Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Who else saw this movie? Opinions?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 631x903) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 631x903
Who else saw this movie? Opinions?
>>
File: 1441423881744.png (79 KB, 296x200) Image search: [Google]
1441423881744.png
79 KB, 296x200
han solo dies
>>
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is amazing
>>
>>674334789
Yeah she was pretty hot, and played the part of edgy girl pretty well
>>
>>674333961
it was the worst movie i have ever seen. it had nothing to do with anything, and then it's an action movie at the last 5 minutes? seriously this is the same man who directed a star wars movie. like what the fuck.
>>
>>674335048
she wasnt edgy, she was scared like the whole movie
>>
>>674333961
i have herpes
>>
>>674336112
She was pretty edgy spilling acid on the guy
>>
>>674336051
I was really hoping for a super twist, but as I expected it wasn't
>>
>>674336051
Good job mouthbreather you completely missed the point of the movie. It's a thriller. The whole movie was tense itms building up to a climax you fucking idiot. "And then it's an action movie" boy you must be 12 or something.
>>
>>674336051
some people just don't get it, it's ok buddy.
and JJ Abrams produced it, This was a directorial debut by some other guy
>>
>>674333961

I thought it was really unexpected and I'm semi confused and pissed off. I liked the first Cloverfield movie. It ended right as we were given a lead on what may have cause the invasion and the slushO Corp or whatever. Then like 8 fuckin years pass and we hear nothing. Then this comes out, a decent enough movie with solid acting by John Goodman. It's clearly a Cloverfield movie but like when are they actually gonna develop the franchise? I feel like we were given the start then some kind of side story. It just leaves the whole thing looking really disjointed.
>>
is there a cloverfield monster?
>>
>>674337521

Yes.
>>
>>674337457
>>674337521
It's not a Cloverfield movie.
>>
>>674337640
yes it is, they are linked
>>
File: 1455074719584.jpg (43 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
1455074719584.jpg
43 KB, 300x286
>>674334450
>>
>>674337640

You're retarded
>>
>>674337713
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-director-of-10-cloverfield-lane-explains-all-about-1764626525
>if we wanted a Cloverfield 2 we'd name it Cloverfield 2
>the name is just to rouse some curiosity
>>
>>674337457
Yeah I vaguely remember the first one but it's been so long. I liked the suspense, and whether if Howard was a fucking psycho or not. I am curious as well if this is gonna be some sort of franchise especially because of the ending.
>>
>>674338074
Wilson worked at the company that dropped the satellite that woke up the cloverfield monster
>>
>>674338074

Imma rouse my foot in someone's dick if they don't develop the Cloverfield story more after this movie. 10 Cloverfield lane even ended openly.
>>
>>674338074
>>674338301
correction, Howard
>>
>>674337713
How are they linked? The soda? If so then i guess Star Trek is a Cloverfield movie as well right?

>>674338067
>>674338074
>>
>>674337457
>>674337713
I don't think it was originally intended to be a Cloverfield movie. We know that it had some reshoots, probably to add references to Cloverfield.

Probably they did it so people would actually watch it. It's a pretty decent movie which originally had the name The Cellar, but no one would have seen it without the title.

It's just marketing to help out a smaller scale film. Which got it seen, but created a lot of confusion. Plus, the aliens we see at the end don't seem to have anything to do with the Cloverfield monster. So apart from the name, and the references to Slusho, they have nothing to do with each other. And probably had even less to do with each other before the name change.

Might as well just enjoy it as its own thing. Movie should've ended when she left, though. Didn't need to keep dragging along after that. It started to get stupid. And I wonder if that had something to do with the marketing stuff too.
>>
>>674338301
Did they say this in the movie? I don't recall
>>
>>674336748
>>
You is autist?
>>
>>674338461

You're clearly trying to rustle Jimmies. The movie says Cloverfield, there's an attack (presumably at the same time as the New York attack), Cloverfield monsters, and a country (if not world) wide war against them. It's a Cloverfield movie.
>>
Why are you guys still saying it's a Cloverfield movie when the director outright said it's not connected to Cloverfield? Literally the only connection is the marketing. Yes, they were aware people would think it's a Cloverfield movie but it just isn't, sorry to say.
>>
>>674338645
No, I did some research, It's all very loose theory. The main point is that JJ Abrams produced Cloverfield. Then he produced This movie and we all like to argue about it.
>>
>>674339047
>Cloverfield monsters
Different monsters... The space worms look nothing like the giant lions. Why are you still denying it i posted the goddamn link to the director saying it himself.
>>
File: Greater Than.png (649 KB, 668x408) Image search: [Google]
Greater Than.png
649 KB, 668x408
Michelle is a way better protagonist than Rey
>>
>>674339072

I'm just talking out of my ass. I didn't realize the director said that but if he did that's still kind of a dumb idea. It's like working the characters from Toy Story into some new animated flick cuz it can't stand up on its own. Really weird ass marketing if you ask me. Which you didn't .
>>
>>674339329
Fuck dude, Maybe I'm wrong, I really liked the movie though!
>>
>>674339532

I would pound them both until I died.
>>
it was very shitty.
>>
>>674339709
HA
>>
File: H92700lg.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
H92700lg.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
Kind of need this toy now
>>
>>674339329

See I saw Cloverfield when it came out and I definitely thought they looked very different but since I thought it was a Cloverfield movie I just went with it like maybe they were just a physically different set of aliens that were part of the same attack. I'm still rustled though. Makes no sense to just be so arbitrary with the Cloverfield name. Not like it was an established franchise anyway but still pissed me off.
>>
>>674338301
Wasn't a satellite it was an egg that hatched the monster which was just a baby....
>>
>>674341078
no, it was a sea monster that woke up from the satellite falling

the cloverfield monster was never supposed to be an alien
>>
>>674338553
It was filmed about 3 years ago, and the production company went out of business, Paramount bought the rights and it sat on a shelf
They looked to make a couple of fast bucks so they renamed it The Cellar to Cloverfield Lane, and brought in JJ to "Produce" a new ending, fans think it is "Cloverfield" and they make a ton of money off a 0 budget film, they win, you loose
The original ending had her come up to nothing, no people, just empty, she gets in a truck and drives until she sees the nuked out skyline of Chicago and realizes everything is over, it had a kind of Twilight Zone episode ending
Instead of a decent small film with a depressing ending, you got a turd, JJ laughs, giving fans the finger again
>>
>>674334789
Them thighs tho
>>
>>674336051
Directed by Dan Trachtenberg, his first feature film.

Produced by J.J. Abrams who directed the new Star Wars movie.
>>
>>674341692
Nope stop perpetuating lies to make the other cloverfield theory about someone in this movie working for the satellite company seem true. The physiological arguments make no sense it's been underwater longer than man had been researching the water and deeper than we can go since we never found it. Yet a satellite hitting the water woke it over all the boats and noise we make smacking the surface. Can't say it sinks to hit the beast cause even a 50 cal bullet hitting water shatters before hitting the bottom of a 5 ft pool so imagine something speeding as it falls from space and it brittle for being heated by the atmosphere drag.
>>
>>674341878
My brother worked on the production, and you have a few facts skewed
Plus, how do we get cheated if the movie is great?
>>
>>674341878
The version we got actually gives the main character an arc, though, which she doesn't really have in the original script. So in my opinion it was kind of an improvement. Depressing endings for the sake of being depressing is stupid. Depressing endings that actually have a purpose, where something is ultimately gained or change, however, can be great.

I would have loved the ending to be less over the top than we got (no action movie bullshit), but keeping the elements that involve her character arc, Then it would have been perfect.
>>
>>674342423
Did you even watch the movie? Howard Stambler worked on satellites, you retard. He was also in the Navy.
>>
File: 1458180752116.gif (449 KB, 229x173) Image search: [Google]
1458180752116.gif
449 KB, 229x173
>>674333961
>>
>>674342423
That was always the prevailing theory way before this movie was even mentioned, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Plus, that's how Slush-O was involved in the Cloverfield universe. It was their satellite, they're a Japanese company (which is why that guy was moving to Japan), as well as a corrupt globally-reaching conglomerate that may very well have done this on purpose. The whole concept of Cloverfield was that all those seemingly random, disparate facts were actually connected, including the monster and the time in which it appeared.
>>
To everyone saying "omg it's not a sequel wtf"
It's a fucking "spiritual successor", he even said that himself.
It takes place in the same universe but involves something else going on elsewhere.
Motherfuck people are stupid.
>>
>>674342763
I'm explicitly talking about the first movie fuckwit. Just cause this movie has a guy working for a satellite company and is a conspiracy theorist (suprise there huh) doesn't mean the satellite waking a water monster is correct. The 1st movie involved an alien egg hatching after falling to the ocean. How else would something that big be dormant for so long as to have been hidden through all of human time
>>
>>674343391
We know less about the furthest depths of the ocean than we do about planets orbiting other stars.
>>
File: Molotov.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
Molotov.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
It was at this point in the movie where i said out lour "What the fuck is this movie." Then I fell in love
>>
File: 1453955625478.gif (1 MB, 374x352) Image search: [Google]
1453955625478.gif
1 MB, 374x352
>>674343803
>>
>>674343803
The ocean. Not giant shit living dormant beneath it for longer than we've been exploring it as my first post stated. If that's your only argument as to why we never found the creature than it makes your satellite hitting the water being what wake him up after so long non-feasible. It wouldn't make it for enough down with such a velocity to wake something that big. That would be like a dust particle landing on your forehead in your sleep. Ain't shit.
>>
>>674344476
Dragging through this depressing autist pissmatch has all been worth it for this gif.
I'm just gonna go read the Cutting Room Floor version.
>>
>>674336800
oh i didnt know that, i apologize
>>
>>674344534
the satellite was MEANT to wake it up

it wasn't an accident

so that means some people probably knew it was there but didn't tell anyone, and woke it up to begin its reign of terror upon the world

you know. Slush-O. who are the real villains of Cloverfield.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 320x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 320x281
So without seeing the movie, If we are talking about it being loosely based off of the 1st which seems to be the leading thought within this group. Time has passed since the first one. If the singular monster starts off in new york and some other anon said the second one ends in Chicago. This means the monster or his minions or whatever the fuck we believe to be the antagonizing species had to have traveled some ways from new york inland to chicago. Is this something we can agree on?
>>
>>674336748
umm ok, jeez man that's pretty harsh. i didnt like the movie and you did. i can live with that if you can, friend. no worries.
>>
>>674344876
and what I was getting at is that it would have emmitted some kind of signal or whatever that it was sensitive to, not that it literally landed on the monster's head

of course that's stupid
>>
>>674342336
dang sorry i didnt know that
>>
>>674344879
Go on..
>>
>>674344879
no, Its all happy days, then all of a sudden shit goes down and you don't know what until she gets out of the bunker
>>
I like it
>>
>>674344879
they don't even look at all related

the aliens are like anus worms and have spaceships

the cloverfield monster was like a weird looking godzilla creature

not much reason to think they're related
>>
>>674345154
Im rambling here mate. Trying to seem some theories together without getting pinned as an autist. Let me formulate.
>>
>>674333961
Acting was fantastic but I was mildly disappointed at the ending I feel like they could have wrote a better ending than just it was aliens all along you know what I mean? A good ending would have been like the helicopters they heard were police looking for her or some crazy shite know what Im saying. Anyway yea its like a solid 8/10 good suspense and acting make up for the ending I think
>>
winstead's ass was best supporting actor
>>
>>674345317
Just watch the movie. It was REALLY good and worth the 12 bucks
>>
>>674344879
they aren't related. I've seen it and the new one is a psychological thriller where like 3 people are stuck in a basement. Totally unrelated
>>
>>674345372
so one cliche ending would've been way better than some other cliche ending?
>>
>>674344879
This is me. So. Thinking back to the original one, wasnt there a smaller cockroach looking armada that bit people then made them splode' ? If so I believe that we may be able to spring these monsters into play because although the first movie focused on that enormous faggot fuck there were smaller shits going about killing people right?
>>
>>674345589
they weren't in 10 Cloverfield Lane, so not much point discussing them
>>
>>674345085
And this monster they knew nothing about but somehow knew it was there and it could perceive signals a satellite they control happens to be able to emit.... without ever testing the creatures reactions to the signal. It would be more feasible saying they build a probe that brought the egg from another planet in space to our ocean as you just said we know more about space than our ocean yourself. But good old slusho has the best scientists and they know everything about big beasts in the big unknown ocean...... I guess big Kahana burger is responsible for what happened to django since that's another director that has a brand name carry between films that all must obviously be connected somehow right
>>
>>674345719
You motherfucker. What im saying is that we cant rule out that other monsters dont exist.
>>
>>674343300
so this happens while clover's in new york?
>>
>>674345822
exactly, I'm glad to hear we're on the same page
>>
>>674345515
Are you Alfredo?
>>
>>674345881
so?
>>
File: 1458019102013.png (100 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1458019102013.png
100 KB, 292x257
I honestly thought that it was a decent movie. Pic not related
>>
Is this on the interwebs where I can watch it?
>>
They realised it was never gonna do well on its own so they attached the cloverfield name to it even though it 100 percent had nothing to do with cloverfield. A shameless cash grab cause they realised with a microbudget if they only made 10 million off tricking people with the cloverfield name then they'd still make a profit.
>>
File: image.png (160 KB, 432x358) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160 KB, 432x358
>>674346398
In conclusion, The data ive gathered in this thread shows that we can assume that these movies are linked. I'd also like to bring to the table the alien from the movie Super 8 can also be linked to this string theory.
>>
>>674346746
>The data ive gathered in this thread shows that we can assume that these movies are linked
nope. not linked at all. don't know why people pretend they are.
>>
>>674347032
Dont acknolwedge half my post ever again.
>>
>probe from earth has alien egg from other planet
>crashes, falls into ocean
>clover hatches
>grows for awhile and attacks
>aliens follow probe to earth and invade shortly after
>clover is just a wild animal from their planet

is this correct?
>>
>>674347282Makes more sense than half the shit people are theorizing
>>
it was a good movie
>>
>>674346746
>the movies are obviously linked and take place in the same universe because nothing directly contradicts that, even though nothing suggests it either
Nice reasoning, Sherlock.

The brands we see between the two are in other of films produced and directed by JJ Abrams. It's a directorial calling card, not a real in-universe connection.

Plus, those who made this movie unambiguously stated that the two movies are not related, and the name Cloverfield is simply an anthology label. They may continue it from this point forward, with Cloverfield in the title meaning it's going to be some kind of dark sci fi thriller/horror movie that involves JJ Abrams, but doesn't mean there's a shared continuity between them.

Now it may come to pass that they decided to connect them together as time goes on, but nothing so far suggests that they are really connected in that way. So there's no reason to assume that it is. Just relax and don't spend so much mental energy trying to make sense of it.
>>
>>674333961
Do we know who the girl in the attic was for sure?
>>
>>674347282
>is this correct?
It's not like anyone could say for sure. The movies don't provide enough information to draw any real conclusion, so that's all just conjecture.

Besides, the creators of this movie stated that it's not directly related to the first Cloverfield movie. It's not a sequel, and does not share a continuity.
>>
>>674347250
wut?
>>
>>674347626
you sure about that senpai?
>>
>>674347626

I could see it being a handful of movies, each unconnected, thwt culminates in a movie about the first company to develop either interuniversal travel or interuniversal data exchange (tagruato) and all its different incarnations from the multiverse are exchanging data in their efforts to advance humanity. And that the movies we're seeing are the movies where things go wrong and tagruato from that universe dumps its data to the other ones so that each new major negative event doesnt happen or is planned for or whatever.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.