to release them all. He releases them all and there's a few shots of the supernatural streams spreading around the city.
>>
>>681980510

Wiig discovers the hotel guy went to school or something with them since the Ghosts of Our Past book he scribbled in a ton of weird shit in the pages of one of the copies. Hemsworth is controlling the city with his ghost powers (he makes the army dance with him). The GGB's face off against him and the ghost leaves Hemsworth body sparing him. He then asks "WHAT FORM DO YOU CHOOSE?" with really no explanation. And Jones says out loud "Oh I think that spray painted ghost from the subway was cute!" and he turns into the Ghost from the ghostbusters logo, I AM SHITTING YOU NOT ITS THAT STUPID. He gets bigger and expands as large as a tall building. Saying cheesy lines like "Im gonna go kill all the humans now bye!"

Slimer and a female slimer with brown hair steal the GGB's car and drive around.
>>
File: 1436469867885.jpg (38 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1436469867885.jpg
38 KB, 625x626
>>681980454
Okay, thanks. What would you r8 my b8 at this point m8?
>7/8 ? 6/8 ?
>>
>>681974198
Looks like its going to be shit. Wouldn't have been any better if it was all men, so don't really care that they are all women.
They could have made a good one with all women, or all men, but its just some dumbshit reboot for an old series of 6/10 movies you watch on christmas night, half asleep and half drunk.
Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>681977024
See I don't get this attitude, the WHOLE crew was male in the first one. The movie looks like it's going to be shit thanks to really dumb jokes and poor writing. Casting change complaints just give the SJWs ground to say the movie failed because of sexists.
>>
>>681980627

The GGB's decide to cross the streams, it doesnt work, but creates a portal on the ground. McCarthy and then Wiig decide to lure the big stupid ghost into the portal before it closes taking themselves inside and they think a tow cable from a fire truck tied around their waists will save them (everyone in this movie is stupid with stupid ideas...) Of course this works, the big ghosts goes in and the portal closes with Wiig and McCarthy going in. Then all the sudden they are yanked out! Wow! The city is saved. They are still branded as hoaxers though. But they can now afford rent at the old GB firehouse and Jones listens to a electro magnet-whatever tape and says (With terrible line delivery) "I think I hear something.. my name is Zuul?" Cue the old ghostbusters song, The End.

Sony is trying to scrub this information off the internet. It's up to you retards to keep this alive.
>>
>>681974198
So what.

The new powrpuff girls is going to be all traps instead of real girls.
>>
>>681975106
>It's a cashcow reboot, it's not like it would have been good even if it wasn't throwing table scraps to SJWs

/thread
>>
File: 1rhrqglk.vichan.gif (179 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1rhrqglk.vichan.gif
179 KB, 180x180
http://screencrush.com/ghostbusters-trailer-most-disliked-movie-trailer-in-history/
>>
>>681980764
Yo faggot you forgot <\spoiler> ALERT <\spoiler>
>>
>>681978786
You are so full of shit
>>
This atrocity is only the first.
Netflix is rebooting Watership Down but the female rabbits are gonna have Gurll power moiments ans be strong female characters. They're also not gonna make it so sad because the original is considered too traumatizing for kids and Triggers SJW's.
The fuckers are making a disney version of Watership Down for feminists.
Who honestly thinks its gonna be a success?
>>
>>681980651
Solid 4/8 bait.

You used the right keywords to incite a response, you just went in balls deep with it. Subtlety is the key to killer bait. Over the top shit generally just gets other jackasses faking over the top stuff. Make it seem like it's shit you believe on the other hand?
>>
>>
>>681974198
Now, everybody from 2 thousand and 3
Put your motherfucking hands up and follow me
Everybody from 2 thousand and 3, put your motherfucking hands up
Look, look

Now, while OP stands tough
Notice that OP did not have his hands up
This chan's got you gassed up
Now who's afraid of the Big Bad Mod
1, 2, 3, and to the 4
1chan, 2chan, 3chan, 4
4chan, 3chan, 2chan, 1
8 chan, 4 Chan, no Chan, none
This guy ain't no motherfucking oldfag
I know everything he's 'bout to say against me
I am old, I am a fag
I do live in a basement with my mom
My boy Moot is a cuckolding fag
I do got a dumb friend named Anonymous
Who banned himself from his own board
I did get saged by all of you fags!
And I did fuck Moots girl!
But I'm still standing here screaming "fuck the OP"
Don't ever try to judge me, OP!
Cause' you don't know what the FUCK I've been through!
But I know something about you
You went to reddit, that's a gayass site.
What's the matter, fag, you embarrassed?
This guy's a seal? His real name's John
And John lives at home with both parents
And John parents have a real good marriage
This OP don't wanna battle, he's shook
Cause ain't no such things as halfway edge
He's scared to death, he's scared to look in his fucking yearbook
Fuck OP!

Fuck the beat, I'll go a capella
Fuck 4chan, fuck a mod, fuck MOOT, fuck everybody
Fuck y'all if you doubt me
I'm a fucking oldfag! I say it proudly
And fuck this site, I don't wanna stay, I'm outtie.
Here, tell these anons something they don't know about me
>>
File: 1461529176430.jpg (90 KB, 500x752) Image search: [Google]
1461529176430.jpg
90 KB, 500x752
>>681980915
when loser nerds get pissy, they get pissy in huge fucking groups.
>>
>>681979807
Its a sex joke you autistic fucktard.
>>
the movie should just be called Feministbusters.

/thread.
>>
>>681981302
>Feministbusters

Why? They're not going around busting feminists? They should be called "Watch how we ruin this fucking awesome movie series by casting a bunch of fat stinky women, and a nigger".
>>
>>681981302
Nice one anon, real clever.
>>
>>681981537
>fucking awesome movie series
Eh, it really wasn't though. Between the first two, you have enough to make one really amusing comedic movie, but there's as much bad as there is good.
>>
File: 1436090752973.png (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1436090752973.png
10 KB, 255x200
>>681981705
But Bill Murray was awesome. I agree, there was some wrong, mostly with that jew Harold Remus in his dad's anus. He was shite.
>>
File: 1439288213788.jpg (4 KB, 126x121) Image search: [Google]
1439288213788.jpg
4 KB, 126x121
>>681981702
>>
>>681979933
>>681980042
>>681980187
>>681980335
>>681980510
>>681980627
>>681980764

>Tl;dr version: it'll be as shitty as everyone always knew it'd be
>>
>>681981967
Absolutely Murray was awesome, still doesn't mean that the hole movies were these magically complete experiences.
>>
>OP posting with a negative view but actually supplying promotion for the movie
>anons appear out of nowhere who are "industry insiders" with bizarrely interested opinions
>anons talking about E list celebrities like everyone knows them
The shill in this thread is thru the roof. Jew masters conscript armies of niggers to create "buzz" on free message boards. I will enjoy this massive Hollywood fail train all the better.
>>
>>681977471
Could say the same for the original.
>>
They shoulda just casted 1 female role rather then all 4, but no they had to go feminist route. The movie is gonna be complete shit and even the feminists are gonna feel insulted.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.