Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Is this worth playing these days? Never played it because poor

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: images (12).jpg (16 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
16 KB, 384x384
Is this worth playing these days?

Never played it because poor consolefag but now got something decent and want to rewind everything I never played.
>>
Learn the basics and play Epoch or Overpoch, this blew my mind.
>>
Imo it's a shitty game that is still fun in it's own way, if you are prepared for shitty optimisation and 50% of the things you do being ruled by bugs/game limitations then you should have fun, if you aren't prepared for those don't play it. Overhaul it's a really fun game, you get a feel from this game, a sort of "rush" no other game will ever give you.

Coming from someone who has an on and off relationship with dayz
>>
>>677412222

Checked
>>
File: community_image_1413286684.jpg (326 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1413286684.jpg
326 KB, 1280x800
Assuming this is for standalone>>>
>>
File: feRznaW.jpg (36 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
feRznaW.jpg
36 KB, 720x540
>>677412222
Quads
>>
>>677411912
If you are refering to standalone then no its terrible and the devs dont seem to want to improve it or they just want to take their sweet time with it till funding runs out and they dont have to deal with it again. Dayz arma 2 mod is always fun. I recommend Arma 3 exile though.
>>
Why don't you just kill yourself
>>
after 500 hours into that, and thousands into the mod, i went for h1z1 i would say you'd do more with that, but get it when it's on sale
>>
>>677411912

No.

When a 17yo with a passing knowledge of Unity makes a better DayZ than the makers of DayZ SA, you know it's shit.

If you have some time, search Steam for Unturned. It's free, at least.
>>
File: 1458514039914.jpg (203 KB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
1458514039914.jpg
203 KB, 1125x1125
>>677413964
Kys
>>
>>677413964
What are you fucking 12? Get the fuck off 4Chan if you think that game is even remotely fun, fucking underage fag.
>>
>>677414654
Newfag
>>
The problem with DayZ is, outside of the modded versions of the original mod... All you have as an option is Day Z Standalone.

While it's about to get DX11 optimization, it's still running the legacy DX9 renderer, and it causes HUGE fps drops in city's [by huge, I mean going from 60fps in the wilds, to 15 in city's]

So right this moment, no, I wouldn't say it's worth playing... however, they're saying that on average with their testing the DX11 renderer is seeing double the framerate in city's... we'll have to see what happens when it hits the test server for public.

If you have ArmA II Operation Arrowhead, I'd recommend downloading DayZ and giving it a try at the very least. or as Anon2 mentioned, Try Epoch or Overpoch [both ArmA2 OA mods.]
>>
I've played both the standalone and the Arma 2 mod. They're both pretty fun, but only if you have a great CPU and GPU, as the framerate varies from 60fps in the forests to 20 fps in the cities. In my opinion the Arma 3 DayZ mods are more fun
>>
if you're talking about the standalone.. no. it's far from finished, updates are far apart and the playerbase is already diminished. only the hardcore fanbase remains and they are all looking for something to kill this makes it pretty hard for a noob to actually get somewhere

i stopped playing when they broke zombies. this must be over half a year ago and it's still not properly fixed
>>
Well, in dayz standalone there are still a few problems. I will try to list most of them.

- the current renderer is outdated and based on directx 9, even people with beastly pc's will lag in cities like elektro or cherno, however this problem will be gone in 2 - 3 weeks when the new renderer comes out
- you can fuck with the server and double an item with another person without cheats. 80% of all people do that at the moment, but on most servers its forbidden
- there are cheaters, however less than a year ago. I got killed by one in the last 2 months. Lower ratio than csgo but still
- you can cycle loot (taking loot out of a building to force the server to spawn more till there are hundreds of items) which will lead to crashes on the server
- the server costs are absolutely fucking ridiculous. Some settings cost more and sometimes you have to pay up to 200€ for a server for a month
- the playerbase in EU consists of 60% germans and 39% russians, both annoying as fuck
- the playerbase in US consists of 90% brazilian children
- items like guns disappear sometimes when you place them on the ground for a splitsecond
- sometimes you walk down stairs and simply die
- there is a lot of survival elements outside of cities, however you can not live in the forest without ever going in a city, because you need basic items to craft survival tools because there are still a few crafting recipes missing
- the players turned into massive assholes. There was a time where bandits (people who kill neutral players and players who help new players) werd honorable. They didnt shoot people who just spawned without items, they usually never shot onsight but tried to screw you over. Now 99% of the players are killing on sight, making it nothing but a huge deathmatch.

There are still a lot of good things too tough
- the fighting (melee, shooting) system improved
- cars finally work, still have a few bugs tho (arma mod still better)
- you can build your own base too with tents or barrels
>>
>>677411912
Fuck no. DayZ standalone is crap, the devs are lazy bums and the game is unplayable (also, there are no zombies in DayZ SA. You can play for hours and you will not find a single one). DayZ mod is okay, but quickly gets boring and the extremely stiff character movement of arma 2 makes it worse. Sadly, no large company has decided to steal the concept yet and make a good product. It's hard to expect it from a smaller game company because for sucha game to be really good you need an extremely large open world like Chernarus.
>>
>>677416478
>will be gone in 2 - 3 weeks when the new renderer comes out
You know the devs make these promises all the time? The game is now 4 years old or so and SA still sucks ass in comparison to the mod. It will never be good.
>>
>>677417445
>No zombies in stand alone.

The fuck are you on about m8? That's some bullshit.
>>
No gamer but somthing related. Had fun watching yt gameplay vids of dayz standalone. Mr. Blackout's dayz diaries are great, pvp and fun stuff. UK gamer.
>>
>>677418325
They removed them little under a year ago to "test stability". They weren't added back since. There are 4 in some town for testing purposes. I tried it a week ago in hopes it would be semi-good by now.
>>
>>677414654
newfag deteced
>>
so which one is better to play ARMA III or DayZ?
>>
>>677419593

ARMA 3, way more game modes and DayZ is so linear and repetitive after a few decent goes at surviving.

Plus new map expansion coming to Arma 3, a forest/jungle type setup based on Samoa/Fiji islands, gonna be epic!
>>
>>677416478
>Lower ratio than csgo but still
found silver
>>
>>677419116
Bullshit. If you shoot in elektro you can prepare for 20 zombies going apeshit on you. Of course you cant find zombies when people cleaned the cities before you arrived there, but there is a decent amount at the moment.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633702560
>>
>>677420034
Supreme
>>
>>677419768

Which will be pointless from all the no grass glitchers out there
>>
>>677420378
dude, youre either dumb as fuck or simply lie. I got over 500 wins, 1,6k hours and still I'd say I've encountered like maybe up to 10 hackers. Thos only 3 of them I was certain about, the rest I just seen on overwatch or got info that some of players I've reported, got banned for life.
>>
File: 1445648832398.jpg (117 KB, 800x870) Image search: [Google]
1445648832398.jpg
117 KB, 800x870
Buy H1Z1 if you want a zombie survival game.
>>
File: 1271920474822.png (165 KB, 510x430) Image search: [Google]
1271920474822.png
165 KB, 510x430
>>677418325
>Bitches about game in alpha status.
>Doesn't understand the entire game is still being made.

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>677421156
4 years it's pretty long for a single game to be fully made, isn't it? Even fucking GTA needed 5 years to be produced
>>
>>677420307
These corpses are preplaced there. Even before they were removed they were so rare it was pointless. I remember in the first versions of the mod if you fired a rifle in cherno or elektro you had like 90 on your ass.
>>
>>677421156
The thread is whether dayZ is a decent game. The answer is no, and is unlikely to ever be due to the incredibly slow production. I got DayZ SA and Kerbal space program at around the same time. Both were in alpha back then. KSP now has about 10 times the content it had back then, vastly improved physics and engine and it's been officially released for some time now, while DayZ SA is still the same crap as it was back then.
>>
Can anyone gift me ARMA 2:OA? I will trade 120 tf2 weapons and items for it
>>
Buy arma 3 and play epoch or exile mods instead
>>
>>677411912
NO.
>barely any zombies
>still break a leg from falling of 4 steps of stairs, or a small rock.
>laggy as fuck
>Zombies glitch through walls and can still hit you

Need gear? head to the airports.
>>
Anyone looking for a DayZ Mod partner?
>>
Seen better progress done by h1z1
>>
File: arma3_tanoa_02.jpg (697 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
arma3_tanoa_02.jpg
697 KB, 1440x810
Standalone is utter shite, it had potential but it died. Stick with A3 Exile servers.
>>
>>677421404
Are you fucking retarded? I shot all of them you god damn retard
>>
>>677422455
Add me. Steam id: noired
>>
any one that still plays dayz is welcome to add me Transcending Darkness
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TranscendingDarkness
there im not on atm cus im in linux mode
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.