Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Considering that 95% of the world's scientists believe that

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: 47OVc0v.jpg (69 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
47OVc0v.jpg
69 KB, 600x662
Considering that 95% of the world's scientists believe that global warming is man-made, and that this is as good a consensus as we are currently going to get, why are we still debating about it?
>>
>>678358505
because no one can be assed to pull out the information and research it themselves
>>
lol we're not
>>
There's a lot of people who aren't very good at science and that makes them distrustful of scientists.
>>
>>678358820

>because no one can be assed

lol
>>
95% of niggers fell they should get money cause of mah slave great great great great grand dad.
100% of women think they are always right.
100% of these so called scientist once claimed the world was flat.
99.99999% of the time OP is a fag.
So Op what's your fucking point you fag
>>
>>678358505
There are vested interests who have a lot at stake and have decided that paying to undermine that consensus is the most cost effective and expedient option.
>>
>>678358505
because ad populum is a fallacy and constant review and debate is how science works, look up popperian falsifiability
>>
okay so it's man made. We've known this for a while and yet nobody is willing to do jack shit about it so you might as well never bring it up again.
>>
>>678359454
"100% of these so called scientist once claimed the world was flat."
Bullshit, religion declared that the world was flat and killed anyone that disagreed.
>>
>>678358505
The facts are as follows:
An extremely hardly measurable amount of global warming can be considered "man-made"

Literally more than 99% of the global warming cannot be prevented.

Quit whining, fucking hippie.
>>
>>678358505
because Republicans
>>
...Because 99% of the 1% of "global warming" that is attributable to humans, is specifically attributable to China and Taiwan, who don't give a fuck about the concerns of far-left liberals from the West.

So there you have it.
>>
>>678358505
Instead of debating whether it is actually happening or not, why are we not talking about how utterly retarded, unworkable and pointless every solution that we are currently working on is?
Trying to reduce C02 output or reduce the amount of C02 in the atmosphere is perversely expensive and utterly futile not to mention absolutely devastating for the future development of poor nations. Preparing for the effects of global warming with flood defences etc. would be a much, much better use of resources.
>>
>>678361298
>>678362136

/thread
>>
>>678358505
Oh, we are doing plenty. Just not for everybody.
Rich people who have beach houses let the public pay for more storm repairs than ever. Just month ago some areas in Florida and Texas give wealthy people high tax breaks for repeatedly fixing their houses due to "harsh weather conditions". Eg. lets the public pay for your personal problems with climate change.

If some islands in the pacific are submerged now, who cares. They even calculated that in less extreme calculations, Wall Street would be submerged in 2 meter water. It would be cheaper just to move Wallstreet than to build dams or do anything about it. They probably just give up a quarter of New York. Its the much cheaper option.
>>
>>678358505
>95%

I thought the 95% was the percentage of people that made shit up here with no references to back up their bullshit "facts".
>>
>>678358505
95% of scientists have a surprising track record of fucking up. With that in mind there's still plenty of room to argue pointlessly while we get rekt by the planet heating up.
>>
Its about to snow here and it is april
>>
>>678364434
I think they had a study which came up with that number, but as usual they probably hand picked those scientist to represent their point of view.
>>
>>678366209
climate =/= weather
>>
>>678358505

I believe it is man made. I also believe I will be dead before anything gets bad, and I work in industries that make lots of shit that make the environment worse. Therefore, I'm happy to let idiots and politicians let me do bad things for the future while I make a boatload of cash and live a great life.
>>
>>678366591
I think this sums it all up pretty well!
>>
>>678366591
> nach mir die Sinnflut
>>
>>678358505
Because at one stage 95% of scientists and philosophers would have believed the sun orbited the earth and that the earth was flat. Ad populum is not a great basis for scientific theory
>>
>>678362136
oi m8 fack off Taiwan ain't got nothing to do with those commie bastards you fucker
>>
>>678366413
this TBH
>>
because people throw a fit until they find the answer they want
>>
You're all dumb cunts and we're all doomed.
Bunch of mindless cogs just constantly going through the motions never asking why.. oh well enjoy it lads, we are the last.
>>
>>678367192
What they share in common is being the world's biggest sources of pollution. Al Gore can opine for us Westerners taking 60-second lukewarm showers all he wants, but it will have no impact at that tiny sliver of "global warming" that is due to humans, as nearly all of that tiny sliver is due to pollution generated by China and Taiwan.
>>
because 95% of the scientists who say that are government funded.
>>
>>678367991
I read once that Germany could achieve their predicted emissions reductions by simply selling and constructing more efficient coal power plants in Asia.
> but muh profit
>>
>>678366796

The best part is that everything I do is also the solution to the problem, but the public and government are too stupid to do them.

I am not the one who needs to change.
>>
>>678368491
Why would the government have any motivation to make up global warming.
>>
>>678367991
I mean Taiwan couldn't possibly be producing that much pollution compared to even America I mean they have a population of 24 million and it's not like they're not a first world nation or any thing I mean I'm sure Indonesian and Russia and India produce way more
>>
>>678368931
so they can have more power and money over you than they already do

>emissions testing

>pollution "regulation" taxing
>>
>>678369154
You may think so, but you're wrong. (Though China is, of course, the much larger of the top two pollution contributors.)
>>
>>678368931
To push renewable energies? Otherwise people wont give up their lavish lifestyles.

And probably money.
>>
>>678368931
More environmental concern = higher environmental taxes +more power
>>
>>678367991
You keep saying that humans are only contributing a tiny sliver to global warming. I was wondering if you had a source that I could read? I'm not trying argue with your or discredit, I'm just curious.
>>
If, as they say, the earth is 4. 4 Billion years old (give or take), do you honestly think that we, as humans, can do in 100 years what 4,399,999,900 years of volcanos, asteroids, earthquakes, extinction events, and just general old age could do to the planet.

Do we contribute? Probably. Are we solely responsible? No fucking way.

Remember, in the 60s and 70s it was a global ice age that would end us all.
>>
>>678369937
Please do your own Interwebz. Not into link wars.
>>
>>678370348
No war here dude. I've looked just can't find anything nigga. Most things I see are real liberal 'WE DID THIS. WE'RE MONSTERS' bullshit.
>>
>>678358505
Reality is not based on democratic principles. Just because a majority of (leftist) scientists believe something doesn't make it true.

A few thousands years ago, learned people believed the Earth was flat. Does that mean it was literally true? Of course not. The fact is there's a consensus among scientists about Global Warming for the same reason there's a consensus about evolution - the scientific community shuns and publicly shames anyone who dares to argue against the popular opinion. This is a common leftist tactic, not only in the science community but in politics and economics as well.

>It's 2016 and you people STILL think taxation is theft??? WOW SO IGNORANT
>>
>>678370207
you're delusional irrational and won't look at the facts, kill yourself
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.