Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

I go to college but don't really know anyone there. So I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
I go to college but don't really know anyone there. So I have a shitload of free time in which I read, listen to music, or watch old Simpsons episodes but I still feel depressed. I'd love to meet people, maybe get a girlfriend, but I don't enjoy going out to party and such that much ...
>>
>>674304448
CLUBS DUDE CLUBS, THE COLLEGE KIND OF CLUBS JOIN SOME
>>
>>674305352
you mean like a debate club? stuff like that?
>>
>>674305503
Way to think of the most boring example. There are clubs for anything.
>>
>>674304448

I would be in the exact same situation as you if it weren't for the fact that many of my high school pals went to the same college as me. I don't do parties. But I did make some friends through study groups.
>>
>>674304448
I'm so jealous of your problem. I never could really go to college (I'm not American btw).

Anyway, afaik it'll probably be the best years of your life or that people say so don't worry too much.

Sorry for being useless.
>>
>>674304448
Go into the student lounge and play super smash bros. Thats where all the lesser socially-able people go to socialize.
>>
>>674306548
This is from personal experience.
>>
>>674306548
Hey I actually already thought about doing this. Seems like a good idea, I'll definitely try this in the new semester
>>
Get out of your comfort zone and talk with some wholesome nerdy girl from class or something
>>
>>674307286
go do it now, 98% chance they will want to teach you to "Git Gud"
>>
>>674304448
Your life sounds amazing
>>
>>674304448
Do you do any drugs?
>>
>>674307765
It actually is pretty good, a bit repetitive maybe, in summer I totally love it but winter all alone gets to me, that's when I'd like to know more people and be more social.
>>
>>674308861
not really, wouldn't mind trying weed out though, never have. Other than that I'm not really interested in any other drugs
>>
>>674309484
Weed is a great way to get mad chill and maybe become social. At the very least it makes music and The Simpsons way better. Where do you go to college? State or country wise. How bad is the depression?
>>
File: 1456347735902.jpg (62 KB, 960x810) Image search: [Google]
1456347735902.jpg
62 KB, 960x810
>>674308861
>>
I feel you bro. Same situation. Nearly graduated. I second the clubs, the weed, and the smash. Just make sure it's melee.

You said you're not interested in drugs, but I'd also like to make a plug for shrooms. A good,introspective trip now and again has been very good--and enlightening-- for me. Weed first. You gotta know if youre comfy in am altered state.

Stay strong anon
>>
Dude you don't need to meet chicks at parties just meet on in the library or café of some shit. Be confident and deliberate and tell her your a serious mother fucker and if she don't put out... well ya know. No no seriously though get involved in some coed sports or some other activities where you're meeting people who are like minded and you will be fine. Don't forget yer rubbers either. god I feel like your dad
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 555x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 555x421
>>674304448
Op, I am in the exact same position as you.

It deeply saddens me because I feel that everyone in the "popular" groups of today are all common fags. Dabs, xbox, youtube , dub, and trucks. Thats All I fucking hear anybody talk about and they bore the fuck out of me. Also, all good girls are gone, taken, slutty, or have a kid. Life kinda sucks m80
>>
>>674310308
Germany
In the summer I don't feel sad at all but in winter I often get it, might be because of too little light as well, and then I often feel not content with my situation, want to change it but fail to start doing so.
>>
File: 1456553961011.png (706 KB, 720x692) Image search: [Google]
1456553961011.png
706 KB, 720x692
>>674311189
i was gonna mention LSD instead of shrooms, haha. its why i asked about his depression. have you tried LSD and shrooms anon? not at the same time
>>
>>674311189

dont do shrooms op. my friend did too much a while ago and is another dimension now hes fucked up as shit
>>
>>674304448
Hustle... it is the best way to meet people.
>>
>>674304448
Where do you go?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 320x180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwFZj3YPwY
>>
>>674311887
What about dropping acid?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 604x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 604x613
>>674311887
Well dont be fucking retarded with drugs.
You normies cant handle it and scare the noobies from trying. Stfu
>>
>>674312245

he did both tbh. at first he was ok but after a while he really got fucked. all he does it talk to himself out loud and gets really angry at people for no reason...kinda sucks ill never really know him anymore. anyways just stay away from it man thats all i can say
>>
>>674312377

>noobies

it starts off that way and then it turns your world around
>>
>>674305352
>>674305688
Not OP but my college has a book club, a chemistry club, a my little pony club, and a stargazing club. Clubs are kinda dead.
>>
>>674312531
Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't going to try shrooms or LSD anyways. It's kind of intriguing but to me personally it's not worth the risk.
>>
File: image.jpg (468 KB, 1032x862) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468 KB, 1032x862
Op, dont listen to anti shroom anon.
Just be smart with your psychedelics, and everything will be fine. I promise.

1-2 grams of mushrooms fuckin rocks. Colors are extremely vibrant, things get gooey and look wet.

Havent done lsd yet, but be extra sooper doobie careful getting lsd. 90%of what you find will be a research chem, so make sure you know what you have. Domt do research chems.
>>
>>674304448
Yo OP give volunteer work a try, look around find one with a hottie and just make fun of her with a jokingly attitude. works every time.
>>
>>674311805
Both, seperately. Not something I take lightly. At the end of the day I'm just fucking with my brain chemistry-- which is important to keep in mind: I keep a healthy skepticism about any epiphanies I have while under the influence and I never trip too often.

Self medicating for depression with psychedelics is tricky because you're already in a bad mindset for it. However,if you can handle it, it's great self reflection.

One of the most 'productive' trips I've ever had involved me bawling in the shower about a deteriorating relationship with some freinds back home who are heavy into hard drugs. To each their own. If you are comfortable inside your own head, I say try it for sure. Be smart.
>>
>>674311802
it sounds like a seasonal thing so not too bad. try some acid OP. just dont over do it. thats when people lose their minds and shit. start off with some weed
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 236x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 236x340
>>674313007
Also, mushrooms are a miracle entheogen.
The afterglow you feel in your body and mind will last for days afterward. Very peaceful and introspective.

Also shrooms are good for your brain. No joke.
They help repair neural pathways, and have slight regenerative ability. Also keeps the headaches away.
>>
Jose Angel?
>>
>>674311887
how much shrooms did he eat? how is he fucked up?

>>674312531
how much did he take? how many times in his life? so he's like this all the time or just when high?

>>674312795
just take one tab/drop of acid or 1.75g of shrooms anon. this wont make you lose your mind unless you have serious depression
>>
Hey op. Get involved with people who shares he same thing. Like , volunteer jobs. Study groups of something you like. If you go to party to find someone and you don't lime party. High chances of this person be a party person. Wrong start, you ll not share same things. Just go and talk with people. Some are rude, some are dumb. Bit there are good people out there. It's ok if you don't have billions of friends . Quality before quantity in this case is gold !

Stay strong
>>
Hit the bong and do your shit, no need to get more than yourself and hone your studies to excel in studies, friends come and go but knowledge stays, don't worry, it's not addictive.
>>
File: PHcBa4k.jpg (3 MB, 2538x3111) Image search: [Google]
PHcBa4k.jpg
3 MB, 2538x3111
Looks like I might derailed your thread by mentioning shrooms, OP. Sorry.
>>
>>674304448
tinder i met my GF on tinder from my college we were both from the area but didn't know anybody, we became best friends and lovers, we're both in graduate school together now and have an apartment
>>
>>674304448

> study your shit
> fuck friends
>>
>>674304448
>watch old Simpsons episodes, but still feel depressed
>but you still feel depressed
>but?

Those are symptoms of your depression. Depression isn't something that passes over you like a cloud. It is something you need to actively combat.

>>674307286

Start smoking weed.
>>
File: Attack On Titan iconic moment.jpg (151 KB, 1000x738) Image search: [Google]
Attack On Titan iconic moment.jpg
151 KB, 1000x738
>>674304448
>I go to college but don't really know anyone there.

If you live in an off campus apartment then it's pretty easy to isolate yourself if all you do is simply go to classes, the library, labs, and work. If you stay in a dorm, they typically have both intra and inter dorm activities and parties as well as be participants in on-campus officially sanctioned events. You can meet lots of people of both sexes that way.

As for clubs, hmm, that can be highly variable depending on the type of club. Some clubs just don't socialize but are for accomplishing things. Some other honorary clubs are good even if they don't socialize much BECAUSE being a member of those (such as an honorary) opens up doors to other semi-exclusive events where people of the opposite sex are already impressed. So in one respect you have a head start there.
>>
>>674313353
so how is it fucking up the brain chemistry? ive tripped once a week for about 4 months now.

ive felt myself dive into a dark place while tripping and played around with the thoughts a little. started becoming way to real and i routed back to "normal". was a bitch though

that sounds incredible anon. the experience you went through. you ever try DMT?
>>
>>674304448
>watch old Simpsons episodes, but still feel depressed
>but you still feel depressed
>but?

Those are symptoms of your depression. Of course you wouldn't feel better after doing that.

Depression isn't always something that passes over you like a cloud. Depression lasting 3 months or longer is more of a chronic situation and it is something you need to actively combat.
>>
>>674314582
Spending my time watching Simpsons might be one of the best ways to spend it, season 3 to 8 are pretty much a goldmine for great comedy. I tried other shows, I'll watch Seinfeld quite a bit too but most other shows don't really interest me.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.