Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

So I finally decided to look into this theory, I went to my parents

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 225x224
So I finally decided to look into this theory, I went to my parents house and found two BerenstAin Bears books on the shelf. Before I explained it, I asked my mother how she recalled it, she said BeranstEin Bears. This struck me as especially inticing as her last name from a previous marriage was a German name, ending "stein". I don't think she would recall falsely, being able to relate it to her own name she spelled for years.

Does anyone have any other Berenstein bear stories?
>>
It's ein you fucking autist
>>
>>674278480
Wrong. Google it.
>>
>>674278912
Lmao it's ein you piece of trash

I just Google it
>>
I have something about the theory, but not the bears.
It happened when I was watching Naruto Shippuden, /spoiler/ the English subbed episodes and English dubbed episodes were different. This happened when Sasuke went to the jail in the desert to rescue Jugo, in the subbed version he doesn't attack Sasuke because the girl is the one that opens the door, but in the dubbed Sasuke opens the door and they have a huge fight that I hadn't remembered happening. I haven't had the chance to re-watch the episodes, so it could just be an unlikely difference between the two versions.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>674278248
>>
>>674279414
Animes have been known to cut scenes between regions but idk of any instances of it changing it like that.

Also, I'd like to add, does anyone watch reruns of family guy or another tv show or movie and realize, "I've never seen this particular scene ever, but I've seen this episode/movie a dozen times"
Maybe by astronomical chance i was distracted by my phone, gone to the bathroom or did something else at that exact same moment every time I watched it.
It's happened on a few occasions.
>>
>>674278248
I have like 50 of those books somewhere in my house
>>
>>674281245
Pics?
How do you remember them being spelled?
>>
>>674280740
Yes.
and sometimes a whole new episode will appear even though I was sure one day I sat and watched them all in order
>>
>>674280740
>>674281438
It's glitches in the matrix man
>>
>>674279414
What theory? I'm intrigued anon.
>>
>>674281245
From memory ow do you spell Berenst_in?
>>
When I was that age, I remember being confused about how it was spelled
Sometimes I would see it as ain and sometimes ein
I remember specifically being confused and not figuring it out
I hated the ein spelling because it just felt wrong, and I wished it would go away
then it did
>>
>>674281878
http://www.vice.com/read/the-berensteain-bears-conspiracy-theory-that-has-convinced-the-internet-there-are-parallel-universes
>>
>>674282279
You were one of the ones that crossed over to our universe
>>
>>674278248
This is not mysterious at all. As a child your reading comprehension was much lower. It was spelled berenstain, but how many children were taking the time to sound it out and commit it to memory like that? Much more likely they/you would glean over it and recall it as a more socially familiar (read jewish) and also simply better sounding when said before the word bears.

Adults would not have really cared and be more likely to remember it how their children remembered it, if at all.

Woosh.
>>
It's stein but I cannot for the life of me prove it and it's driving me up a fucking wall
>>
Okay kiddos, its story time. Those "autists" are correct. it is the berenstain bears. I for one remember it berenstein though. This is part of something called the Mandela Effect named after, guess who, Nelson Mandela. In 2013 when Nelson Mandela died, it was tragic for the world. Except, some remember him dying at a different time, like 1980. They remember him dying in a prison in the 80's. This is what coined the term "Mandela Effect". other instances of this happening include the Pepsi colors suddenly switching to the opposite sides,
Mr. Rogers song "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor." The Challenger Explosion,"Magic Mirror on the wall" and Shaq starring in "Kazaam"
>>
Maybe little kids are retarded and everyone was reading it wrong
>>
>>674283122
Did you read OP's post at all about his mother relating the original spelling to her own last name?
>>
>>674283431
I read the post about OP making a loose supposition that his mother never actually mentioned nor implied, yes sir.
>>
>>674283360
>I can use wikipedia

Man if only our entire generation had the crack research skills you do.
>>
File: Go to camp.jpg (72 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
Go to camp.jpg
72 KB, 460x460
>>674278248
>>
>>674284314
If only there was a wiki for Mandela Effect bud
>>
I remember Berenstain.

I think the explanation for this phenomenon is that as we grow up, we forget about these books. At the same time, we learn more rules of language and names, and 'stein' is very common, 'stain' is almost non-existent. So once our conditioned brains re-visit the cover of those books, they're applying these rules to our very old memory of the name. It just makes logical sense to us that it's Berenstein and not Berenstain, so we think that's how it was really spelled.
>>
just fuck me up fam I remember berenstein as well
>>
>>674284817
www.linkprovingurafaget.com/mention_one_thing_that_has_no_wikipedia_article.com
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.