Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

When did you stop living with your parents, /b/? I'm moving

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: yeahhhh.jpg (873 KB, 2000x1350) Image search: [Google]
yeahhhh.jpg
873 KB, 2000x1350
When did you stop living with your parents, /b/?
I'm moving out this summer, right after I turn 20. All of my friends from high school are long gone, have I stayed with my parents unusually long?
>>
>>674273058
I moved out when I was 21 becuase I was trying to pay my car off first. My brother moved out at 23 for the same reason.
>>
>>674273058
None my mummy don't want me to leave my home she said there's too many bad people out there you might not survive on your own... Thats why i decide not to leave home till they die and i got to inherit the home later on im 30 by the way still jobless
>>
>>674273272
partially the reason I stayed, I also just went to school. but i live in an unbearably boring place, so I'm moving to los angeles with some friends.
>>
File: 153080.jpg (26 KB, 445x357) Image search: [Google]
153080.jpg
26 KB, 445x357
>>674273058
Hard to say in my case. I left when I was 18 to join the Air Force, but washed out during Basic and had to move back for a few months. Went to Job Corps, got the hell out of that, then moved in with an aunt two states over...who soon kicked me out, and I had to live with a cousin in the same city for a couple of months. Well, he had to deploy, and I had to leave his home...which sent me back to my parents' house.

A lot of shit happened after that, which even lead to us moving overseas and I continued to live with them while going to college/uni. Had to come back to the U.S. with them, at which time I transferred to the uni I'm at now, and have lived in the dorms ever since.

Though I have had to go back to their house during Winter breaks (seriously, why can't we just stay in the dorms?).
>>
>>674273058
I moved out when I was 21. had been going to college, dropped out due to health reasons, got a couple part time jobs, then got an apartment soon after
>>
>>674274904
>seriously, why can't we just stay in the dorms?
I agree, though I think if they had to keep the heat on and keep a staff member or two there over break, the room and board would be more expensive for everybody.
>>
>>674273058
Nah nigger I left at 19, am 27 now and many of my old friends still live with their parents.
>>
File: brawny barclay.gif (282 KB, 400x171) Image search: [Google]
brawny barclay.gif
282 KB, 400x171
>>674275395
Oh pshaw, our tuition and such keep rising anyway (which I've come to find out is because more money is being funneled into the athletics department), plus with as much as we pay now, we SHOULD be able to stay in. I mean, if it's that big a deal, I could just bring in my own space-heater. It doesn't even get cold during the winters here any more.

>be me
>be 26 (27 tomorrow)
>still have bed-time
Fuuuck that...
>>
theres no point in going out
>>
>>674274904
where you going to uni at? I'm gonna try to transfer after this next year. also, how old are you now?
>>
File: Kes76.jpg (28 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Kes76.jpg
28 KB, 576x432
>>674276142
Georgia State. I'll be 27 tomorrow. I started in Korea, taking classes offered by University of Maryland University College Asian Division.
>>
>>674275643
under what circumstances did you leave? did you go to college or something, or just moved and got a job? I feel like a huge rush to move out, as I am afraid of becoming like a lot of people in my family who are older than 30 and still living with their parents.
>>
>>674273058
Britbong here, I was at school until 16, college until 18, worked a shitty job for a year before deciding to go back to college to do something I wanted to. Went back to college from being 20-24 (I wasn't a slacker, I worked 2 jobs and invested while studying a full time college course). Started working at 24, worked 2 jobs to pay off my debts and save up for a house desposit. 27 and I'm getting desperate to move out now. Finally move out 2 days before my 28th birthday.

TL;DR - I was 27 when I moved out
>>
>>674276743
I gone to study and met a bird with which I moved in a year later.

Honestly, moving out early is one of the best things you can do if you're able to afford it.
>>
i leave home at 15. i had a room in a City 50km from my parents my parents payed for, at 17 i worked in my first Job and i had my own Appartement i have to pay for... with 18. i quit my country for a year the first time ...
>>
What is with this "move out asap" meme?

Lived in dormitory for 5 years. Money from scholarship and occasional work. Sure I was back home on some weekends.

Studies finished.

25 now, moved back into my house, work is close, i split bills with my mother (we both earn on that) and have fucking home meals almost whenever I want.

100% privacy with girlfriend + waiting breakfast when we wake up on saturdays noon.

Seriously, proving at all cost you don't need nobody in your house to be a grown man, is riddicoulus.
>>
File: 1457754274788.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1457754274788.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>>674277389
It's just social norm. As soon as you hit 18, you're 'expected' to move completely out of your parents' house, go to college, have a full-time job, become an instant success right after you graduate, etc. If you deviate from that, you're considered 'broken.'
>>
>>674277737
So if i don't leave my mother and move out even to a rent apartment in the same city, I'm considered to be broken?

Ok I can totally undrstand when somebody is dealing with over-protective parents or simply retards. But in normal situation....
>>
File: 1434775846051.jpg (85 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
1434775846051.jpg
85 KB, 648x595
>>674278095
Yeah. Just watch any movie or look at what society deems "okay." You're supposed to treat your parents like wiping the dust off your shoe. I don't agree with it (has it ever been like this?), but that's what people expect.
>>
I moved out at 24-25ish? I'm 30 now and still have a few friend living with parents. It may be a cultural thing too, they're Asian.
>>
I was 39 when I moved out.
>>
>I left my parents at 18 for uni.
>after graduate, I moved to another continent, no friends, no one I knew.
>started from zero, 10 years later I am a happy man with my own family and friends
>visit parents and friends back there twice a year

what are you waiting for OP ?
>>
>>674278331
Fuck those people.
I have a friend that is renting a 35m2 flat with his gilfriend despite the fact that his parents have a fucking 350m2 housee with like 3 floor all meeting the needs for another family. He's the only kid.

>muh freedom
>>
Im 23 and still live with my mom. Should i kill myself?
>>
I moved out at 26 from my parents - straight into the new flat with my girlfriend (now wife).

Never had the money to pay rent for my own place, my parents are in debt.

I'm studying and my part-time job pay 450€. So I would had to choose: Stay at home or get in debt.

I'd rather be laughed at by some 20'sh kids who get their flat paid by their parents than live with debt. Don't know.
>>
>>674273058
Loool fresh 28 here and I still live with my parents. Finished university last year (in the same city I live), started working in the same city (i live in the capital).

It is just much cheaper and given the fact that I most of the time do nothing but work or lurk or visit GF who lives abroad for a weekend per two weeks or so.... not too bright motivation to get on my own. Saving money for a scooter anyway.
>>
>>674273058
>Be me
>Low key drop out in 8th grade
>Never got GED
>Do nothing but play video games for 6 years
>Lose all rl friends
>Feel shitty leeching off my mom
>Find lawn care

Which brings us to now. I'm 21, starting this business and if Murphy and his law of fuck you doesn't intervene I'll be out of my parent's house by next year.
>>
>>674278784
from which country to which?

i also left my country for uni, but thinking about going back after graduating, it just suck not speaking your language ect
>>
>moved out by 20
>not really by choice
>dad died at 18
>mom went at 19
>no where else to go
>not that bad if i don't think about it
>>
17. I moved across the country to live with a girl I met in an online game.
>>
>>674279991
from south east Asia to France.
worked for a year to save some money before I came here.
I didn't speak a word, had to learn the language then get in to master.
Not easy but it was fun.
>>
>>674277737
You are a little "anti-normie"-normie shit.

>As soon as you hit 18, you're 'expected' to move completely out of your parents' house, go to college, have a full-time job, become an instant success right after you graduate, etc.

I did all that and am now bigger and stronger mentally and bank-account wise than you will ever by. Stop the jealous rage nigger.
>>
>>674280614
Good on you bro. I like people like you.
>>
>>674279706
>Saving money for a scooter anyway.
kek. You wouldn't be able to afford living on your own anyways so don't even bother justifying.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.