Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

I refuse to tip. The circumstances are irrelevant. I will pay

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 15
File: 4.jpg (83 KB, 532x654) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
83 KB, 532x654
I refuse to tip. The circumstances are irrelevant. I will pay what I owe and do not add even one extra cent onto that as gratuity. If the person serving me wants more money, they should get a second job.
>>
I agree with you 100%. Price your fucking wages into the menu dumbasses. Tips don't lead to better fucking service, it's just a fucking entitlement at this point.
>>
Cool. More of that pic?
>>
> germany
> nearly never tip
>>
>>671691881
Google.com.
>>
>>671691406
If it's a mom and pop place, I'll tip, they can't afford to break the tipping based model. If it's a chain, nope.
>>
>>671691978
this
>>
>>671692675
This guy gets it
>>
>>671692675
when you want to reshape and plane rough lumber, you have to tolerate some tear outs
>>
>>671691406
>>671691805
>>never worked a day in their lives
>>
I too hate everyone on this planet. A year ago I'd call you a fag but now I see that everyone on earth is a monster and you owe nobody but yourself anything.
>>
>>671691406
Here in Norway it's far from normal to tip. I don't think I have ever tipped here.

I've also worked with handeling customers for about 4.5 years, and I've been tiped once (and that was only about 1$)
>>
I work at Papa Johns. We drivers track people who dont tip in our town, and the next time they order we leave spit, ballsack rubbings, smears of mucous on the crusts where the bacteria won't be harmed by the heat. It's small victory for going home broke at the end of the day. Everybody has their burden to carry.
>>
>>671694407
Btw: the guy who tiped were high as a fucking weather baloon
>>
>>671694509
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>your life
>>
>>671694624
kek, Norsker og deres hasj!
>>
>>671694509
>life of a dropout
>>
>>671691406

How do people keep falling for this bait? If you are going to reply, there better be something in the Options bar.
>>
>>671694509
You are a sad person. Taking out your teenage angst on patrons because your employer is shit tier.
>>
>>671694806
Eh, I take my victories where I can get them. I've worked at many delivery joints and it's pretty much the same. I'm broke all the time. You're forced to eat traces of my excrement. The world keeps a turnin.
>>
>>671691406
ITT: autistic man-children with a sick and warped perspective. Nobody wants to wait on you, let alone be in your presence at all. You are insufferable human beings with inflated egos.
>>
>>671694698
Can't argue with this, it's all a joke ain't it. This is how I rationalize rubbing the leftover dampness from a nice shit on pizza crust.
>>
>>671695043
>victories
8/10 people don't eat your shitty dominos crust
Enjoy scraping by and wiping Parmesan and garlic sauce off your nuts
>>
I tip only when service is poor. Why? To reinforce my belief that cause and effect should (must?) be severed in a capitalist system.
>>
>>671693710
This /thread
>>
You all better be using something in that options bar when you reply. Don't let OP use you for his personal benefit.
>>
>>671694509
If you bothered to look into it, the practice of tipping is one that does no good and needs to go away. It was once looked down upon to tip, it should have stayed that way.

So all you are really doing is being a prick to someone else who obviously is NOT obligated to pay what your employee should be paying you. Which turns away customers, leads to slower business, and continued shit pay for you indefinitely.

Not our fault that you are a fucking degenerate with zero discernable skills.
>>
>>671695210
Jokes on you, bub. I work at Papa johns. 9/10 ppl just LOVE the crust there. The breadsticks are an especially fine canvas. Smear what I have, then lay that garlic butter sauce (usually room temp) on top. Good source of vitamins.
>>
>>671695568
>>671695579

Options bar, please people. OP makes money off of your replies. He's using you. Jesus, don't let someone play you like that.
>>
>>671695043
Hope you get busted and publicly shamed.
>>
>>671695568
Fool. You sound like a little privileged fuck who was handed everything. These are working people- not some lazy begging fag or lazy neet in moms basement. It is 't their fault they aren't paid fair wages and taxed on recorded tips.
>>
>>671695420
>>671695666
???
>>
>>671696039
What's the moral difference? To a genuine leftist, there is none.
>>
>>671691406
I cant disagree with you, but, if you're from NA, a waiter who is not tipped enough is supposed to be covered to minimum wage by their employer, which in turn dips into the companies profits.
Alot of people seem to think this will cause food costs at a restaurant to go up, which may or may not be true.
I'd like to throw out how I do/don't tip tho.
I base my experience on, how fast I receive my food, how well it is prepared, how much service my waiter/waitress gives me, how many others my waiter/waitress is attending, how polite my waiter/waitress is to me, and how much time I have spent eating or hanging around past a 30 minute mark.
In your average place there should be waiters/waitresses competing for tables, and on average might get 3-5$ a tip per table, if they are able to hit 3 tables minimum per hour, they are making 9-15$ an hour, give or take from those who do not tip.
I have been to places before where there is 1 person working, and the place is either full, or empty. Normally if the place is full, I tip about 5$ for every 30-60 minutes I am there, regardless of how often I am attended to, as long as my food arrives in decent time. When the place lacks business and only 1 person is working, I've found myself leaving 20$ tips, out of pity.

Also, to all the pizza delivery boys arguing in here, I normally tip for delivery, but I'd rather tip the cook for their good job, not some last minute mailman. Your debates are making me severely rethink ever getting delivery again, maybe from now on I'll just go pick up an order and tip whoever made my pizza.
>>
>>671695174
like really, you are so far below niggers and jews you cannot even fathom it. Your shitty life choices and the backwards economical system where you live is so fucked up, all you do is take it out on godfearing citizens by smearing your degenrated ballsack fluids all over their pizzas.
>>
>>671691406
Spoken like a true jew
I bet hillary would be proud of you
>>
>>671695579
Who the fuck even eats Papa Johns?
That's like eating shit, you don't even need the retarded delivery boys
>>
>>671693710
Maybe they work in a office and have never done a lower paid job ?
>>
>>671696193
Tipping is a fucking joke, instead of paying your waiters $3/h and expecting your customers to pay their bills you should give them a reasonable wage
>>
>>671695103
Welcome to scandinavia, where employees salaries are paid by the company they work for, not as extras by the customers.

>Cognitive functioning is a nice thing
>>
>>671694902
I am sad alot, it's one thing that brings me joy though. Especially when I deliver the pizza and see the even sadder fuck that is about to be inoculated with my biofluids. Protip, if your driver looks like he's about to lose his shit laughing at the end of the transaction, it means you better take an antibiotic with your meal!
>>
>>671696108
What are you, retarded?
>>
>>671696451
There's no difference between working for a wage and begging. None. In both cases money is given from one person to another - and given that neither is truly coerced, we can assume it is a relationship that the 'giver' consents to (meaning it may even be perceived as mutually beneficial in both cases).
>>
>>671696177
This thread brings me so much more joy. Seriously thank you, I've thought about stopping but this brings new purpose to my campaign of body waste.
>>
>>671695579
My parents own 3 Papa Johns franchises. I can promise you you're trolling. All prep areas are on camera, not only accessible to the owner, but also to corporate.
>>
>>671691406
You're not wrong you're just an asshole
>>
>>671696758
I live in a country where people are paid a good portion more than in USA USA USA!

Shit on my friend, shit on. also please get yourself some hemorrhoids, they will do wonders for your smearing business.
>>
>>671696171
Pizza guy here, that actually probably the best thing you can do. Less room for us to fuck with your food.
>>
>>671696309
>yelling at me like it's my job to control wages
Kek, stop being mad you fag. No one is demanding you tip, you're just a jew for not tipping. Embrace it.
>>
>ITT basement dwelling neckbeards tell people they do t tip their moms when she brings them hot pockets and used dildos.
>>
>>671691406
Do you at least tell your waiters and waitresses that before they become your bitch for an hour?
>>
>>671696990
are'nt we all?
>>
>>671696999
No. I dine out to enjoy myself have enjoy a good meal, not help pay someone's rent.
>>
Not that I'm citing this as truth. But y'all need to lay back and have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
>>
>>671696798
Dude, do you honestly think that the 4 cameras they have (one on the cook line, one pointing at the oven, one at the parking lot, one in the bathroom hallway) could detect an action so subtitle while we have our hands all over the pizza anyway? Or that evey time we go to take a piss we wash hands? Or clean the dirty dishes soaking in the sink all day. An average restaurant will contaminate the hell out of your food on accident because of poor hygene. He'll we keep all the boxes that the pizza is made in by a fucking sewage pipe that backs up all the time!
>>
>>671694509
thats a felony
>>
File: mr pink.jpg (121 KB, 1195x508) Image search: [Google]
mr pink.jpg
121 KB, 1195x508
I agree.
>>
Tipping is disgusting of course, not doing it is wrong but employers perpetuating the action are worse

(why? because it allows us to judge people's work and perpetuates inequality on that front etc)

(that's why people get angry when it's suggested they don't tip or to ban tipping - they like feeling like the big boss. like they're powerful, not like the waitresses who should've made better choices)
>>
>>671691406
As a waiter and someone that benefits greatly from tipping, I too think it is retarded and waiters should just be paid a normal wage.
>>
>>671696886
Thank you for admiring my work, friend. BTW not like we do this for everyone, just the ones that always make us go way out of the way and don't tip every time. It's more rare than I've been making it out to be, beautiful anons!
>>
>>671694509
> Being this bitter
Jesus, grow up
>>
>>671697346
>Can't afford to tip
>Advises you to get another job

You're not really taking a stand or standing up for yourself in the small small way you think you are.
You're just that poorly dressed guy that never tips. Hell , they probably know you by now, I wonder if you've ever gotten decent seats (or even know what zones those are in)

10/10 would donate fedora to
>>
>>671697406
Our stores have 8 cameras. Also we don't hire fucking losers that think rubbing balls on pizza crust is funny.
>>
>>671697346
>I dine out to enjoy myself have enjoy a good meal, not help pay someone's rent.
I don't know what that has to do with telling them that you're not going to tip, but alright. But you shouldn't be eating out if you can't afford to pay three extra dollars. And if you can, your server should know that you're an asshole beforehand.
>>
>>671694509
kill yourself and this is coming from someone who does tip
>>
I tip drivers because they have to pay for their own gas. Companies aren't responsible for that, the shitheads.

I also tip really friendly restaurants. The kind that make you feel like you're family before even taking a seat.

Everyone else can get fucked. And yes, my uneducated friends, I have told your fellow unemployable brethren that I won't be tipping before service. It's made me tip the few that didn't just revert to the garbage I already suspected they were.
>>
>>671697744
I not only can afford to tip if I wanted too, but I'm also married. You don't tip me for making sure your flight lands safely and keeping you alive, why should I tip for for bringing me iced tea and a Caesar salad?
>>
anyone who says tipping is absolutely an idiot. Here's why tipping makes sense. It's an initiative. It's like getting a prize for doing good work. If I get paid an hourly wage I have no incentive to provide good service to you. If I get paid an hourly wage as soon as you start acting like an asshole (which I assume you will because you're the kind of person that wouldn't tip), I would absolutely ignore you the entire time with no penalty. Tipping requires me, the server, to always be responsive no matter the circumstances. That's why you, the asshole, continue to get good service no matter what. Also whether you agree with tipping or not, that is a servers paycheck. You are willingly knowingly not paying for a service you received. If you don't want to tip, fine. Don't go out to fucking eat you low life
>>
I like to tip, if I got good service I like to show my gratitude. I also don't see it as that big a deal. Fucking Jews man
>>
Hello, Mr. Pink
>>
>>671697540
>inequality
It makes people provide good service in a service based industry
Fucking jew
>>
>>671697813
Haha, at least you don't think you do. Belive that we're on our best behavior when the guy about the GM or higher comes in, but once they're out, welcome to the jungle. Gotta find at least some way to enjoy a dead end job...
>>
>>671697830
Here's a tip for you. Go to night school, earn that shiny GED and get yourself a respectable call center job, loser.
>>
>>671698180
>I only give good service for tips.
My dog initially only sat for treats, but even that retarded animal does it out of respect now.
>>
>>671698180
I agree
>>
>>671691406
hope you dont go to the same place more than once. if so, enjoy your spit, boogers, cum, etc;
>>
>>671697927
I've thought about it many times, could never really find a good reason end it. Here's to a long healthy one amirite, fellas?
>>
>>671694902
This attitude and sense of entitlement is probably why you'll never progress further than as a pizza boy, regardless of what phd you're going to claim to be on the verge of finishing.
>>
>>671698377
Kek'd & check'd
>>
File: so-edgy.png (62 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
so-edgy.png
62 KB, 300x200
>>671691406

So... .fucking.... EDGY.

Holy shitnuggets, the so cool edgy fuckers in this thread, all so bad ass! I'm not sure how ONE thread can maintain so much cool without freezing the entire internets.

FUCK YEAH.

So bad ass. Not sure how I can keep from jerkin' off thinking about this bunch of cool, masculine badasses.
>>
>>671695666
Can someone explain this one?
>>
>>671698527
Sorry, meant for >>671694509
>>
>>671698397
if you're gonna greentext make sure it's something I actually said retard
>>
>>671698377
>Implying I work as a waiter
I graduated high school, asshole, and I got a scholarship to ASU.
>>
>>671695568
as a part-time bartender who makes $30k a year because of tips, I agree with you.

i profit a lot because of tips but 2.13/hr for tipped positions is not a living wage by any means.
>>
>>671691406
People who dont tip are cheap bastards. Whether the tipping model is right or not doesnt mean jack shit. You arent changing the system by refusing to tip, you are simply painting a bullseye on yourself when you return.
>>
>>671691978
Germany has wages above €4 a hour, right?
>>
>>671698377
Fuck you. I work in a call centre. Don't believe yourself to be any sort of leftist if you're just going to shit on people who have jobs you personally don't want, thanks.
>>
>>671694902
Endorsing shit employers by giving them your business makes you a shit human
>>
>>671698659
That is what you said, you fucking moron. This is why you're a waiter.
>>
>>671698706
>ASU
wew lad
>>
>>671698527
Not claiming any degree, not even claiming on going any further than this town. The little victories I get to have for myself are enough.
>>
>>671698898
Have you even attended college?
>>
>>671698836
I used to work at a call center, then I decided to stop boozing and shooting up roxies, I enrolled in a private flight school, got a job for Delta.
>>
>>671698859
>If I get paid an hourly wage I have no incentive to provide good service to you

Is what I said actually. This is why you're a fucking asshat who doesn't tip
>>
>>671699122
I have a bachelors from Boston University and a masters from Cal Tech.
>>
>>671699153
I... did you just trade one stressful job for a far more stressful one? Without much capacity for public or artistic growth?

...yeah I'm not sure if you called it right.
>>
>>671691406
Nice bait, you got me.

I actually deliver chinese food. I get paid $5 per hour from them. I must use my own personal vehicle and pay for my own gas. If enough people don't tip in a row, it gets to me in a really bad way. It basically means I worked for free for however long I am getting stiffed.

The $5/hour covers gas and maintenance of my car only.

So to all those who don't tip the pizza/chinese guy, please, stop treating us like slaves. I get you don't like paying more than the cost, but for christ's sake you didn't have to leave the house. Hot shit came to YOU. Stop being so damn heartless.
>>
>>671699200
>if hourly I have no incentive
>I need tips to keep providing good service.
Is English just not your first language?
>>
>>671699258
Then you should know that the University you attend does not hinder your chances of success in the business world.
>>
>>671691406
You're an Asshole, or a troller.
I do like your pic though!
>>
Why do people order shitty papa johns. Is it really that hard to put on pants and go to a good pizza place?
>>
>>671699391
>So to all those who don't tip the pizza/chinese guy, please, stop treating us like slaves. I get you don't like paying more than the cost, but for christ's sake you didn't have to leave the house. Hot shit came to YOU. Stop being so damn heartless.

Paying the cost that's presented isn't heartless. Your boss is being heartless by not paying you more and the state is being heartless by not introducing a minimum wage that is suitable, period. It's not the consumers' job to be a philanthropist to those that aren't being paid enough.
>>
>>671699153
Delta? The worst airline of them all? Really?
>>
>>671699569

You think tipping is being a "philanthropist?"

Full retard.
>>
>>671699589
Like I give a shit about that, it one of the highest paying and that's all I care about.
>>
>>671699740
Why is it the purchasers role to not be 'heartless' to you, when they don't set your wage?

(the purchaser's role is to *not be a huge bitch to you*)
>>
>>671699781
What are you doing with that money that somehow makes that job better than one with more personal growth opportunity?

Genuinely curious.
>>
>>671699740
Wanting restaurants to keep getting cost breaks is the real full retard here. The people you deliver to are not your employer's.
>>
>>671694509
and that is why I never every eat at carryout or fast food places..employees are usually fucking dregs of society that can not get a better job, they could give a shit about what they do...so why the fuck do I want them touching or delivering my food
>>
I'm a business student at a prestigious University. In various clubs we always have outings where we'll go to local restaurants to network for future connections. We always tip well....if they earn it. We pretty much make them sucked our assholes to get it cause they know we tip big. One of the members of the finance club, fucking horse's ass, likes to subtly degrade a certain female waitress. She laps it up for the same reasons as above. I think he actually has pics of her sucking his dick as well.
>>
>>671691406

the average waitress is making about $50/hr

the world needs more people like you to bring their wage down
>>
>>671699873

Oh, you think being expected to tip is being treated like a bitch?

Alright, let's adopt a new payscale. Drivers are paid $12/hr and the employer compensates the driver $2 per delivery for gas costs.

Maintenance is still on the driver.

Your bill goes up 20%. GG, idiot.
>>
>>671694509
As if the people working pizza jobs (i.e. retards who can't get any other job) could "track".

Pizzapeople are the laziest people in the world. Sure, in their autistic fantasies they would do this. But they could never follow through.
>>
>>671700099

i would pay 20% more for my pizza if they paid the drivers better. no problem.
>>
>>671700067
Smart man! I usually do the same thing, especially after what I've seen.
>>
>>671691805
Thank you
>>
>>671700081
>I'm a business student at a prestigious University. In various clubs we always have outings where we'll go to local restaurants to network for future connections. We always tip well....if they earn it. We pretty much make them sucked our assholes to get it cause they know we tip big. One of the members of the finance club, fucking horse's ass, likes to subtly degrade a certain female waitress. She laps it up for the same reasons as above. I think he actually has pics of her sucking his dick as well.

>(that's why people get angry when it's suggested they don't tip or to ban tipping - they like feeling like the big boss. like they're powerful, not like the waitresses who should've made better choices)
>>
>>671700171

Honestly the worst I have ever done to a habitual stiffer is eat one of their fried shrimp.

I'm such a pussy.
>>
>>671700213
Then why don't you tip?!
>>
>>671691406
>115 replies
That's some nice b8 anon.
>>
>>671700171
Not very hard, I'll let you be the judge though.
>>
>>671700099
>Oh, you think being expected to tip is being treated like a bitch?

You don't know how to read. The demand on the consumer should be to treat the employee respectfully.

>Alright, let's adopt a new payscale. Drivers are paid $12/hr and the employer compensates the driver $2 per delivery for gas costs. / Maintenance is still on the driver. / Your bill goes up 20%. GG, idiot.

This should happen. If you're already tipping, the increase in the end bill shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>671700081

that waitress probably makes more money than you do

you enable dumb bitches. you are the worst kind of loser. have fun thinking you are so manly while paying to be a cuck.
>>
>>671700099
At least it's transparent, you dipshit. Let's assume your 20% isn't some arbitrary number pulled straight out of your ass. Not like you've ever had a real job before anyway.

Price discrimination works. Those who don't think it's worth it anymore will just eat something else. Or learn how to make delicious pizzas at home, which isn't too hard if you have an oven. In fact, it's a lot of fun making a pizza, especially with someone else, though a neckbeard like you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>671698180
you are the asshole...why do I have to provide incentive for YOU do do your job correctly..fucking people...
>>
>>671700328
Because it is a bad practice that puts too much emotional/moral power in the consumer's hands and takes too much responsibility away from the state and employer.
>>
>>671700213

But a 10-20% tip is different from that somehow?
Just on principal?

Anyone who stiffs based on stubborn principal is a fucking douchebag. It doesn't change anything to stiff. It doesn't help restaurants change their minds on wages or systems. It only screws the driver. Plain and simple.

YOu want it to change? Lobby for regulations.
>>
This is a great thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 400x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 400x545
>>671700081
University of Tennessee isn't that prestigious.
>>
>>671700328

i do tip delivery. they deserve it because they mostly make shit getting stiffed by niggers and poor college kids paying in exact change.

i only tip 10%, sometimes even less in restaurants however. those girls make $50-75/hr to refill drinks.
>>
>>671693710
aerospace apprenticeship because i'm not retarded, literally first job and i make 20k while getting free uni and accomadation
>>
>>671700641
Awesome, what are you doing with that uni education?
>>
File: hot-cup-of-tea.jpg (103 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
hot-cup-of-tea.jpg
103 KB, 425x282
>>671691406
I live in the UK and we don't have these fucking problems.
>>
Any Candafags?
My girl and I are looking into moving just outside Toronto. Is tipping a thing there?
>>
weak
>>
>>671694785
>tfw det ikke finnes god hasj i Norge utenfor Oslo ;(
>>
>>671700847
Yes.
>>
>>671700561

i don't give a shit. ive worked in restaurants. i know those girls make $100/hr on good nights. it is the most overpaid job on the planet.

i would rather the kitchen get tip share or something but the whole thing is fucked to begin with and its easier just to tip ~5-10% when i go out cause i know how overpaid they are.
>>
>>671700722
i am currently doing an apprenticeship at BAE
>>
>>671700478
How far can she go, really? Most she's likely to do is mid level management in this economy, before settling down with someone. It's subtle but, big pic, bitches don't last long in the workforce.
>>
>>671700632

Oh man. Here's the numbers after doing this for 3 years.

Whites: 25% stiff rate.
Blacks: 60% stiff rate.
Hispanics: 50% stiff rate.
>>
>>671691406
BAIT BAIT BAIT
>>
>>671698706
Have fun with your art degree LOSER hahahahahshahahagahagagagwgwg.
>>
One of my best friends is an ex con with no diploma or ged and she makes about $400 a night in tips working at Waffle House. Believe me, I don't pity waitstaff.
>>
>>671700928
>BAE
...why? What's the endgame there for you?
>>
>>671700910

Oh, I'm strictly defending delivery tips. Again, we use our personal vehicles, pay for our own gas, and are still paid tip-wage.
>>
>>671691406
I disagree with tipping as a concept, but you're an asshole for not tipping. Don't give businesses that require tips your patronage, Mr. Pink.
>>
>>671701004
Art degrees are awesome? What do people want after they get money? That's right, status, freedom, and personal/artistic fulfillment.
>>
File: 1456013420572.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1456013420572.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
>>671691406
I tip 30%. Its my choice to go out and let someone else cook and bring it to my lazy ass. Also its well know that niggers and Canadians don't tip. Which are you?
>>
>>671700955
Blacks have been through enough. They are exempt from tipping.

Hispanics are a cash-only people, and should tip generously. It's not like they get taxed by the government, since most of them of them don't have legit papers.
>>
File: 1453920200453.png (81 KB, 624x628) Image search: [Google]
1453920200453.png
81 KB, 624x628
>>
>>671700937
Feminist detected
>>
>>671700937

that waitress literally works at most 20 hours a week and probably makes about $1000-1500 most of which is straight cash and untaxed.

you are better off robbing a waitress that is leaving work on a friday/saturday night than a gas station. guarantee she is carrying more money. bitches literally work 6 hours on a good night and make $400-500
>>
>>671693710
im not one of them, but i work physically. low payment. Tell me why would i tip sb, that may have more money then i do?
>>
Just double the tax if I like the waiter. if no gtfo no regrets, so normally female waiters get more)
>>
>>671691406

Waited tabled years ago. Fine dining, so I can't address old people...the ones who are notorious for leaving small tips becuase on social security or whatever couldn't afford our food.

However, Living in Atlanta at the time, there were lots of black folk who had a fuckton of money and would come into our restaurant, run up a $500-700 bill for four people, and leave two servers whom they had just works like slaves (ironic) for two hours ten dollards at best.

Accordingly...OP Is a nigger.
>>
Good old american logic!!

i'll have that please + tax + a tip

land of the free??
>>
>>671701265

the people cooking for you make $8/hr after taxes

the girl that doesn't even have her GED that refilled your drinks is making $50/hr+++
>>
>>671701349

They aren't exempt from tipping drivers who run their vehicles into the ground bringing hot food to their lazy asses.

They should drive their god damn car-loan-is-more-expensive-than-rent mercedes with flashy rims to pick up their food.
>>
>>671701074
i love machines and flight, my endgame is to work for the UK space agency or move to the US and work for NASA because space is cool.
>>
>>671701567
Who makes that choice? The state and the employer.
>>
>>671701495
>female waiters

or waitresses as they're called

jesus fuck america, teach your kids something better than flag waving and clapping
>>
>>671698741
The minimum is 8,5€
>>
>>671699982
Having a wallet full of cash
>>
>>671701198
art degrees are fine if you're already made, don't expect to earn a living off it though.
>>
>>671701601
I wanna be a veternarian because I love DOGS

and i wanna draw comics because I love SUPERMAN AND GOKU
>>
>>671691406
Every time someone asks for a tip I tell them to go to trade school.

Seriously, my job is to rough in cable and install telecom equipment, not pay you your wage.

That's in the rare case I actually order delivery. I make 99% of my food at home.
>>
>>671701004
>Implying I'm majoring in an art
What is the deal with all this implying? Think before you post, you don't know this shit.
>>
>>671701707
I sit on my hoard, much like a dragon
>>
>>671701499

why the fuck does a bigger meal justify that you get paid more? why the fuck should tipping be % based?

why the fuck don't you get a kitchen job and actually see what real underpaid work is faggot

$10 to fill up some fucking drinks and carry a plate to the table seems fair to me
>>
>>671701715
You could say that about anything, in essence. The point of a medical degree is to teach you medicine, the money you're probably making is a function of the economy.
>>
>>671691406
If you're too poor to tip you're too poor to eat out. Do us a favor and stick to ramen in your moms basement.
>>
File: 1444682620027.jpg (45 KB, 640x612) Image search: [Google]
1444682620027.jpg
45 KB, 640x612
>>671701739
are you... ok? like in the head?
>>
>>671701753

Don't stiff the driver, please. Despite your personal values, all you're doing is metaphorically stealing gas from his tank.
>>
>>671700641
Heh. Boiler makers Apprentice. 33k
>>
>>671701910
sorry I just love machiens and space so much
>>
Do waitresses tip the truck driver that delivers all the food to the restaurant? If not, why should I tip them for bringing it to me?
>>
>>671691406
You're painting this as entitlement by the workers, but in reality, tips are a strategy employers use to pay their employees below minimum wage.

So yes, I agree with you that American culture should get rid of tipping, but not for the same reasons that you identify.
>>
>>671701627

the consumer is overpaying girls for having tits. the employer knows they don't have to pay the girl because she has tits.

it's a win:win:win

the girl with tits is getting paid more, the employer is paying less, and the guy that stiffs on the tip gets a cheaper meal while the whore still is making way to much money

only one getting fucked is the kitchen staff
>>
>>671701887
what? doctors are in demand so they can demand more money for their time, artists are not in demand so they can demand very little for their time.
>>
>>671699873
The whole problem is, both the boss and the state already said, "I'm not gonna pay them out of my pocket."
Your argument here is, "I shouldn't have to pay them out of pocket, so I'm not going to"
The system in place is shit, and all you're doing is saving yourself a few bucks while having the tipped workers work just about for free. It's an asshole move, one that someone with compassion wouldn't do. That's why you're being called heartless, faggot
>>
>>671701578
Do you know the average compensation rate for vehicle depreciation is, you dumb fuck? 20% on an already grossly marked up pizza?

Don't be mad at the customer. Be mad at the employer. If you're actually using your own car, you're the lowest of the low. Work the counter. Or are you too ugly?
>>
>>671701780
Well you seem like a fag so i just figured.
>>
>>671702050
kek
>>
>>671700171
I have worked pizza delivery before and while im not going to be so malicious as to do anything nasty to your food, I'm not above parking 2 blocks away from your house and smoking a bowl while your pizza gets cold. I figure if you aren't going to tip me you can at least give me a nice break for 10-20 minutes so that i dont get irritated when i see the 0 dollar tip.
>>
>>671702002
if you enjoy something and can get a job based around that why wouldn't you, don't you have any passions?
>>
Its the same in most countries, asidefrom America. Wages are included in the menu. Pricing is higher, but nobody is dependent on how much tit they show or how good they are as a waiter. Although, if you are in America, a lot of people who pick up waiting jobs are those who already have another hob and are trying to make a little more on the side. Either that or they thought a liberal arts degree would actually be helpful.
>>
>>671702100
There's never anything wrong with paying for tits.
>>
>>671702260
Based as fuck.
>>
>>671691406
See this is why customers are shit, and shouldn't even get the privilege of human service. Restaurants should basically have huge trough like table and a conveyor belt, and machines doing the cooking. Of the customers order is messed up, top bad, you get what you pay for, and good human service is a privige you self-righteous pigs should have to do without.
>>
Shitty waiters get no tip!!
>>
Kek this thread. I haven't taken a shower in over a week, and have a weeks worth of ball sweat and grime under my fingernails, if eating a little spit or ball sweat is what I have to pay for not tipping, so be it. Believe me, I'm grosser than you are.
>>
>>6716914
this
>>
>>671701967
assuming that's gbp then... i'm finding a new apprenticeship, if that's usd then we're pretty similar.
>>
>>671702119
That's what I said, actually.
>>
>>671693710
Tipping is such a US only/poor country things.
Tipping is necessary only when the wages are bad.
>>
>>671702291

i bet you donate to girls that pretend to play video games on twitch too

what a faggot

only beta cucks pay for tits but the market is strong and dumb whores thrive off it
>>
>>671702197
>Implying all fags major in art
You just don't know when to stop.
>>
>>671702261
No, getting a job based on your passions is unrealistic and childlike, even when it's done in STEM.

Sorry.
>>
>>671702260
Shit, come smoke the bowl at my place, I'll even smoke you out if you're cool. As if I didn't have a microwave.

I'm ordering delivery pizza, for christ's sake. If you think you're sticking it to anyone by holding off on my pizza, you're wasting your time.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 480x433
>>671697406
Because it so fucking hard to wash your hands after taking a piss, astronomically painful to wash dishes and obviously rocket science to find a new place for said boxes. By pointing out what you do wrong in the workplace, it only makes you look like shit, not prove your point.
>>
>>671702580
Hah, yeah i'm not buying it. either trolling or lieing, don't really care which. If you think I don't KNOW for a FACT that people enjoy their pizza hot, you are clueless. Theres a reason why pizza places shell out quite a bit of money for those pizza bags.
>>
>>671702514
Stop defending for stupied art degree. Im not impressed, you feel good waving around you fansy art degree around?
>>
>>671702499
>Haley420
>>
>>671702552
i love building and designing machines, i work building and designing machines, do you have any idea how a turbine jet engine works? they're fucking fascinating, i enjoy my job and my job is well payed and secure, what is unrealistic and childlike about that?
>>
>>671702170

Every 15,000 miles, brake pads, front: $150
Every 25,000 miles, shoes, rear: $150
Every 3000 miles, oil change, $50
Every 150 miles, gasoline, $20
Every 60,000 miles, tune up, belt replacement: $1000
Every 2 years, snow tires: $400
Every year, all weather tires: $400
Random parts to buy on aging car: neverending. Over the past two years random part replacement has been ~$2000 for me. Stuff like ball joints, turn signal switches, etc

Not to mention all monthly costs associated with owning a vehicle, but everyone has those.

It all adds up, there's stuff I haven't mentioned. Don't argue something you're fucking clueless about.
>>
>>671691406
Rich fag detected. Never had to work a service job. Those people make 3.5 an hour. But it's cool enjoy eating spit and whatever they throw in your food when you go in again. Also don't forget to tip the pizza guy. He has miles of road to fuck your pizza.
>>
>>671701860

Because we provided a much higher level of service and expertise regarding food, wines, etc than the average McDonald's worker. Hence, our job was to cater to the customer's every need and to enhance their experience. We provided them with tremendous service, and and a dining experience which was, generally, perfect.

My brother is an executive chef, and worked his way up through the ranks. My best friend is a corporate chef for a regional chain, and I met him when he came in as a grunt line cook at this same upscale establishment I speak of, where I was a lowly waiter. I know kitchen workers have it worse. But like you, they are usually either so socially retarded or just fucking stupid and ugly that they can't get a job out front, even if they want one.

This dynamic would seem completely foreign and alien to a poorfag like you who has a problem tipping a delivery driver $2 and could have never afforded to buy a salad in my previous place of employment. So your response is totally expected.
>>
It's getting worse. First time I went to the US in 1998 it was something like, leave a 12% tip. Now you'll get called a cheap bastard if it's less than 20%. that's a large proportion of the cost of a dinner.
IDC really, it's all expensable but there's something really broken about it.
>>
>>671702803
I actually prefer mine room temp.
>>
>>671692155
fuck you
>>
File: 1425332557120.png (331 KB, 442x532) Image search: [Google]
1425332557120.png
331 KB, 442x532
>>671698535
Fucking pleb. You just don't get how the misery of others give excellent gentlemen, such as myself, joy.
>>
>>671703027
Thats because you are a tasteless faggot.
>>
>>671702934
Jesus who needs pads every 15k?
>>
>>671703041
>right click
>search google for this image
>>
>>671703146
not me, I can make a set of pads last 50-70k easy, its called not stomping on the brake pedal like you are a fucking ape.
>>
>Every 150 miles, gasoline, $20

Shit nigga, what are you driving? Is there a hole in the tank? I pay only slightly more than that for 150 miles worth of fuel and I life in fucking England.
>>
>>671703146

Usually someone who drives like an asshole and has no idea how to treat their automobile.
>>
>>671703010

That is why if the food is of good quality, I tip the chef and thank them personally. It takes zero skill or brain power to be a waiter, your job is to take things from point A to point B.
>>
>>671703146

Delivery drivers. Most of our driving involves downtown stop and go traffic.
>>
>>671702934

i have a 96 honda accord with 220,000 miles that runs perfectly, fills up for less than $15 and has had basically no repairs in the last 4 years other than a muffler, tires and oil changes

and i lived in the fucking mountains and drove in snow on the regular (why i had to replace the muffler)

you spending $2000 to maintain a piece of shit car is a joke bro
>>
>>671702803
Sure, I enjoy my pizza hot. Do you ACTUALLY think there's a difference between microwaving it? It's not some gourmet food. It's fucking bread & sauce & toppings. It's fucking delicious out of the microwave, it's fucking PIZZA. It's even delicious cold.

>Pizza bags are something special
Schoolkids use those
>>
>>671703475
cool, i'm glad we are both happy then. I get my break, you get your cold pizza without having to tip. win win
>>
>>671703398

Do you put 200 in-town miles on it per day? Dense stop signs, street lights, lines of cars everywhere that you have to cut around quickly so people don't get mad waiting too long?
>>
>>671703002

"expertise" oh you mean recommending the cheap house red wine and then fucking up their order because you typed it in wrong

the kitchen deserves half your paycheck faggot. you literally do nothing.

i always tip a lot for delivery drives and i stiff pricks like you that think "providing a dining experience" is a legitimate/hard job
>>
>>671703475
i like oven pizzas (microwave pizzas are garbage) but a good fast food pizza will beat any oven pizza hands down.
>>
>>671702808
Can you read? Or are you just randomly hitting your keyboard and somehow forming coherent sentences? Cause if you could read then you'd know that I'm not majoring in art and that I don't have an art degree.
>>
>>671696171
This is how it should be done, im a food-worker in a small local restaurant, i agree, dont tip unless we provide you with excellent service, dont consider it an obligation. we expect nothing less
However, if you come in, we serve you, we do our best and you dont tip, we do remember a face and you will not be getting our best again, just the bare minimum. i had a few ladies all dolled up, hang around for an hour after my shift ended and didnt tip, in the future im passing their table on to another person and leaving or simply passing on their table.
>>
>>671702808
>stupied
>>
>>671702055
If today every restaurant was forced to pay minimum wage to servers, you would see an immediate increase in menu prices to the tune of about 15%. I am absolutely certain that a large portion of that would end up in ownership pockets rather than in the hands of servers. Think of servers as independent sales people earning the majority of their wage based on commissions and you will understand why this method is better for the employee. I have good servers who on average clear $15.00 an hour which is over twice minimum wage. Pretty good for people with only a high school education, no skills, flexible hours, and an extremely low risk of accidental injury.
>>
>>671702934
Like I said, do you know what the average rate for vehicle depreciation is? You're quoting thousands of miles.

>Hurr durr I'll order from best pizza in other town based on normiefag Yelp reviews

If you don't know, just sit down and shut up. No shame in it.

> Fucking Berniebro commie fags trying to get their govt/employers to pay for their cars
>>>DEPRECIATION, WIKI IT
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mysrzcALY31rc3mra.gif (796 KB, 297x264) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mysrzcALY31rc3mra.gif
796 KB, 297x264
>>671700236
Being this new
>>
>>671703582

you sound like you drive like a fucking retard
>>
Every time I go to McDonald's I see their employees busting ass, every time I pick up a pizza the employees are goofing off. Who really deserves a tip?
>>
>>671704033
That's because McDonalds is now staffed almost entirely by hispanics.
>>
>>671703968

Okay. :)
>>
>>671703725
thing u dont get is there will be no next time
>>
>>671691406
I worked for Pizza Hut when I was 20 and everyone there would keep track of the cheap fucks that didn't tip.
You guys were the ones that got spit and pubes in you pizza.
>>
>>671703666

making your own pizza is pretty fucking easy man. i will never understand plebs heating up shit tier digiorno pizzas that cost more money and are far shittier than just making your own
>>
>>671703379
It's tour fault you work a shit job you degenerate retard.
Kill yourself. You don't deserve tips.
>>
>>671697531
faggot
>>
>>671703665

No...I work quite hard every day. This was 20 years ago, when I was in the service industry, busting my ass for a better future. Kissing the asses of entitled pricks so I could get ahead. Now I own a business with staff and operations in three states, and will never have to set foot inside a restaurant again except to get some poor fucking pleb like you to cook my food because I can afford to eat out. A lot.

Enjoy your life. LOL
>>
>>671703665
i actually agree with you, but what servers do isnt worth 7.25, perhaps $9-10, i would be perfectly happy serving for $10 an hour, but due to tipping being a thing in america, im forced to stress on a variable 7.25 on weekdays and anywhere from $15-20 an hour on weekend night shifts. (i do tip out my kitchen staff, their latino and are underpaid so i tip them out at the end of the night because they deserve better)
while providing a dining experience isnt "difficult" it can become stressful due to entitled assholes and 10 person parties, taking care of 20 people all expecting their food in 10 minutes can be rather stressful.
but again i agree, i know countless servers that are absolute SHIT at their job and dont deserve shit. so i would say to do what you do, but if someone goes above and beyond what a 7.25 an hour wage should get you, try to help them out, because they do get paid next to nothing, if not, servers only make the mistake of going above and beyond once for an ungrateful person and you will get what we are paid for, $2.13 an hour
>>
>>671704033
Because in pizza shops you have to wait for shit to bake. And even if someone calls in an order mid-bake it still has to wait to be even prepped until the other shit is done baking.

Meanwhile in mcdonalds they have to make 10-15 sandwhiches to set in heating trays in prep for food rushes where they hand you like 3 hour old food to get you out of the door faster.

Go into mcd's at like 10 am or 3pm they goof off too.
>>
>>671703725

you sound like a piece of shit and i wouldn't tip you at all

>ill just fuck over my coworkers if i see you again
>you won't get my "100%"

oh noes my drinks will take 30 seconds longer to get topped off
>>
>>671704209

Yeah, threatening biological warfare on people who don't tip will really convince them to. It's truly a valid argument. It works.

Fuck you, man. I don't care how many times a person stiffs me, I would never do something like that. We just add a delivery charge to people who don't tip. That and they're dead fucking last in my 6-order runs, no matter when they ordered.

Stiffers get to enjoy cold, stale rangoons and musky general tso's.
>>
>>671704164
so you go to each restaurant only once? lolk works
>>
>>671694509
Wage cucks like yourself deserve to die. Get a better job you parasite.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 475x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 475x401
>>671702170
>implying pizza places have company cars
>implying looks is what lands you front of the house
Fucking stupid, why bother posting?
>>
>>671704223

And you don't deserve delivery. Go pick it up.

Also glass houses and all that. Fuck you.
>>
Guys, I'm a student on a shit tier European country, so I never tip. Should I feel bad about it?
>>
>>671704431
so there you admit that a shitty tip or no tip is fucking a server over. thats my point entirely, why should we get paid shit to do our best?
>>
>>671694509
Why stop there? why not poison their food?

Because you can't that's why, If anyone got sick from your food, you could lose your job.

So do whatever you want, bro; I know you can't do much.
>>
When you don't tip you're not hurting the business at all, you're hurting the low wage employees who have little to no choice in the matter in which they're paid.

So, you know, great job being a little prick.
>>
>>671704512
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>671704651
no, only america has a major tipping culture
>>
>>671704311

>i was a douche before
>i am still a douche now

i havent been in a kitchen in years mate. but at least i know what hard work is instead of being a whiney cock sucker like yourself.
>>
>>671704504
why would i go again to a restaurant that was so shitty that i didnt even wanna tip the waiter :)
>>
>>671704651
no, because youre not in a country where servers are paid less than 30% of minimum wage
>>
ITT: Every 16-year-old Republican in the world.
>>
>>671694509
Bet you still think you're cool for being a worthless fucking pothead huh Anon?
Get a real job you douche lord.
>>
>>671704475
Yeah honestly thats how it was for us most of the time.
The spit was really only for the faggots that treated you like shit just for having a shit job.
>>
>>671691406
In America, you tip. Just like in India, you shit on the street and rape women.

Customs man, gotta have them.
>>
>>671704799
thats a fair point, but im not talking about people that do tip, im talking about those that dont tip regardless of serving. Most of us know when we provide good service.
>>
>>671704416

being a waiter is cake

if the customers complain blame the kitchen

if the kitchen complains blame the customers.

dont stress anything and just do what you can and collect $50/hr mostly tax free
>>
>>671691406
>Several weeks ago
>Country where it's customary but not mandatory to tip
>Go on a double/blind date with a girl and I don't know and a couple that's friends with me and her
>Burger house
>We have a nice time
>Regular service, nothing out of the ordinary neither for better nor for worse
>Check bill, we all pay for ourselves
>I don't tip because I don't find it necessary, but in company with other people who do tip, I'll usually round my credit card's charge up a shekel or two
>Somehow me and the couple cover the whole bill
>Chick says she'll do the tip, and she does, leaving some "fair" amount on the table next to the receipts
>We get up and walk towards the door
>A waitress that had no interaction with us beforehand leans on the bar
>Says blatantly and somewhat patronizingly "IT'S CUSTOMARY TO LEAVE A TIP."

She didn't even check the table first. She just saw us leaving and assumed for whatever reason that we robbed her from her money.
>>
>>671696171
>tips pizza guys less because he wants to tip the cook
>Tips waiters for how the food is prepared and how fast you get it, which relies entirely on the cooks

You are the definition of double standards.
>>
>>671700641
>uni
>britfag detected
>Tipping is american....
>>
>>671693502

unless you're actually skilled, are using proper tools, and know what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>671694509
>Triggered some niggers
Good job I guess.
>>
>>671705035
spoken like someone who has never been in the food industry
>>
File: thumb.jpg (12 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
12 KB, 200x252
>>671698143
> but I'm also married
>>
>>671705040
I'd have walked back, and picked that shit up while smiling in her face as I folded hem shekels into my pocket.
>>
>>671704756

>low wage employees
>waitress makes $50-100/hr
>>
>>671691406

>tipping thread
>2342342342 responses
>such concern, such hot issue

>mfw most of /b/ are waiters
>>
>>671699589
GET OUT OF MY INTERNET!
Delta is great, they are the ONLY US airliner that could compete on a global scale. Why do you think the US has closed skies? Because every single other American air liner cant compete.
>>
>>671705040
Should have turned around, picked it up from the table, showed it to her then pocketed it and left
>>
>>671705040
You autists man. THis stuff...doesnt...happen. Like I know its /b/, make up everything, but make it sound more believable. Less "neck beard fantasy"? KK?
>>
>>671698143
you're a fucking pilot?
>>
>>671704795

>I was bitter before
>I am still bitter now

Is okay bro. Be butthurt. I'm in my 40s and work 50 to 60-hour weeks so that I can pay great wages and full benefits for my entire staff (who don't work for tips), send my kids to great schools, and enjoy the personal benefits of busting my ass.

So name calling by faceless online losers just gives me a little self-satisfied grin as I take this break in the middle of my day to check out the insanity on 4chan. Probably means I am a douche after all. Nice...

You can call me a whiney cocksucker because I think servers should be tipped for their work. Don't care.

You keep working hard. I'll keep working smart AND hard. Peace...I'm out. Got to get back to living the American dream.
>>
>>671694806
Or someone who is in college and just trying to make some money at the same time you dipshit
>>
File: 1456408269385.jpg (11 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
1456408269385.jpg
11 KB, 360x361
>>
>>671705444
Are you seriously that upset about it?
>>
>>671705101
not really, most restaurants require the servers to split their tips with the cooking staff. So you essentially are tipping everyone at a restaurant where as a pizza place some faggot stoner probably just spends it on weed before he gets back.
>>
>>671705035
you do know servers have to declare all credit card tips, right? they get taxed on everything except cash tips
>>
>>671694509
Hahah! What a sad existence.
>>
>>671698287
absurd lie.
Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 15

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.