Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Be honest: what are your thoughts on suicide?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9
File: hurdles champion.jpg (21 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
hurdles champion.jpg
21 KB, 250x375
Be honest: what are your thoughts on suicide?
>>
wanted to do it a couple times but i'm a huge pussy
>>
>>676177918
why
>>
The solution to life's problems.
I'm gonna an hero in 2020
>>
>>676177785
Suicide is for cowards who can't deal with life being hard. When life gets hard, man the fuck up and fight through it. If you commit suicide, your not contributing anything except pain and sadness to everyone who loved you (and no I do not for one second belive the whiny bullshit excuse "but nobody loves me I'm alone")

Final thoughts, don't commit suicide you fucking pussies. Man up and start dealing with life and you might even start to enjoy it.
>>
You dont choose to come into this world, you should not continue to be held captive here against your will.
>>
>>676177785
Selfish... fucking grow up and take on the world! Think you are upset? Imagine the people who have to take care of your dead body afterwards... pay out for you to be buried... selfishness..
>>
>>676177785
It makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>676178630
Calling it selfish is a dick move. If someone is in pain every day of their life, keeping them here to make yourself feel better is selfish.
>>
>>676178600
You are an uneducated, selfish fool and a manchild. Go tell your parents that and see what their response is. They're likely to call a psychiatrist.
>>
>>676177785
my friend did it and fair play to him because he wasn't a whiny bitch moaning about life he just went out and hung himself one night

probably the last person i would have expected to have done it if i'm honest
>>
>>676178429
I enjoy life, I haven't totally given up
Suicide is my choice and no one else's. I doubt anyone cares about your whiteknignt bullshit. Not if their maniacs like me ;)
>>
Not a question of if, but rather when.
>>
Constant
>>
>>676178429
Why should I have to suffer just to make other people happy? Fuck you
>>
>>676178850
Wasn't whiteknighting. You asked for my thoughts on suicide and there you have them. Furthermore, if you enjoy life and haven't given up, then why even entertain the though of suicide?
>>
>>676178630
Why I'm not going til I have all debts settled and save for the funeral or whatever I feel like when I'm around I'm an inconvenience to those I care about sure as hell don't want to leave that way.
>>
>>676179111
Your suffering is of your own doing. If you want to be happy, act happy and you eventually will be happy. It's that simple
>>
>>676177785
I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts/ behavior and MDD for a while. Do not listen to those who call you coward or selfish because they likely are ignorant and do not understand. My advice though is that if you are suicidal it opens a lot of doors for you if you are not a gigantic pussy. You should try to lose your fear as that will bar you from doing fun shit. Living with a death wish makes life somewhat OK. Just do whatever you want as long as it doesn't make you lose to much freedom, you probably don't want to get arrested.
>>
YEAH THEY MAKE GOOD MUSIC
WAITING FOR THE NEW ALBUM TO DROP
IT CAN BE ANYTIME NOW...
>>
>>676178773
You fail to realize the deep philosophical meaning behind this truth. We're forced to live and no one wants to die. Life is death. Embrace it
>>
recently ive been thinking about wondering off and never comming back and just letting life do its thing
>>
>>676179111
Especially when being alive doesn't actually make anyone happy. Nobody thinks about me if I'm not present
>>
>>676179314
How dare you fail to mention my trips
>>
The one who commit suicide often never travelled and didnt even got the chance to see the world. How dumb would it be to leave the planet before having seen all the wonder in here? Dumb nigger, dont kill yoself. Selfish niggers
>>
the only good suicide is murder-suicide.
>>
>>676179633
Apologies. Nice trips.
>>
File: chirico2.jpg (36 KB, 443x540) Image search: [Google]
chirico2.jpg
36 KB, 443x540
I remember late one night there was a thread on suicide a couple years back, and this one anon wrote something that still resonates with me to this day. I'm paraphrasing but it went something like:
We're born into this world not out of our own will, we're forced to live and endure whatever this world has in store for us on a daily basis not of our own will, we have to keep moving on in accordance to society's rules not of our own will. Our only remaining fundamental right is the choice to take our own life. That is probably the one choice we as human beings are entitled to have.
I don't condone suicide obviously as it's a tragic thing, but I don't condemn those who take their own lives. I wish i still had the screen cap of the quote because i butchered it but he was right.
>>
>>676178773
Of course the parents would call a psychiatrist. Anon over there is their retirement fund!
>>
>>676179782
I agree. That why you gotta make a list of all those who you hate. So that when you finally do decide you leave you can bring some friends.
>>
>>676178429
this tbh fam
>>
Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem, you will get better not the situation, if anyone says "it"gets better that's incorrect the truth is you get better. That's my take, though I'm not suicidal but I've been friends with and spoken to those that have been and are suicidal. Its just not something that is necessary.
>>
>>676179647
People who kill themselves don't ever leave the planet unless their corpse is used as a test dummy to pilot an experimental spacecraft.
>>
>>676180000
Check'd.
But some have mental issues that prevent them from being able to deal with it better. Not all issues are fixed with medication and therapy.
>>
>>676180164
*tips fedora*
>>
I hate people who commit suicide. As a veteran I wont lie the thought has entered my mind on occassion, but I wont let myself be go like that. However, i honestly welcome death sometimes, like if something were to happened and I were to die, Im perfectly ok with it
>>
>>676180342
So what you're saying is your a perfectly normal human being who believes that when it's your time to go, it's your time to go?
>>
>>676180774
if you say so
>>
>>676180222
Check'd again yes I know that and it's a completely different can of worms when it comes to mental illness rather than just emotional distress
>>
after you decide you want to kill yourself, go do all the shit you'd never do in life instead.
>>
>>676180892
I would say so. Seems pretty normal.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
8 KB, 260x194
>>676180342
>>
>>676177785
It's acceptable if a good life is no longer possible. Like if Alzheimer's patients decide to go before the illness takes away your mind. Or when you are presented with choice of either losing your life or betraying everything you believe in (eg early Christian martyrs, Socrates and such).

To avoid suffering is not a good excuse in my mind.
>>
>>676180995
i thought the point of suicide is you don't want to do anything
>>
>>676181136
Yeh I believe that at that point they think that's all they "can" do
>>
>>676181136
There are many different reasons for suicide.
>>
>>676177785
My thoughts are do whatever you want. Just don't blame people for your batshit decisions.
>>
>>676181098
socrates trial was a farce, the man committed a fake suicide to go "underground" and rule greeces golden age.

like hitler etc (except he had to flee to try and extend his miserable mistake and excuse of a life)

senicide should be an option more heavily weighted upon by society

likewise to genetic selection and state enforced steralisation, as was mass policy back in early 1900s USA etc.
>>
>>676181293
But when they get to the point of suicide that's all they want to do
>>
>>676177785
I think that if I ever get diagnosed with some shitty terminal disease, I'd rather do myself in. I'd do it in a crazy way though. I was a combat engineer so I'd probably rig some serious shit and blow myself up.
I think if someone is mentally healthy and chooses to, it's your decision to make.
>>
>>676181382
Where did you even come from with this nigga? Like seriously, outta fuckin nowhere.
>>
>>676181382
Did you just fucking likened Socrates to Hitler you pleb?
>>
I think it's pathetic and the pinnacle of cowardess. The only time it's acceptable is when done religiously at the prime of our life cycle (Satanism) or out of honor.
>>
>>676181385
Not really for many it is used as an escape method for their miserable existence. They can still have fun by doing crazy shit.
>>
>>676177785
I think about it about 80% of the time I'm awake. I don't eat or sleep much. I pretty much exist by lying in bed. Getting older(25), did really well academically previously, settled for mediocrity. People my age are having families and becoming regular boring adults and I have no desire to do that, but it's the only option really. This is my first time being back on /b/ in about 4 months. Probably going to get off here. No reason to even be typing this really.
>>
>>676178630
I'll be dead. It will not be my problem faggot.
>>
>>676181777
Check'd
But how do you have fun and want to kill yourself. Like how does that even work
>>
hitler was a demagouged schizophrenic and anyone who harboured his continued life is likewise vilafied and marked.
>>
for extinction, removal. you and anything bred from your loins = die

its called mass population control and geopolitical strategy. human orderment, illumination, a hundred thousand years.
>>
>>676181812
Do something with your life. Don't settle for mediocrity. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go experience life in your own way. And I don't mean kill yourself. I mean live life to the fullest.
>>
>>676179314
people have varying surroundings. you will see places where no one is acting happy and places where even the people who act as sad as possible are happy in their default state. I fail to see the logic that everyone who is actually sad most of the time are all the result of just deciding to act sad. Honestly there are far less justifiable reasons for some people to lose someone than that someone not wanting to deal with the environment they were given
>>
>>676181954
Well I have mental illness issues so I might not be the best person to answer this but living life with a death wish is fun. Like those who cut themselves to release endorphins adrenaline can be release by doing dangerous task.
>>
Im not suicidal, but the only thing that makes me cherish life, is the thought of the horrible feeling others would get if i die.
>>
File: 1420434505742.png (167 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1420434505742.png
167 KB, 500x313
>>676177785
I think about it more and more every day.

I have a medical condition that is only going to get worse as time goes on, so it crosses my mind quite often.

Things that stop me? Those that depend on me - but the more I think about it, the more I realize that they will be ok in time, and that maybe I should go ahead and an hero.

You asked for my thoughts - there they are.
>>
>>676182278
Samefag
But not entirely
>>
>>676179321
This

I'm finally starting to realize this after ten years
>>
>>676182483
Explain yourself
>>
>>676182516
Glad i'm not the only person that thinks this way.
>>
>>676181812
Same. 28, no goals, literally zero friends. I get no enjoyment out of life. My life is literally nothing but miserable days working a shit retail job and nights spent bitterly jacking off for hours because I have no sex drive.
>>
>>676182604
That is one of the things that keeps me going, but not the only thing, the main thing is I have awesome people surrounding me and such
>>
>>676177785

Suicide is a massive waste of time. Instead of being a faggot and an heroing, I spent my time planning how I could destroy my enemies. It worked.

I am now happy.
>>
>>676177785
>Tfw that girl would rather die than be with you
>>
>>676182935
Kill yourself
>>
>>676183168
Same but In doing this I lost all of my friends and trust for people.
>>
>>676177785
I THINK ABOUT IT OFTEN, THE ONLY REASON I HAVENT DONE IT ITS BECAUSE OF THE THOUGHT OF HURTING THOSE WHOM I LOVE. I JUST CANT BREAK MY MOTHER'S HEART
>>
>>676182935
Try Kratom if it is legal in your state. It made my life bearable for two years until my state made it illegal.
>>
>>676183456
That's all the encouragement I needed.
>>
What does it matter?
In a 100 years, all of us will be forgotten anyway.
>>
File: gott_mit_uns.png (220 KB, 844x947) Image search: [Google]
gott_mit_uns.png
220 KB, 844x947
>>676177785
>Be honest: what are your thoughts on suicide?
Won't send you to Valhalla.
Only your enemies gain from it.
So.. it's unaryan and a despicable display of weakness.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (75 KB, 687x606) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
75 KB, 687x606
>>676183168
L-Lord Edgemaster, please don't hurt me.

Also captcha
>>
>>676178429
I agree with this guy
>>
>>676183843
is it weakness if you do with bomb and defending the fatherland? it is like die in battle honor IMHO
>>
>>676183630
I don't use any drugs. That just seems like making a bad situation worse. I'd rather kill myself.
>>
>>676184010
Yeah, you agree with a closed-minded dumbass that thinks he has the ultimate solution to every depressive/suicidal person's issues. Because you are no different than him - a dumbass.
>>
>>676178235
could you english better?
>>
>>676183923

woooo you funny cunt. You've made the list.
>>
>>676177785
sounds funn
>>
I give myself a couple years tops till i do it
>>
>>676177785
>The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.
>>
>>676183462
That's because you can't trust anyone in the end. You just have yourself.

Who needs friends anyway? Get a dog.
>>
>>676177785
Hey OP, My older step brother committed suicide when he was thirteen years old (I was nine at the time), it literally destroyed both families. All of us remaining siblings (5) have had mental issues drug/alcohol dependencies at some point in our lives. it created a rift between the parents and the children that even after years has never healed.I know sounds kind of cliched.

That said, I think about suicide on an almost daily basis. If I didn't have children of my own (I'm divorced now), I would probably have done it, but the thought of putting them (my kids) through all the emotional trauma stops me. I don't want them to have to grow up going through all the same bullshit I had to deal with.
>>
I think you should go for it OP!

Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
>>676184348
GET. OUT.
>>
File: 1453643408167.gif (3 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1453643408167.gif
3 MB, 400x300
>>676184147
If you die in battle you go to Valhalla and feast with Odin and Thor. If you die a weakling you go to Hel where the weaklings reside and amount to nothing, in Hel Life has no purpose and you're destined to wander around among emptiness and nothingness forever searching for a purpose.

Valhalla gives you peace, but only the strong may enter. And the ultimate proof lies in dying a hero's death and fighting for your honor and self esteem. But the battle needs to be pure. The purity of a warrior's strength is not measured in the lives of children and women. Never forget that the battle needs to be pure.
>>
I think about it daily but I always discover I don't have the guts to follow through which makes me hate myself even more. Hopefully one day my self-loathing will win out over my cowardice and I'll just fucking do it.
>>
>>676177785
I don't care if that's what you want to do. There was a time I wanted to, but I never did. Life is much better now and I'm so glad I didn't.
>>
>>676177785
I think it's a faggy way to go if you're depressed, but I also understand not everyone was cut out to be strong. In the case of euthanasia and self sacrifice, do as you will.
>>
I have considered it many times in the past, but I would never be able to hurt my family or friends like that.
>>
>>676183843
This was the most helpful post in this thread. Thank you.

As for myself, I've been studying (not as in going to school, but actually sitting and reading) for about 8-10 hours a day, every day, for the past 3-4 years for a test for a good governmental job.

My country went to shit and now there won't be any more of these test for quite a long time, which means... well, I'm fucked.

Apart from that, I have a job teaching, about 10h/week. It allows me to pay my studying expenses, some food and gas and that's it.

I'm reaching 30 and I have accomplished nothing, even though I have been putting more hours towards my goal than anyone I've ever known.

I'm sad as fuck.
>>
>>676178600
>>676179111
This
>>
that I'm not a quitter so I wouldn't contemplate it and that it's a form of attention seeking as will as cowardly.
>>
File: 1t6f0x.jpg (63 KB, 528x704) Image search: [Google]
1t6f0x.jpg
63 KB, 528x704
>>676177785
I've been considering it a bit lately. I'm in my early 50's, been laid off from a job I really liked. No dependents, no one really injured if I croak. My FWB would be a little upset, that's all.

No reason NOT to do it. Inertia's what's preventing me at the moment.
>>
When you are so miserable you decide to end yourself is the moment when you are truly free - because anything else you decide to do is a better alternative.
You can go and be a missionary in Africa, you can join army, anything you never had balls to do.
>>
Tried once. I still comtemplate from time to time, but i decided that if I'm gonna do it, i'll wait for my parents pass away. I know how much they love me and they don't deserve to handle that kind of pain.
>>
File: 1446072014228.jpg (152 KB, 655x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446072014228.jpg
152 KB, 655x1024
>>676186943
Don't worry brother, the key is to never give up and constantly push yourself towards your goal.

Dealing with hard times is the ultimate test. It is the difficult times that define us as human beings, it is when nature ultimately categorizes us into two categories of strong and/or weak.

If you survive this, nothing can stop you and you will eventually realize your true potential in this world. When you do, you will know what it means to be a God among lesser beings. You will truly be an übermensch.

Start by not giving up regardless of your situation. Good things come to those who fight.
>>
>>676189035
Man, that picture and the concep of the übermensch feel like dreams. That is one thorough man.

I hear what you say, which is why, On a Sunday holiday I have my face buried in books (apart from short breaks every few hours for moving my body around, house chores and browsing dank memes).

But I gotta tell you, it feels very hard doing it in a 3rd world country. This shit is heavy.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.